iTS HAPPENING/Deegan doing trucks @ Kansas

I don’t go out of my way to talk down to teenagers. All things considered, Deegan has handled her fame maturely.
You do realize she is a teenager..... Teenage girls talk down to EVERYONE. Especially when you think you are a superstar.

Reading is fun. Reread the last sentence of my post. She thinks she's a superstar .

When I was a teenager I thought I was a superstar once. I was 18 and I had just bought an old 1965 cabover Freightliner with a 238 Detroit and a 10 speed transmission for $4,000.00 from an old local farmer down the road. I was going to rent his grain trailer and haul grain for him and a few of the other farmers in the area from their fields to the grain companies in Indianapolis . I borrowed $5,000,00 so I could have $1,000.00 left over for insurance, plates, and fuel. I rubbed on that old dull looking truck until my hands were numb but it still didn't look any better when I finished. I loaded up the first load and I'm heading down Interstate 70 for my long 20 mile trip to Indy and I got the air ride seat pumped up as high as I could and still reach the foot pedals heading east bound with the hammer down as fast as that old truck would go "which was about 55mph down hill if there was no head wind" anyway, I had a grin on my face the size of Dallas because I was a superstar the king of the road...until I looked in the mirror and saw this big shiny Peterbilt come flying past me with smoke as black as coal coming out of his bellowing stacks. Then like a rocket ship he was gone... and I knew right then I was not going to have any superstar status until I got a bigger truck with a bigger engine. :)

In her mind.
1599098606192-gif.31775

A GIF ? REALLY?
Fantastic reply.
Anyway, hopefully she has a relatively safe and damage free race that adds to her learning curve.

Eight cars on the lead lap and Hailie couldn’t get a top five. Meanwhile one of the cars she talked down about just won the championship.

6th place finish.3rd in points. Brought it back ( the car )basically unscathed..
That's a podium place Championship.

Eight cars on the lead lap and Hailie couldn’t get a top five. Meanwhile one of the cars she talked down about just won the championship.
I have no idea what planet you are on. Deegan in the clip above finished 2nd in the dirt at Springfield. All she has to do is start the car at Kansas and she wins rookie of the year.

I have no idea what planet you are on. Deegan in the clip above finished 2nd in the dirt at Springfield. All she has to do is start the car at Kansas and she wins rookie of the year.

She finished second at a dirt track, which is her specialty because almost all of the contenders got taken out by one driver. I watched the race. She was running in her usual sixth place before then.

How many people on this forum bashed Danica to death?
Danica was in her 30s while in NASCAR, had a full Indy Car career prior to NASCAR, and was shoved up the ranks into the Cup series for promotional purposes only. Not to mention she actually argued with fans at the track.

They are a night and day difference and thanks to the Danica model, Hailie knows how not to be manipulated by the machine.

Danica was in her 30s while in NASCAR, had a full Indy Car career prior to NASCAR, and was shoved up the ranks into the Cup series for promotional purposes only. Not to mention she actually argued with fans at the track.

They are a night and day difference and thanks to the Danica model, Hailie knows how not to be manipulated by the machine.
I have OFTEN said that I wish DP had run more in the lower series.

second. Gives props to winner. Loves the dirt

I would love, love, love to see Cup run a mile dirt race.
Kelly Earnhardt expressed the same when interviewing Deegan on Dale’s podcast. It was a good conversation.

I saw that one, good episode but heck they all are! I'm surprised there's not a running thread here about that show.

I would love, love, love to see Cup run a mile dirt race.

I saw that one, good episode but heck they all are! I'm surprised there's not a running thread here about that show.
there was,

EDIT:

I really don't see her finishing the race today. She'll be too aggressive and try to get too much out of the truck. If she does and if she turns out to be a success, more power to her! I haven't watched much ARCA, but I watch enough to know that the competition is extremely thin, so there's no reason why she shouldn't have a win if she's the real deal. All I remember from my trip to Lebanon is that every pass she made occurred because she spun the guy in front of her.

I really don't see her finishing the race today. She'll be too aggressive and try to get too much out of the truck. If she does and if she turns out to be a success, more power to her! I haven't watched much ARCA, but I watch enough to know that the competition is extremely thin, so there's no reason why she shouldn't have a win if she's the real deal. All I remember from my trip to Lebanon is that every pass she made occurred because she spun the guy in front of her.
Bud, if you were optimistic about anything, the Kansas race would be a rain out. Keep smiling. ;)

Back
Top Bottom