It's Monster

Perfect sponsor for the sport. Kudos to everyone (yes, even BZF) who made it work, even if it's a bit of a pay cut for NASCAR.

My only hope is that Monster Energy redesignes the trophy into something more classically designed, and they take a good hard look at making the championship system as common sensical as possible.

There's a push to bring a chase format to SX, so I wouldn't get your hopes up....

There's a push to bring a chase format to SX, I wouldn't get your hopes up....
You are, of course, kidding. I don't know squat about SX and have only a vague guess that it has something to do with motorcycles, but I don't know why anyone else would adopt the abomination that is the Chase.

You are, of course, kidding. I don't know squat about SX and have only a vague guess that it has something to do with motorcycles, but I don't know why anyone else would adopt the abomination that is the Chase.

Yeah it's an abbreviation for Supercross. Monster and Feld Entertainment run the show. It's not a joke and as you can imagine, the fans aren't hyped on the idea.

NASCAR is definitely looking to the future. I'm sure the France family would have loved a car-centric old school sponsor (The FRAM Cup!), but the marketing money wasn't coming. So by caving to who's willing to write a check, NASCAR is backing (ass first) into a situation that may attract the much need new, younger fans.

If nothing else, Victory Lane with the Monster Girls will be...interesting.

The Chase has to stay. I'm sorry but the points system is old and doesn't reward winning as much as this new chase. I'd rather have the Chase than a driver clinch the championship before the end of the season. They can't go back to a boring points system when they have a system now that works and makes every race as important to the next.

NASCAR is definitely looking to the future. I'm sure the France family would have loved a car-centric old school sponsor (The FRAM Cup!), but the marketing money wasn't coming. So by caving to who's willing to write a check, NASCAR is backing (ass first) into a situation that may attract the much need new, younger fans.

If nothing else, Victory Lane with the Monster Girls will be...interesting.

Miss Sprint Cup Requirements:
-Be in med school
-Be hot af

Monster Energy Girl req:
-Be hot af
-Don't be too high

The Chase has to stay. I'm sorry but the points system is old and doesn't reward winning as much as this new chase. I'd rather have the Chase than a driver clinch the championship before the end of the season. They can't go back to a boring points system when they have a system now that works and makes every race as important to the next.

You must be talking about ONLY the last 10 races...

I'd rather have the first 26 races be important and the last 10 be anticlimactic than to have the first 26 be anticlimactic and the last 10 be important.

I don't recall the championship being clinched more than a couple of times in 50 years.

Not at all. The first 26 are just as important. If you don't do well in them or fail to win a race you miss the chance to run for a chsmpinship in those final 10.
But if you win the Daytona 500 all you basically need to do is not drive like Norm Benning for the remaining 25 races. How does that make the first 26 races important?

I wish the sponsor was different. I would prefer it to be a product that I could support, but the only energy drink I ever touch is Amp. And Kickstart, if you count it as one; some do, some don't.

Well I'm excited for next year now. I hope the first thing Monster does is loosen the reins on interviews. Let the drivers say what they want as long as they don't bash Monster. Put some personality into the series again. Let's watch Danica and Hamlin have a meltdown, and apparently Harvick and Truex are enemies now!

I wish the sponsor was different. I would prefer it to be a product that I could support, but the only energy drink I ever touch is Amp. And Kickstart, if you count it as one; some do, some don't.
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not an energy drinker, but isn't that the difference between coke and pepsi?

They should come back.

So many drivers had Red Bull as their crutch and lost it. They have plenty of funding to come back to American Motorsports.

Red Bull left Nascar as they claimed it wasn't an audience they were wanting to reach. Red Bull has riches beyond belief so it wasn't the lack of resources that caused them to leave.

But if you win the Daytona 500 all you basically need to do is not drive like Norm Benning for the remaining 25 races. How does that make the first 26 races important?

Who would want to do that though? No one that climbs in a racecar every weekend. The more wins you get the better the advatsge in the Chase. Some of you act like the drivers are just there for the money and not the competition. The top drivers are trophy hunters and want to win every race.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to see how this all plays out.

I will be interested to hear term and money as even when Nascar seems to be on the ropes they still do very well financially in deals like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not an energy drinker, but isn't that the difference between coke and pepsi?

I really don't know. All I know is I can get Amp and Kickstart in watermelon flavor. I just view them as other Mtn Dew flavors in weird shaped cans.

Who would want to do that though. No one that climbs in a racecar every weekend. Some of you act like the drivers are just there for the money and not the competition. The top drivers are trophy hunters and want to win every race.
Have you never heard of "points racing"? Drivers do it all the time. That's how Johnson won most of his championships. The Chase perpetuates points racing more than ever, minus the final race in the current format.

No. More like the difference between Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper.

Some energy drinks (Monster, NOS, Red Bull) taste like piss. Others (Full Throttle, Rip It, Amp) taste amazing.

Back
Top Bottom