Kasey Kahne

Yet their average finish difference is .8.

I dont have time to run their DNFs and bad finish stats head to head, but it looks like while Kasey has many more wins he is much more inconsistent than Jamie.
McMurray is a scrapper, he will stick it in there and go for it when he can. Tons more fun to watch IMO.

I'm glad to see Grubb back on a pitbox. He graduated from the same high school I did, a few years earlier.

yeah me too, he has had a pretty rough go of it so far. He made a name for himself when he had the opportunity and he kept it up. Cut throated at SHR and Gibbs and both times was putting top 5 cars on the track besides winning a championship. I still don't get it.

I think Byron will prove that wrong, I think he will be up in the top 10's instead of the top 20's

I really wish this happened a year ago. Nine races is difficult to really do anything with and I could guess communication during the race may be an issue. People are saying Kahne was angry on the radio for having a garbage car the entire week with no help to improve it, but I haven't heard found any radio communication so far, but I'd imagine he was extremely frustrated/angry. But..did this cause a crew chief change? ...Idk. It's been extremely obvious that they needed this change over a year ago and Hendrick left it the way it was...setup for failure. Kahne had his shot and his crew chief may have ruined it for him.

Lets hope these next 9 weeks are the best of his career :)

No excuses IMO for Kahne now, he has a cup winning crew chief on top of the box.
That's not how this works, all those cars that he will run have Roddens hands all over them, at most it will improve in race strategy

That's not how this works, all those cars that he will run have Roddens hands all over them, at most it will improve in race strategy
fraid that another excuse isn't going to work. Grubb was over the construction of the cars and recently promoted according to Pockrass. He's temporary they say. Maybe Kahne fans can go with the he is rusty excuse if he continues to run in the 20's.:D

He returned to Hendrick Motorsports last January to manage race car manufacturing as vehicle production director. This year he was promoted to director of competition systems.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-kahne-crew-chief-grubb-rodden-955142/

I wish Rodden would have stayed for Byron next year, people believe Kasey is the problem. If Ridden would have stayed we would a have a better idea who the problem was.

I wish Rodden would have stayed for Byron next year, people believe Kasey is the problem. If Ridden would have stayed we would a have a better idea who the problem was.
Does it matter? KK had lots of opportunities to show who he was after he left Dodge.
All I saw where excuses why he couldn't. I still believe KK would have benefited the most from short races.

Not to bash Kasey, but for most of his tenure at HMS he had his guy, Kenny Francis on the pit box, and performance dropped off with him too.

In not in the mood for this today so **** the haters peace out

Kahne to the #95 in 2018 confirmed, yes.

Kahne has done pretty well with small teams and while I think it might take a year or two to get the team up to speed, I think it's a good move for him. Things obviously weren't working at Hendrick, and I think the 'family' environment at Levine will suite him better. I'm looking forward to next year to see what he can do with the 95 car.

To bad McDowell loses his ride. I suspect this move was made because Mr. Rick is paying most of his salary. I doubt the team will improve there numbers by very much.

To bad McDowell loses his ride. I suspect this move was made because Mr. Rick is paying most of his salary. I doubt the team will improve there numbers by very much.
I imagine it'll be similar to when Clint was in the HScott car. Maybe a good finish here and there, but I don't see that team running up front on a consistent basis even with Kasey behind the wheel.

I imagine it'll be similar to when Clint was in the HScott car. Maybe a good finish here and there, but I don't see that team running up front on a consistent basis even with Kasey behind the wheel.

If LFR switches from RCR to Hendrick support, its a possibility.

If not, he'll be a top 15 car on a consistent basis.

reece.jpg

got 6 weeks notice at SHR and 9 weeks at Gibbs despite his successes. Might be his winning personality

The kind of winning personality that drives your former bandmates to put out a press release like this one?

Kahne to the #95 in 2018 confirmed, yes.

Oh, COME ON! That screws up my Yahoo Fantasy Roster for next season! (although I bet McDowell would've been promoted to the B-list next year after the season he's had so far)

On a more serious note, though, I still don't like this. It seemed like they were making strides with McDowell, I'm not sure Kasey's a good enough driver to actually advance their program any.

I defend the right of @Kiante to make lame numerology jokes

Last edited:
McDowell is not a good enough driver to get the team to the next level

McDowell is not a good enough driver to get the team to the next level

And Kasey is? Be honest...like I have to be about the odds of the Steelers ever beating the referees during a Patriots game...

And Kasey is? Be honest...like I have to be about the odds of the Steelers ever beating the referees during a Patriots game...
Better then McDowell and brings information from a larger team that McDowell can't

Better then McDowell and brings information from a larger team that McDowell can't

After the season McDowell's had this year, I'm not 100% sure you can say that anymore. I know it's not THAT impressive, but considering that he was hanging on by start-and-parking 20-30 races a year as recently as 2013, and that this is his first full season outside that role (if ever), I think it's something.

MAYBE Kasey brings improvement at the 1.5-mile tracks, those are certainly still a glaring weakness for Leavine with McDowell, and they've been the source of most of Kasey's greatest moments. But I doubt he does much better anywhere else. And you need to improve at all tracks if you want to pull a Furniture Row.

Back
Top Bottom