Jimmy Spencer sure busted RCR.

So am I the one making a big deal out of it?

I think if Gordon won and Martin spun and there was radio communication between Martin and Lance having this same conversation, then there would be the EXACT same controversy...so I don't see what you are getting at.

I'm asking you if you'd be in here defending Gordon cause you surely are thinking every thing with RCR and them is a lie that they come up with for what happened. At least it's how I've seen it.

Now I'll admit if it was Kyle who done it then yeah I'd probably be saying something myself about it but see I'll admit when its certain drivers I might be a little more harsh or defend certain ones on somethings.

I'm asking you if you'd be in here defending Gordon cause you surely are thinking every thing with RCR and them is a lie that they come up with for what happened. At least it's how I've seen it.

Now I'll admit if it was Kyle who done it then yeah I'd probably be saying something myself about it but see I'll admit when its certain drivers I might be a little more harsh or defend certain ones on somethings.

You are making assumptions about me that is not true. Yes I am a Gordon fan, but have you seen where I have said that he was robbed or anything like that? What I said was that Harvicks pit crew got the job done and Harvick won...nothing wrong with that. I said that the spin gave Harvick a better chance at the win, and anyone watching knows that is true.

I never said RCR "lied" what I said was, what did you expect Menard and RC to say, "yeah we did it." Of course not. If you would be underhanded enough to do it, would denying it be a real problem for you?

It doesn't matter to me who the drivers are in this situation, rights right and wrongs wrong. If they did it, it is wrong...we will never know if they did or not. There were just a lot of signs that pointed to them doing it, and them denying it isn't enough for me to say "well they said they didn't so they didn't."

You are making assumptions about me that is not true. Yes I am a Gordon fan, but have you seen where I have said that he was robbed or anything like that? What I said was that Harvicks pit crew got the job done and Harvick won...nothing wrong with that. I said that the spin gave Harvick a better chance at the win, and anyone watching knows that is true.

I never said RCR "lied" what I said was, what did you expect Menard and RC to say, "yeah we did it." Of course not. If you would be underhanded enough to do it, would denying it be a real problem for you?

It doesn't matter to me who the drivers are in this situation, rights right and wrongs wrong. If they did it, it is wrong...we will never know if they did or not. There were just a lot of signs that pointed to them doing it, and them denying it isn't enough for me to say "well they said they didn't so they didn't."

Well I guess I just misread stuff my bad on that part.

Still I doubt this will have much effect on the chase outcome as Jeff could still win the championship or lose it by more then 6 points. I'm sure if Kevin wins it that it be enough where he could have got it without that win. Now if Gordon loses by say 5 or less points then I'm sure this will come up again or if Harvick wins by 2 points(as long as Gordon isn't second that is) or less it will get bought up again.

Well I guess I just misread stuff my bad on that part.

Still I doubt this will have much effect on the chase outcome as Jeff could still win the championship or lose it by more then 6 points. I'm sure if Kevin wins it that it be enough where he could have got it without that win. Now if Gordon loses by say 5 or less points then I'm sure this will come up again or if Harvick wins by 2 points(as long as Gordon isn't second that is) or less it will get bought up again.

Oh I agree! For me the whole matter has very little to do with Gordon. Heck, for all we know Harvick may have ran him back down and passed him under green. I just think if a team got away with something like this it is a shame..... but life goes on! :D

You didn't offend me. Everythings cool. I guess I'm just getting excited to get the chase underway.:)

Me too. I couldn't even fake interest in the NW race today.

Brads in and he's loose and confident. I really think if he gets a top 5 tomorrow, he'll go on another hot streak and then the sky is the limit. Nobody has better car control to stay out of or limit damage in a wreck, and he and Paul are clicking on a level I didn't expect for a year or two. The kids a force of nature. You should read the Kez article I posted a link to and see what Pop's Eury says about Kez and the huge improvements at Penske.

Me too. I couldn't even fake interest in the NW race today.

Brads in and he's loose and confident. I really think if he gets a top 5 tomorrow, he'll go on another hot streak and then the sky is the limit. Nobody has better car control to stay out of or limit damage in a wreck, and he and Paul are clicking on a level I didn't expect for a year or two. The kids a force of nature. You should read the Kez article I posted a link to and see what Pop's Eury says about Kez and the huge improvements at Penske.
I'm glad you brought that to my attention. I was going to read that earlier and then I started doing something else and then I forgot about it. Brad did an awesome job today.

I'm glad you brought that to my attention. I was going to read that earlier and then I started doing something else and then I forgot about it. Brad did an awesome job today.

Don't forget to comment. ;) The thread is sinking fast. lol

The only thing I see going on here is the media trying to make a big deal out of nothing. This stuff has gone on for years in one form or another.
I guess the media people need to put food on the table like everyone else.

The only thing I see going on here is the media trying to make a big deal out of nothing. This stuff has gone on for years in one form or another.
I guess the media people need to put food on the table like everyone else.

Which is why it's fun to talk about.

I guess one good thing came from all of this. We wont be seeing these questionable yellows during the chase.

Who is Barny fife?

barney%2Bfife.jpg

I see from that headline he's a hero. Spencer is no hero, but he sure can eat them.

I will say this. In the looks department, Spencer and Barney are in a dead heat. ;)

Brad and Rusty think it was intentional.

I can't believe I am going to agree with Rusty Wallace, but he said what I have been trying to say all along..Nascar stated that unless there is an admission, then it was not intentional. Rusty simply said "would you admit it?"

That is the point I have been trying to make since the statements by RC and Menard came out...as far as I am concerned their statements don't clear up anything...if you are the kind of person that would do it, why the heck would saying you didn't do it make a difference?

Now that I've said over and over it was intentional, I've changed my mind.

The audio can be explained a lot of ways that are open to opinion. The one thing that can't be argued is that Menard, his CC and his spotter show extreme concern about affecting the integrity of the race....until Gordon takes the lead.

From then on, Paul, his CC and spotter don't give a sheet about preserving the integrity of the race and aren't willing to do the slightest thing to let the race unfold naturally. Why do I think that?

1) Slugger's stated reason for getting Paul back out is to wreck Matt. How does driving around on a bad tire help that cause? And why does Slugger suddenly switch to "We need to finish"? Makes no sense. If your goal is to wreck Matt, call Paul down pit road and give him new tires and send him out in front of Matt.

2) If Paul want's to wreck Matt, why is he going as fast as he can? Wait up for the guy so you can wreck him.

3) Paul didn't spin in the grass, he drove through it...until he stopped. Why stop? A rookie driver in the same situation was able to keep the car going and avoid the yellow. Menard comes to a full stop, and doesn't try to get going until the yellow comes out.

NASCAR said they can't do anything about it unless someone confesses. This kind of thing has happened dozens of times in NASCAR's history. It's one of the reasons NASCAR gets called the WWE of racing. It seems NASCAR doesn't mind that description at all. If they aren't willing to decide that a car 80 laps down doesn't need to do the slightest to avoid affecting the outcome of the race, this stuff will continue. Get used to the WWE comments.

Since NASCAR isn't willing to declare an "inactions detrimental to" rule, they need to allow the other drivers to do what they need to do to make sure this kind of thing doesn't affect the chase.

I wonder what the outcome would be if he actually was only out there to wreck the #17 and succeeded?

At least the Roush boys now know what Menard's out there to do. Maybe Biffle will put him in the wall on a restart and we wont have to worry about him causing any more cautions - intentionally or not!

I wonder what the outcome would be if he actually was only out there to wreck the #17?

At least the Roush boys now know what Menard's out there to do. Maybe Biffle will put him in the wall on a restart and we wont have to worry about him causing any more cautions - intentionally or not!

That would be awesome :beerbang:

1) Slugger's stated reason for getting Paul back out is to wreck Matt. How does driving around on a bad tire help that cause? And why does Slugger suddenly switch to "We need to finish"? Makes no sense. If your goal is to wreck Matt, call Paul down pit road and give him new tires and send him out in front of Matt.

The tire wasn't wore out when he first went out, it wore out to the cords because the car was bent up and ill handling.
Slugger was saying if your going to take Kenseth out intentionaly don't "Jimmie Johnson" yourself, make sure you finish.
Waiting on Matt would be to obvious plus give Matt the chance to get into Menard's rear bumper first.

2) If Paul want's to wreck Matt, why is he going as fast as he can? Wait up for the guy so you can wreck him.
See above under reason Not to wait on another car to attempt retaliation

3) Paul didn't spin in the grass, he drove through it...until he stopped. Why stop? A rookie driver in the same situation was able to keep the car going and avoid the yellow. Menard comes to a full stop, and doesn't try to get going until the yellow comes out.
Looked like he got outta shape went into the grass and had difficulty getting going again, ever try to drive a bent up racecar with slicks on grass???

Since NASCAR isn't willing to declare an "inactions detrimental to" rule, they need to allow the other drivers to do what they need to do to make sure this kind of thing doesn't affect the chase.
"HAVE AT IT BOY'S"

I think you know that none of that blue stuff makes sense.

They never tried to hide why they put Paul back out there. Driving a 'bent' car on 'corded' and 'flat' slicks in wet grass isn't hard at all. Even Paul was able to do it perfectly..... after the yellow came out.

You guys are beating a dead horse here, get over it already!

Err, horses are very muscular. If you don't tenderize them, it ruins the meal.

When will people learn that saying 'you're beating a dead horse' is beating a dead horse? Why do people feel such a need to control what others do? Isn't coming into a chat forum and trying to control what topics people talk about a little odd?

I could go on and on, so...giddyap!

Err, horses are very muscular. If you don't tenderize them, it ruins the meal.

When will people learn that saying 'you're beating a dead horse' is beating a dead horse? Why do people feel such a need to control what others do? Isn't coming into a chat forum and trying to control what topics people talk about a little odd?

I could go on and on, so...giddyap!

Whatever dude, all I'm saying is this is getting old, there isn't much more that can be said about it. If it tickles your fancy to keep hashing over and over go for it.

Whatever dude, all I'm saying is this is getting old, there isn't much more that can be said about it. If it tickles your fancy to keep hashing over and over go for it.

Thank you. lol

If it tickles your fancy to keep stopping by and reading all about it, go for it.

Reason's to continue beating dead horses.

1. It's raining.
2. I'm kinda doubting there'll be a race today.
3. We can't get any FootBall channels.
4. It's Fun messin with Fender.
5. I find the whole conspracy theory ridiculous.
6. Paul Menard can't drive well enough to spin out on purpose.
7. It beats reading the Kyle Busch threads.
8. I'm Bored.

1. It's raining.
8. I'm Bored.

9. Nascar The Game 2011 get's boring after one season, and anyone who has it already is done.

1. It's raining.
8. I'm Bored.

Messing with people who ask to be messed with is something I also enjoy.

I'm really hoping this turns into a night race. Besides, judging by the continuing responses, this horse needs a little more tenderizing. ;)

9. Nascar The Game 2011 get's boring after one season, and anyone who has it already is done.

Very true, especially since you have to restart your career everytime:owquitit:

Very true, especially since you have to restart your career everytime:owquitit:

I miss when you can just go to another season and all the stuff from the last is still there. Heck I miss when you could get offered a real ride but you be yourself and not someone else. I'll never forget when I went from a made up car to the 24 car. Now a days it seems they just put a game out not caring much about it.

I miss when you can just go to another season and all the stuff from the last is still there. Heck I miss when you could get offered a real ride but you be yourself and not someone else. I'll never forget when I went from a made up car to the 24 car. Now a days it seems they just put a game out not caring much about it.

Of all 4 of the games I've own 2000, 2005, 2007, and 2011 2005 is still my favorite. 4 series plus street cars, no teammate stuff ect

Back
Top Bottom