Jimmie Johnson - SEVEN time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion

how come all of them weren't close to Truex? Without the playoffs he would have won long before the last race? Riddle time I guess
Huh? I’m being serious right now , I’m Just trying to understand .. what are you saying? I just find this interesting

I have a question I been thinking about.. if it’s so much the driver like a lot of you say.. how come Jimmie wasn’t running as good as chase at the end of season? Or would that mean it’s basically the car?
It's always been a combination of driver, car, and supporting team members. What's up for debate is how much each of those components affects each different team's success. There is no 'one size fits all' answer. The #48 just happens to have struck gold.

When Johnson was on a roll, the saying was he had a golden horseshoe stuck up his ass. That team pulled out some races to win that were hard to believe, cars crashing all over and Johnson drove thru them. So as the worm turns, it isn't that surprising to see Johnson spinning out all by himself, blowing tires when others aren't. At least to me it isn't a surprise. You need luck, good breaks whatever you want to call it along with hard work to put together a great season. Doesn't matter how good you are, if your luck is bad you are going to have a hard time winning the whole thing.

Huh? I’m being serious right now , I’m Just trying to understand .. what are you saying? I just find this interesting

Haha. Well, if you watched the last 10 seasons, it's simple. Jimmie drives the cars differently than other cup drivers, and the 48 is always setup differently. Very lose.

Jimmie drives heavy on the gas, and drives the rear of the car, the left rear side of the car. Watch a race, attend a race. You will see the 48 sideways atleast 50+ times. But the point here, is there is a small threshold for setting the car up for Jimmie. It makes his cars VERY sensitive to adjustments.

Example, 2013 at Dover. 48 struggled the first run, your boy in the 18 was dominant to start race, put the 48 about a lap down. Made ONE adjustment, and was the fastest car, and took the lead from Kyle 100 laps later, won the race on 2 tires, pulling away from the 88 with 4.They are agressive with loose setups. When they are being that aggressive, it's either fast, or messy.

So, with the Chevys, and 48 specifically lacking speed, they probably were really aggressive with loose handling setups to compensate for power, and probably tried to make it up with corner speed..given the speed discrepency, agressive setups were probably used and they never could find the right balance, thus giving him overly looserace cars, I would think.

His dominance was because when the car was that RIGHT looseness, he was just always faster and better, it didn't matter what anyone else had. Most people couldnt drive the rear of the car as effeciently and thus the cars weren't setup to carry to corner speed his did. Having elite horsepower on top of that made him unbeatable. But that looseness was always a very fine line.

That answer the question for ya

Chad is very good at getting the car dialed into that narrow window. Watch a race that's run on a green track after it has rained, or find some old races that were run on a new track for the first couple of times. The #48 often improves more quickly than most of its competitors.

I wonder how much of the #48's performance issues in '17 were due to the downforce changes. Has the car has finally evolved beyond Chad's ability to zero it in? If so, has he lost his grip temporarily or permanently?

Haha. Well, if you watched the last 10 seasons, it's simple. Jimmie drives the cars differently than other cup drivers, and the 48 is always setup differently. Very lose.

Jimmie drives heavy on the gas, and drives the rear of the car, the left rear side of the car. Watch a race, attend a race. You will see the 48 sideways atleast 50+ times. But the point here, is there is a small threshold for setting the car up for Jimmie. It makes his cars VERY sensitive to adjustments.

Example, 2013 at Dover. 48 struggled the first run, your boy in the 18 was dominant to start race, put the 48 about a lap down. Made ONE adjustment, and was the fastest car, and took the lead from Kyle 100 laps later, won the race on 2 tires, pulling away from the 88 with 4.They are agressive with loose setups. When they are being that aggressive, it's either fast, or messy.

So, with the Chevys, and 48 specifically lacking speed, they probably were really aggressive with loose handling setups to compensate for power, and probably tried to make it up with corner speed..given the speed discrepency, agressive setups were probably used and they never could find the right balance, thus giving him overly looserace cars, I would think.

His dominance was because when the car was that RIGHT looseness, he was just always faster and better, it didn't matter what anyone else had. Most people couldnt drive the rear of the car as effeciently and thus the cars weren't setup to carry to corner speed his did. Having elite horsepower on top of that made him unbeatable. But that looseness was always a very fine line.

That answer the question for ya
OMG thank you for the input I learned a lot, and also got me even hyper for the season haha can’t wait!

OMG thank you for the input I learned a lot, and also got me even hyper for the season haha can’t wait!

2013 was an example of this-what the performance looked like when the cars had the speed, and all they needed was a handling balance and race executation. That season was very similar to the 78's, the difference was that the summer months were filled with that "experimentation" Running horribly at Richmond, Bristol. Engine blowing up at both Michigan races while lapping the field, bad pit stop costing them Brickyard #5. Pit executation taking them out of wins. I recall at Indy, Brad over the radio was like "you gotta wonder if he feels bad, being that f******* much faster than everyone every week."

The 48 team is literally the New England Patriots of NASCAR. Until Brady and Bill hang it up, they will always be "contenders", even if they have a sucky season. Chad and Jimmie will always be relevant.

I think, as someone said, the cars may have evolved a bit past what the team can do with them. Plus, having a legitimate speed disadvantage put them in a box where they had to throw stuff at it. The first 12 races this season when they had speed, he was outdriving Truex, Larson, KB, Harvick until those teams took off.

We'll see what they do with new car next year. If Hendrick is what Toyota was this season, and those new cars have speed, the 48 will probably be a contender

I also think the 2 time has a similar trend and style to the 48, they just aren't as good.

But there are times when they are clicking, they are clicking. They always get more than what they have, and I think Brad is a fantastic driver

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/12/05/jimmie-johnson-changing-up-this-years-offseason-plans/
“This year I’m kind of licking my wounds in a sense. Trying to think through what we could have done better in ’17. As the month moves on start thinking of ways we could communicate better, put a better product on the track.”

“I’m optimistic about 2018 and the new Camaro,’’ Johnson said, his face lighting up in enthusiasm. “From an aerodynamic standpoint the Chevrolets have not had an update since we went to this generation of car. For us to finally have an update the car will produce more downforce, be more efficient, definitely more competitive on the downforce tracks.”

When the KDB G.O.A.T. talk comes around, I really try to think it is a joke, but some really are serious which is kinda scary. See Below

When you have won 83 races and seven Cup championships, it’s easy to feel optimistic and confident. Johnson has not only won a race in all 16 full Cup seasons, he has won multiple races every year and has top-five finishes (222) in an amazing 38 percent of all Cup races (579) he’s competed in.

FYI in comparison, KDB has 12 full years in cup with 43 wins and 1 championship. :idunno:

When the KDB G.O.A.T. talk comes around, I really try to think it is a joke, but some really are serious which is kinda scary. See Below

When you have won 83 races and seven Cup championships, it’s easy to feel optimistic and confident. Johnson has not only won a race in all 16 full Cup seasons, he has won multiple races every year and has top-five finishes (222) in an amazing 38 percent of all Cup races (579) he’s competed in.

FYI in comparison, KDB has 12 full years in cup with 43 wins and 1 championship. :idunno:
How did Kyle Busch get in this conversation??? I can tell you really do not like Kyle Busch geesh lol..

How did Kyle Busch get in this conversation??? I can tell you really do not like Kyle Busch geesh lol..
Oh hell I don't know he says to the always surprised when he gets called on his ****. :idunno:

Can’t wait to come back in this thread Sunday night after the CHAMP WINS! Lol:sarcasm:

Have nothing against him It’s just funny how people act like he some god or something .. dude is so lucky he shouldn’t even be in playoffs.. every week they going to flip switch and win haha.. he misses a wreck it can’t just be he missed the wreck but no it’s jimmie nobody else could do that but Jimmie.. It’s just getting old

Sunday is the day the god Jimmie wins.. theb after the race Sunday night we can talk about how great he ran Sunday ..

It’s very funny that y’all say the same thing week after week after week lol.. he will win there going to flip the switch it’s very funny haha

I just want it to be known .. now can we please stop saying ohh he is going to flip the switch this week .. he is a 7 time champ lol.. don’t do mean anything they been terrible !

Oh hell I don't know he says to the always surprised when he gets called on his sh!t. :idunno:
I know I said all that , but this was just a simple question .. I even been liking everybody comment I wasn’t trying to be funny and even stated that I even liked your comment when you wasn’t trying to be funny ..

Back
Top Bottom