JGR press conference

It stuns me how Kenseth 'the robot', Kenseth the one who never showed emotion, how when he exploded out of his shell this one time, has in this one event wiped out all of his previous mild mannered reputation as a respected race car driver.
Yes but that is life. Just remember he also got his rich cronies of the privileged class to speak in his defense. I was really disgusted when Junior who doesn't drive this way, made light of the matter in defense of Matt.

Yes but that is life. Just remember he also got his rich cronies of the privileged class to speak in his defense. I was really disgusted when Junior who doesn't drive this way, made light of the matter in defense of Matt.

I don't know who those rich cronies are but to say I'm surely not one of them. :p

I know how it works. Jones is a JGR driver at FRR until a seat opens up on the JGR team. I would also think Toyota would work something out in Kenseth/Jones swap if need be.

I'm not sure how different life would be for Kenseth if they made that swap .. probably not very different at all. I think Truex and Jones sit in at JGR for the majority of driver meetings. Judging from comments yesterday Joe and Matt's people might be working on a new deal, but there's definitely some uncertainty

Logano didn't handle it right at all .. made no attempt to smooth things over after wrecking Matt and got what he deserved, The reason other drivers rallied around Matt is because Logano is one of the most unpopular drivers in the garage. It was unanimous with the fans that day as well ... Matt received his biggest cheers of his career when he took Logano down. Your guy Brad also helped pushed Kenseth over his boiling point when he took Matt out after jacking around on the restarts all day with Joey. Brad also got under Matt's skin the previous week at Dega. It was just a perfect storm of events from Penske drivers that brought that situation to a head.

Reactions: Pat
The loud cheer from the crowd completely turned my stomach.

Then someone in authority explained they weren’t cheerin’ for Kenseth as everyone thought, no, no. They were cheerin’ because they suddenly realized The Great Jeff Gordon was gonna inherit the lead!!!

Kenseth.....

“I’m just glad I’m still driving tomorrow,” he said. “I wasn’t sure after all the reports on the Internet all weekend. People blowing me up during my Easter vacation, so I appreciate that. Whoever didn’t have anything else to do in their basement this weekend.”

How many more years does the 2003 champion plan to race?

“Fifteen to 20,” he said with typical deadpan. “If Tom Brady can play football at 40 and still win Super Bowls, I think 45 is pretty young to try to win races.”

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/04...rumors-says-racing-in-2018-is-always-my-hope/
That's mah boy. :D

Then someone in authority explained they weren’t cheerin’ for Kenseth as everyone thought, no, no. They were cheerin’ because they suddenly realized The Great Jeff Gordon was gonna inherit the lead!!!
Yeah, sure.

Pull the other one; it's got bells tied on.

That's B.S. They cheered so loud that Matt even ackowleged the crowd with a waive.

Not a bad job filling the holes.

26 out of 36 is pretty good considering DG leaving.

I would hate to be the person responsible for obtaining sponsorships for a team as it would be a major undertaking. JGR is certainly doing a much better job than SHR

So I guess he lost his ride.

413288056.jpg

He really needs to get a good exfoliator and a chemical peel.

Keep driving like he's doing and I don't care if he looks like Manuel 'Pizza Face' Noriega.
When introduced to the sport less than a decade ago, I quickly became a fan of Kyle Busch due to his raw driving talent. The friend who introduced me to the sport did not agree with my choice (he was a Gordon fan) and remarked that he was an ugly driver looks-wise. I didn't and don't care if his face looks like Freddy Krueger as long as he can wheel a car and gives his team ample opportunities to put the car in victory lane during the season. Talent, not image, is why I watch. Sorry Danica fans.

Back
Top Bottom