Jimmie Johnson - SEVEN time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion

It's not Jimmie or Chad's fault this team sucks.

The organization as a whole sucks. It's just more noticeable now that the driver lineup is not producing results in and out.

Jeff and Jimmie made up the bulk of top 5s and 10s, wins and whatnot when they were there. Even when the team were struggling.

This. 2013 the whole organization was fast but JJ and Gordon have been the only contenders the last 25 years for that team.

The cars are just bad for the 48 team. Every race Jimmie is reporting he can't attack the entry like he likes to. They don't make it this year.

Next year they'll be on their game

This. 2013 the whole organization was fast but JJ and Gordon have been the only contenders the last 25 years for that team.

The cars are just bad for the 48 team. Every race Jimmie is reporting he can't attack the entry like he likes to. They don't make it this year.

Next year they'll be on their game
I agree for the most part but 2014 was a very strong year as well. Jr, JJ, and Gordon each won 4 that year and Kahne won once. 36% of the schedule won by HMS is a good year. Although they didn't have a dog in the final 4 fight, I would still consider the year a great success. Definitely more so then the last couple years even with JJ becoming 7 time.

I'm very interested to see if HMS rebounds with the improved Camaro next season.

If it's humor you're going for, don't try stand up. It's not good if you're the only one laughing at the joke...
It’s very funny that y’all say the same thing week after week after week lol.. he will win there going to flip the switch it’s very funny haha

Hey ... settle down. Don’t be sweeping all of us under his carpet.

On topic ... I normally wouldn’t bet against the 48 under any circumstances but Ryan Blaney will win on Sunday. That boy is on his way to The Cup.

It’s very funny that y’all say the same thing week after week after week lol.. he will win there going to flip the switch it’s very funny haha
Who's said anything? Literally the only people I've seen say "he's gonna flip the switch, y'all watch!" are those such as yourself trying to be funny. All I've ever said is I won't count him out until its over. I've never said, "watch that 48s gonna win Texas!" Maybe you're just reading way too far into what people are saying? :idunno:

I expect nothing less out of a KDB fan that is what he mostly attracts..something for everyone.

Yeah, I figured it had to do with him being a Kyle fan. He's only been a fan of the sport for this season, so he never got to see how much better Jimmie was than Kyle and everyone else through out his career. He never saw the setting of an unattainable standard of what it takes to be THE guy, and what you have to do to win the championship in this post 2003 era. Seeing as the 48 struggle this season has been his only live exposure to Jimmie, and that Kyle is getting pretty recognized there this year, there's probably some bitterness that even now the Jimmie is getting more respect than Kyle, in terms of what Chad and he can do with the car. Hence the need to invalidate us and Jimmie. Kyle HAS to be the best, all his fans are like that. He wonders why we treat Jimmie like a superhuman, its because he was, and won like won. And the fact is, he's gonna be the best till he retires.

27 chase wins to the next best 11. That's over 100% more than the next. He doesn't like that Jimmie has been better, and he's been around for a season. He's a clown.

Who's said anything? Literally the only people I've seen say "he's gonna flip the switch, y'all watch!" are those such as yourself trying to be funny. All I've ever said is I won't count him out until its over. I've never said, "watch that 48s gonna win Texas!" Maybe you're just reading way too far into what people are saying? :idunno:

Snowman, He took my explanation of context at Dover as me saying Kyle didn't earn the win, despite me making myself clear in 5 different posts. He then continued to put words in my mouth, so that's how it is.

That said.. I feel confident they wont find the speed. They would have by now.

The point is, if they find top 4 speed, they win more often than not because Chad and Jimmie are THAT good. Last year hammered that point home. Chad gives Jimmie the car, it doesn't matter what the 18, 78, 19, 4, or 2 has. They are getting beat

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured it had to do with him being a Kyle fan. He's only been a fan of the sport for this season, so he never got to see how much better Jimmie was than Kyle and everyone else through out his career. He never saw the setting of an unattainable standard of what it takes to be THE guy, and what you have to do to win the championship in this post 2003 era. Seeing as the 48 struggle this season has been his only live exposure to Jimmie, and that Kyle is getting pretty recognized there this year, there's probably some bitterness that even now the Jimmie is getting more respect than Kyle, in terms of what Chad and he can do with the car. Hence the need to invalidate us and Jimmie. Kyle HAS to be the best, all his fans are like that. He wonders why we treat Jimmie like a superhuman, its because he was, and won like won. And the fact is, he's gonna be the best till he retires.

27 chase wins to the next best 11. That's over 100% more than the next. He doesn't like that Jimmie has been better, and he's been around for a season. He's a clown.

Snowman, He took my explanation of context at Dover as me saying Kyle didn't earn the win, despite me making myself clear in 5 different posts. He then continued to put words in my mouth, so that's how it is.

The point is, if they find top 4 speed, they win more often than not because Chad and Jimmie are THAT good. Last year hammered that point home. Chad gives Jimmie the car, it doesn't matter what the 18, 78, 19, 4, or 2 has. They are getting beat
Lol

I can’t think of many other teams that would be mocked over 3 wins and a final-8 berth. Just goes to show the standards to which the 48 is held. This is statistically their worst season since inception, and it’s still a season that 90% of the field would have loved to have.

I can’t think of many other teams that would be mocked over 3 wins and a final-8 berth. Just goes to show the standards to which the 48 is held. This is statistically their worst season since inception, and it’s still a season that 90% of the field would have loved to have.
Kinda' strange isn't it? But..... you are right. He's had a great year compared to what most of the teams could have hoped for....... Yet...... when compared to his previous years ....... he's toast...... over the hill ..... an ole ''has been''....... I was never a Jimmie Johnson fan but over the years I have always appreciated his skill as a driver and the chemistry that he and Chad put together..... it wasn't just 1 of them... it was a team effort. I guess what has actually made me more a fan of his in the later years is after all his wins and Championships....... he has never come on as arrogant...... He's been gracious about every one...... I don't recall him being a jerk when he wrecked or got wrecked ......... I like that.....

I won’t buy that he’s done for this season until the checkers fall at Phoenix and they tell me he’s not in the Championhsip Four. I made that mistake in 2007 when I thought Gordon had it in the bag....then the last 5 races happened.

Probably some Edwards fans that remember when Tony came from last in the playoffs to beating him for the championship, stranger things have happened. The 48 horse shoe bunch isn't out of it yet.
All too well do I remember that........ I was rooting for Edwards....... but....... as bad as Tony ran all regular season...... then to come on like he did in the final 10....... and to fire Darian Grubb in the meantime...... Tony deserved the Cup... he earned it fair and square........ Carl was a gentleman .......... I think the hardest part for Carl would have been reliving the last ten races in his head....... Being they finished the season tied in points....... If he had just finished 1 lousey position ahead of where he did in any of the last 10 races..... he would have won...... If they are not going to have the season points leader win the Championship....... what they had then was much better than this farce..........

Kinda' strange isn't it? But..... you are right. He's had a great year compared to what most of the teams could have hoped for....... Yet...... when compared to his previous years ....... he's toast...... over the hill ..... an ole ''has been''....... I was never a Jimmie Johnson fan but over the years I have always appreciated his skill as a driver and the chemistry that he and Chad put together..... it wasn't just 1 of them... it was a team effort. I guess what has actually made me more a fan of his in the later years is after all his wins and Championships....... he has never come on as arrogant...... He's been gracious about every one...... I don't recall him being a jerk when he wrecked or got wrecked ......... I like that.....

Early Jimmie was pretty funny.

"Just racing with bunch of idiots out here"

"Like every form of racing he's ever been in, it's always someone else's fault".

"Just a bunch of morons who don't have their heads on right"

Early Jimmie was pretty funny.

"Just racing with bunch of idiots out here"

"Like every form of racing he's ever been in, it's always someone else's fault".

"Just a bunch of morons who don't have their heads on right"
And there was that time in Speedweeks he said Harvick should be fired after both wrecked

Am I the only Gordon fan that actually likes Jimmie?

Hate the game, not the player.

I'm right here reading his obituary like
James-Franco-Confused-Look1.gif

Reactions: Pat

I was never a Gordon or Jimmie fan....... but...... in the later years of Gordon.... I learned to appreciate him..... the same has happened with Johnson....... I was NEVER a Big E fan....... but...... I learned a lot after he died..... I learned that even though I thought I hated him for 4 hours a week.... (actually I liked him the rest of the week)...... I really didn't..... he made my Sundays..... I didn't realize how much I would miss him being there ........ Neither Jimmie or Gordon or ANY of the drivers now will have the impact that Sr. had......... I think we need to appreciate each and every one of them........

Nope, I've a fan of Gordon since he signed his Cup deal with HMS, and a Johnson fan since his first race in ASA. I never dreamed their paths would cross the way they did. Funny thing is, I underestimated both of them's potential. I thought both would probably have Terry or Bobby Labonte type careers.

I loathed him during his 5 straight Championship run (mainly because he was beating my guy JG. Stupid Chase format) cheered when Kez beat him in 2012. Became a fan well not a fan so much but appreciated him when after he lost that championship in 2012 a microphone was stuck in his face and he said something along the lines of “we can’t win it every year but we will work hard this offseason and come back in Daytona to try again.” No tantrum, no walking out just pure class. He’s grown on me ever since, and I appreciate him more every year as he’s in contention every year the dude is just dependable. I hope he gets 8, it’d be something. Now would he beat Earnhardt or Petty or Gordon in their primes? Not sure... I think the ruthlessness of mid to late 80’s Earnhardt/Wrangler/One Tough Customer would eat JJ alive. I’d pay to see a Prime Gordon/Evernham 1995-98 pairing against Chad/JJ for a full season, that’d be fun.

I just want it to be known .. now can we please stop saying ohh he is going to flip the switch this week .. he is a 7 time champ lol.. don’t do mean anything they been terrible !

You’re the only one who’s been saying that for weeks

Ignore him. He has bad tunnel vision and seems to have trouble completely processing conversation. I dont think English was his first language. He just doesn't get it

I just want it to be known .. now can we please stop saying ohh he is going to flip the switch this week .. he is a 7 time champ lol.. don’t do mean anything they been terrible !
I am venturing to guess that you are not in the public relations industry...... You don't seem to be the type to have read the book about how to make friends and influence people.....

Back
Top Bottom