Is Hendrick Motorsports no longer a Super Team?

I'd like to see the 48 get the 8th title just to rile up all the Petty and especially Earnhardt diehards that would get all mad and upset that Jimmie has more titles. I just see something missing from the 48 and with the new playoff points system actually making the regular season a bit more meaningful, I'll be very surprised they are in Homestead this year.
You know I like Earnhardt and to be honest, when JJ got the 7th I was thinking how cool and what a moment it was. I rooted against JJ for so long just because he beat my guy Jeff Gordon for so long. So Iam not sure how I'd feel if JJ got the 8th I dont think you can compare drivers over era's anymore due to point system changes we dont know how JJ would have done in the Winston Cup Points system ( though I do think he'd be a multi time champ because he almost won in it and was in contention in 02,03) and we dont know how Earnhardt would have done in the Chase/Playoff systems.

Jimmie johnson also got screwed with early race stage points being awarded as he is not a good qualifier

Who is the best Chevy?

It's a hell of a lot closer than you think.

upload_2018-8-22_10-41-29.png

upload_2018-8-22_10-43-22.png

upload_2018-8-22_10-42-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-22_10-41-53.png
    upload_2018-8-22_10-41-53.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 225
What people should be asking about after the Darlington race is what's up with the Hendrick's Engine Shop? They had two of their own with issues and another they supplied end the same way. That's unheard of in modern racing.

What people should be asking about after the Darlington race is what's up with the Hendrick's Engine Shop? They had two of their own with issues and another they supplied end the same way. That's unheard of in modern racing.
Larson's worked pretty good, so did Chase's. Who knows about Jaimie, could have been an over rev, Johnson's belt off the oil pump is pretty rare as was his rear seal going out a couple of years ago and is probably responsible for playoff points after he was eliminated in the first round. The sky isn't falling.

LOL, 3 engines with issues in one race but that isn't unusual or an issue. ROFLMAO!

And that was coming in unscheduled for a loose wheel, I believe that is twice this season for a double whammy.
Car had top 5 speed though. 24 ran top 10 a while. HMS is starting to get it together, speedwise. Piggybacking off Chase's win

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Car had top 5 speed though. 24 ran top 10 a while. HMS is starting to get it together, speedwise. Piggybacking off Chase's win

That isn't anything new, way back at Sonoma Hendrick had put three cars in the top 12 three times in a row qualifying. They lose positions shortly after the drop the flag. Who knows if they are good at setting up the car for qualifying but can't for the race? I bet the plus and minus pit row score for Elliott is pretty heavy on the minus side, they sure didn't help Johnson this year either. But what is concerning with Johnson are all of the driver errors he has made this year. Some of Chad's strategy moves have been pretty bad also.

I've never rooted for JJ in my life, but I'm to the point where I would genuinely be happy to see him find his way back to VL. It's really a bummer to watch what's going on with those guys.

I've never rooted for JJ in my life, but I'm to the point where I would genuinely be happy to see him find his way back to VL. It's really a bummer to watch what's going on with those guys.
He will. No way has Jimmie won his last race. He wont get to Jeff at 94, but he will get close to 90

I never liked Johnson or Hendrick really, but ever since they came out the gate slow, I found myself pullin for the 48 n 24 week after week...
they were legit underdogs this year...the champ and the kid. Was alot of fun.

...wanna see Chad n Jimmie steal this title.

Last edited:
I'm excited to see how he can perform at Dover in a few weeks. That'll be a fair measure of progress from earlier in the season.

Back
Top Bottom