Jimmie Johnson test positive for Covid-19

That's the thing. If you dare bring up any of these points, you just want old people to die. Look at the negative affects this is having on at risk kids. Kids that need one on one instruction. Kids without internet. Kids from broken homes. Latchkey kids. Women in domestic violence relationships. But per usual everything has to be black and white.

The pandemic either has to be the worst thing ever or nothing to worry about at all because that's where we are in America. Everything is political. Critical thinking left the building a long time ago.
Single mom's, how do you work when you don't have kids in school and you can't afford a daycare?..on and on. Ought to have a husband? Ya think your employer will pay you to stay at home with the kids?

Governor Stitt of Oklahoma is an anti-vaxxer.

Saw that on TV quite a while ago but realized that I needed to get off my ass and get some real data minus the drama. So I did.

Governor Stitt of Oklahoma is an anti-vaxxer. Fact.

I think that is many people's problems..they spend too much time believing what they hear on TV instead of getting off their asses and looking at more accurate data without all of the drama.

"Absolutely, and I think it is the right first step," Gov. Stitt agreed with the modified summer collegiate Texas League play in Tulsa. "Again, we've been open since June 1, so I think churches are doing the right thing and little league baseball too. Remember, when the government tries to fix something they end up breaking three other things. If you look at our schools being shut down, restaurants, unemployment going up, and the suicide rate going up you have all other things going on. Actually DHS, my DHS director, the department of human services, the reports of abuse have gone down by 40 percent. When you look at that the reason is that most of the reports come in from teachers, coaches, and restaurants, and so their are other things happening in our state and our country right now because we are trying to fix one thing."

We have an abundance of data at our disposal with media as it is. The problem is that we have an inability to interpret that data. The media and politicians are doing that for us. So, where should we get our interpretation? Well, I guess it depends on who you vote for.....or if you like NASCAR, get it there because only....what, 4 people?....have had COVID during this process.....or root for Oklahoma because everything will be okay there.....or Washington.....because apparently our State is in good shape.

Governor Stitt of Oklahoma is an anti-vaxxer.

Saw that on TV quite a while ago but realized that I needed to get off my ass and get some real data minus the drama. So I did.

Governor Stitt of Oklahoma is an anti-vaxxer. Fact.

BOOMER! SOONER!

We have an abundance of data at our disposal with media as it is. The problem is that we have an inability to interpret that data. The media and politicians are doing that for us. So, where should we get our interpretation? Well, I guess it depends on who you vote for.....or if you like NASCAR, get it there because only....what, 4 people?....have had COVID during this process.....or root for Oklahoma because everything will be okay there.....or Washington.....because apparently our State is in good shape.
I would suggest you find your state's department of health web site and bookmark it. Some states have crappy ones, like New York, but some are quite good at reporting the numbers of positives, the fatalities, the counties where the flu has the most reports, and the demographical ages of those that didn't make it.

Look at the negative affects this is having on at risk kids.

We should have been looking at the negative effects of being at risk for at risk kids before this started. This is a paramount problem to be solved, but we help nobody until we can get this under control. Sending kids back to school only to have them sent back to abusive homes if this spirals is not a good solution for COVID nor abused kids.

I would suggest you find your state's department of health web site and bookmark it. Some states have crappy ones, like New York, but some are quite good at reporting the numbers of positives, the fatalities, and the demographical ages of those.

Don't worry about me....I know where it is....the point is that this isn't just my state's problem.....

We should have been looking at the negative effects of being at risk for at risk kids before this started. This is a paramount problem to be solved, but we help nobody until we can get this under control. Sending kids back to school only to have them sent back to abusive homes if this spirals is not a good solution for COVID nor abused kids.
not true. We are creating more problems overall.

I suppose that to sum all of this up....which I understand belongs in the Podium--a place I will not go....I don't like that NASCAR is not going to New York because they are not allowed in, but heading to Florida only because they can. At some point, whether we are talking about masks or whatever, the question becomes..."Is it the right thing?" Until this society agrees on "the right thing" I suspect that COVID will have its way until it dies or we get a vaccine....but then there will be those Governor Stitts....and that will be another conversation.

You have the asymptomatic stuff which would require testing to keep the thing from circulating.

NASCAR will not test drivers and teams weekly because they don't want the results.

Overall, I do agree that NASCAR has done a good job, but their work cannot be compared to other sports that are actually trying to dig to find the virus. F1 has done a better and more courageous job IMO.

Illusion of control. Why special circumstances for sports when anyone can walk into a Walmart untested? It's all for show to not get cancelled.

NASCAR doesn't want the media running wild with constant fear mongering over their testing results.

It's not something that can be located and terminated, the virus will run it's course, if it hasn't already (regardless of what testing gets done). 10 consecutive weeks of mortality decline while we continue to test more than any other country in the world. It's teetering on the brink of losing it's pandemic status. But you won't hear that from the media, they went on covid hiatus during the protests with the next best thing, now they're back on it again ramping things up.

Common sense preventative measures make sense, with freedom of choice.

Don't worry about me....I know where it is....the point is that this isn't just my state's problem.....
I'm not worried about ya, but parroting what is on the tube without looking at other data I thought would be important.

Give me some of that data....

BTW this stuff doesn't get any airtime on the evening blues.
From the article posted above.
The state has been open with a few restrictions since June 1st.
If you look at our schools being shut down, restaurants, unemployment going up, and the suicide rate going up you have all other things going on. Actually DHS, my DHS director, the department of human services, the reports of abuse have gone down by 40 percent.

Don't forget the crippled. Neither group had much time left anyway so really, COVID isn't that big of a deal in this context.

There's an old media joke that goes like this. Headline: "World to end tomorrow, women and children hardest hit".

Illusion of control. Why special circumstances for sports when anyone can walk into a Walmart untested? It's all for show to not get cancelled.

NASCAR doesn't want the media running wild with constant fear mongering over their testing results.

It's not something that can be located and terminated, the virus will run it's course, if it hasn't already (regardless of what testing gets done). 10 consecutive weeks of mortality decline while we continue to test more than any other country in the world. It's teetering on the brink of losing it's pandemic status. But you won't hear that from the media, they went on covid hiatus during the protests with the next best thing, now they're back on it again ramping things up.

as of now it is below pandemic status..but covering their ass, the CDC says the latest death certificates haven't been processed yet..at any rate, even if it does go a bit higher, it isn't anywhere close to the hysteria the news and alot of the politicians are pumping out.

I don't like NASCAR being promoted as the leader in how to do this with big time sports when likely they haven't done much.

Freedom of choice sometimes screws with common sense.

BTW this stuff doesn't get any airtime on the evening blues.
From the article posted above.
The state has been open with a few restrictions since June 1st.
If you look at our schools being shut down, restaurants, unemployment going up, and the suicide rate going up you have all other things going on. Actually DHS, my DHS director, the department of human services, the reports of abuse have gone down by 40 percent.

Why have the reports gone down?

I'm not worried about ya, but parroting what is on the tube without looking at other data I thought would be important.

I am not really watching the tube my friend.

as of now it is below pandemic status..but covering their ass, the CDC says the latest death certificates haven't been processed yet..at any rate, even if it does go a bit higher, it isn't anywhere close to the hysteria the news and alot of the politicians are pumping out.
It was deemed a pandemic in early March.

It was deemed a pandemic in early March.
as of 7/11 it has dipped below the level of an epidemic. So while the news is jacking everything up we have this.

The United States now has so few deaths due to COVID-19 that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Friday it is approaching the threshold for dipping below the level of an epidemic.

COVID-19 and other diseases such as influenza and pneumonia fluctuates, ranging typically from 5 to 7 percent at the height of flu season. The CDC said the Wuhan flu death rate had, during the last week in June, become equal to the epidemic threshold of 5.9 percent, reaching its lowest point since the end of last year.

Reactions: Pat
There are many doubts about the viability of college football and fall college athletics in general this year. Several power conferences have already decided that ‘if’ they play at all they’ll be doing conference games already, as it gives more schedule flexibility if issues crop up and the member schools won’t have to deal with lower-budget programs which likely won’t have the same testing capabilities. Many of these non-conference games between power schools are valuable themselves so it’s not a light decision that’s been made. The final decisions ultimately will be left up to conferences and member universities themselves, not a governor.

Importantly, it’s much harder to isolate college athletes as an NHL or NBA might be able to pull off in their bubble, as most schools say they’ll have to open in person for athletics to occur as student-athletes and regular students need to be held to the same standards. They’ll be in much more regular contact with the outside world, unlike a pro athlete.

Even pro sports bubbles will require utmost compliance from everyone involved. They’re a good concept, and if executed well enough they can get through the remainder of their seasons. But I wouldn’t place any bets on college athletics occurring at least this fall.

Oneok Ballpark in Tulsa will open next week for Texas Collegiate League play with social distancing.

That is the issue and there is about another four weeks for Oklahoma State University and others to eyeball, study, and interpret the best plan for football and how Boone Pickens Stadium might look on the field and in the stands on Thursday, Sept. 3 if Oregon State is there to help the Cowboys open the 2020 college football season in this state.

Oneok Ballpark in Tulsa will open next week for Texas Collegiate League play with social distancing.

That is the issue and there is about another four weeks for Oklahoma State University and others to eyeball, study, and interpret the best plan for football and how Boone Pickens Stadium might look on the field and in the stands on Thursday, Sept. 3 if Oregon State is there to help the Cowboys open the 2020 college football season in this state.
Oregon State game got cancelled. The PAC-12 is one of the leagues that cancelled non-conference games. Big 12 hasn’t decided yet.

I don’t like it, at all, as CFB and CBB are my favorite sports right on par with racing. But it is vastly more difficult to pull off than pro sports as Mich said. So many student-athletes who will be exposed to so many others on campus. If they go through with it there could be a good opportunity eventually for the backup punter to win the starting QB job though.

Pac 12 already canceled out of conference games

Oregon State game got cancelled. The PAC-12 is one of the leagues that cancelled non-conference games. Big 12 hasn’t decided yet.

I don’t like it, at all, as CFB and CBB are my favorite sports right on par with racing. But it is vastly more difficult to pull off than pro sports as Mich said. So many student-athletes who will be exposed to so many others on campus. If they go through with it there could be a good opportunity eventually for the backup punter to win the starting QB job though.
Yep, CFB is by far my favorite sport. I love the out of conference games to start the year. I just have a feeling we are headed towards no season if the ACC, Big Ten, and PAC 12 are already saying no non conference games. A lot of these conference teams are still really far apart. The Big Ten's statement was basically if we can play it will only be conference games.

as of 7/11 it has dipped below the level of an epidemic. So while the news is jacking everything up we have this.

The United States now has so few deaths due to COVID-19 that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Friday it is approaching the threshold for dipping below the level of an epidemic.

COVID-19 and other diseases such as influenza and pneumonia fluctuates, ranging typically from 5 to 7 percent at the height of flu season. The CDC said the Wuhan flu death rate had, during the last week in June, become equal to the epidemic threshold of 5.9 percent, reaching its lowest point since the end of last year.

I quickly clicked on that thinking CDC statement.

The Wuhan flu ... could ... might ... very near. The Federalist? This is among the sources of information you value above the TV stuff consumed by those of us who have TV only / no internet?

This will be my last post in this thread for a while. Two or three weeks. I don’t want to be responsible for its being lost to others. Enjoy the races.

I quickly clicked on that thinking CDC statement.

The Wuhan flu ... could ... might ... very near. The Federalist? This is among the sources of information you value above the TV stuff consumed by those of us who have TV only / no internet?

This will be my last post in this thread for a while. Two or three weeks. I don’t want to be responsible for its being lost to others. Enjoy the races.
This was posted in #220 from the CDC. The article from the Federalist provided more information. Hopefully the post from the CDC will be genuine enough for ya

1594497268110.png

There are many doubts about the viability of college football and fall college athletics in general this year. Several power conferences have already decided that ‘if’ they play at all they’ll be doing conference games already, as it gives more schedule flexibility if issues crop up and the member schools won’t have to deal with lower-budget programs which likely won’t have the same testing capabilities. Many of these non-conference games between power schools are valuable themselves so it’s not a light decision that’s been made. The final decisions ultimately will be left up to conferences and member universities themselves, not a governor.

Importantly, it’s much harder to isolate college athletes as an NHL or NBA might be able to pull off in their bubble, as most schools say they’ll have to open in person for athletics to occur as student-athletes and regular students need to be held to the same standards. They’ll be in much more regular contact with the outside world, unlike a pro athlete.

Even pro sports bubbles will require utmost compliance from everyone involved. They’re a good concept, and if executed well enough they can get through the remainder of their seasons. But I wouldn’t place any bets on college athletics occurring at least this fall.

Agreed. Think college athletics are pretty well cooked since they've committed to fall online classes. Won't be the same without students on campus, attendance is a large deal for them. Bad news for student-housing sector. Many universities cutting some athletic programs because of this.

Seat belts work, correct? Safety goggles and gloves work when using power tools, correct? This doesn't mean they prevent all harm, and people are injured and die while using them.
People that die or are injured while using recommended PPE are on the short end of the statistical spectrum.

One thing that's funny to me is how many people just assume Jimmie was false positive. Do people realize how important an immune system is? If you take care of your body your body will take care of you. Jimmie eats right and exercises like crazy. That is going to boost your immune system. He doesn't eat donuts and play on the computer all day.
This has been driving me nuts during this whole thing. Why isn't there a massive media campaign talking about how to strengthen people's immune system. All we hear is how to avoid the virus but no talk about what you can do to strengthen your bodies ability to fight it. Having chips, pasta, soda, and cake for every meal is not conducive to a healthy immune system.
Jimmie should be held up as an example of how to prepare your body for battle with any virus or disease. Instead, all we hear is wear a mask, social distance, or stay home.

This has been driving me nuts during this whole thing. Why isn't there a massive media campaign talking about how to strengthen people's immune system. All we hear is how to avoid the virus but no talk about what you can do to strengthen your bodies ability to fight it. Having chips, pasta, soda, and cake for every meal is not conducive to a healthy immune system.
Jimmie should be held up as an example of how to prepare your body for battle with any virus or disease. Instead, all we hear is wear a mask, social distance, or stay home.
Striving to have a healthy immune system should be a health priority for many, if not all. Although the reason COVID-19 is so infectious is because the human body has zero exposure to it or similar virus cells. The reason humans with normal functioning immune systems do not get infected every time they leave the house is because they have years of being exposed to “routine” viruses and if you are exposed to a virus your immune system may already have enough antibodies to fight it off prior to showing symptoms.

In regards to COVID-19, it is 100% impossible not to become infected if the virus enters the body. The human body has no immunity to it. That is why the severity it is unpredictable from person to person.

Striving to have a healthy immune system should be a health priority for many, if not all. Although the reason COVID-19 is so infectious is because the human body has zero exposure to it or similar virus cells. The reason humans with normal functioning immune systems do not get infected every time they leave the house is because they have years of being exposed to “routine” viruses and if you are exposed to a virus your immune system may already have enough antibodies to fight it off prior to showing symptoms.

In regards to COVID-19, it is 100% impossible not to become infected if the virus enters the body. The human body has no immunity to it. That is why the severity it is unpredictable from person to person.
The severity and relationship to the state of the immune system certainly seems to have a correlation

The severity and relationship to the state of the immune system certainly seems to have a correlation
Surviving strictly from COVID-19? Sure. But consistent studies have shown that no matter the age level, the virus leaves lasting damage to the lungs and even more worrisome is the showings of blood clots in the heart, liver & kidneys after returning to baseline health.

People say “ah it’s just the flu, if I get it whatever” but I have never heard anyone say “I want to get the flu this season”.

Surviving strictly from COVID-19? Sure. But consistent studies have shown that no matter the age level, the virus leaves lasting damage to the lungs and even more worrisome is the showings of blood clots in the heart, liver & kidneys after returning to baseline health.

People say “ah it’s just the flu, if I get it whatever” but I have never heard anyone say “I want to get the flu this season”.
There's little consensus on the level of long term damage being caused.

Back
Top Bottom