JGR press conference

Sorry for the delay, been on vacation. It's to announce a new sponsor. No biggie.
Everyone on Reddit and here was so quick to label it a retirement. I don't get the fascination of pushing older drivers out, Matt has that old school feel of where he could drive into his 50's. To my knowledge he's never even hinted at a retirement or brought it up.

Silly boys, NASCAR is not dying. It is "right sizing".

I like the fact that a family can enjoy watching a race at home as an event every week (almost). You have the pre-race chores around the house, then you get the Green Flag snack/meal ready to go, then you can settle in for a light conversation, nap, or take the dogs out then get back for the end of the stage. Repeat. It is a very comfortable entertainment experience that just makes me feel great about America.

The bad part is the limited post-race coverage, so you have to go to Sirius for the post-race interviews and/or wait for Victory Lane on FS1.

I don't care if millions on millions of others are attending or watching the race. I like NASCAR because I like NASCAR. In fact, I would prefer less people who "kinda" like it, to show up and bad mouth it, as they seem to complain the loudest.

Get with the times, NASCAR is a fun experience!
It would be if Nascar stopped with a ll the gimmicks!

Everyone on Reddit and here was so quick to label it a retirement. I don't get the fascination of pushing older drivers out, Matt has that old school feel of where he could drive into his 50's. To my knowledge he's never even hinted at a retirement or brought it up.
Many folks would like to see him gone because he has crossed the line where as now he
a rich whiner. I have NO RESPECT for him at all and yet not many years ago he was a favorite.

that I would rather remember as being noble and engaged with a full productive life, instead of bitter and angry.
I'll always remember him as someone I thought was a respectable guy.. up until he used his car as a weapon days of thunder style. Now I'll just be glad when he's off the track. It's a shame all this speculation isn't fact.

Many folks would like to see him gone because he has crossed the line where as now he
a rich whiner. I have NO RESPECT for him at all and yet not many years ago he was a favorite.
It stuns me how Kenseth 'the robot', Kenseth the one who never showed emotion, how when he exploded out of his shell this one time, has in this one event wiped out all of his previous mild mannered reputation as a respected race car driver.

Sorry you feel that way.

It stuns me how Kenseth 'the robot', Kenseth the one who never showed emotion, how when he exploded out of his shell this one time, has in this one event wiped out all of his previous mild mannered reputation as a respected race car driver.

you would like that Matt K became Kyle Busch overnight....

Care for a little wager?
No, Jayski has made a career out of being 50% right. This came out of Mooresville. A family member who has worked inside the sport says the hot that Matt is ready for some kind of a change. Didn't say anything until I saw about the pc.

Paul Newman raced his last race at 83 and won that race. Matt is what 40 something? Just because your in your 40s doesn't mean your over the hill. How old was Mark Martin when he retired?

I will have to agree, used to have a lot of respect for Matt when he was coming thru the ranks with Roush, but since he has gotten to Gibbs he has changed.

8a4323db4272f67cd55327a1c32a3136.jpg

16cd59dc5012b7102c7719177d372972.jpg

7b2d262c1f668b20a5523d6e3f380e6d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom