Kasey Kahne

This is what frustrates me with Kasey Kahne... he's an elite driver on talent level, one of the best in the sport in the past 20 years. But he runs so mediocre most of the time and really only gets these big victories when he absolutely needs them. I wonder how long he can keep pulling rabbits out of his hat.

I mean, it's absolute insanity. The fact that he does this every time he is on the hot seat and facing a ton of pressure says that he can do this all the time.

This is what frustrates me with Kasey Kahne... he's an elite driver on talent level, one of the best in the sport in the past 20 years. But he runs so mediocre most of the time and really only gets these big victories when he absolutely needs them. I wonder how long he can keep pulling rabbits out of his hat.

I mean, it's absolute insanity. The fact that he does this every time he is on the hot seat and facing a ton of pressure says that he can do this all the time.

It kind of sounds like he might be the Jay Cutler of Cup drivers...so much skill, but so little will to use it...

You're acting like he drove his way to the front and beat the fastest cars today. That's clearly not what happened.

It's a team effort. I don't think Kahne is the biggest issue with that 5 team. But today the dominoes fell their way, KK was finally put into a good position to succeed, and he capitalized.

You're acting like he drove his way to the front and beat the fastest cars today. That's clearly not what happened.

It's a team effort. I don't think Kahne is the biggest issue with that 5 team. But today the dominoes fell their way, KK was finally put into a good position to succeed, and he capitalized.

And he was Superman when he needed to be. This isn't the first time either. He has a way of scoring bigtime miracle wins when he desperately needs them.

Little help, after a pit stop the 5 was tight off, Rodden said they changed the attitude of the rear of the car, first time I have this on the rear of the car , what change was made. Kasey said the turn was much better after that and need some drive off.

Ah the haters don't even bother me today Brickyard 400 Champion!
Congats dude. You deserve it!
cheers.gif

I'm genuinely happy he got me 100 points on the Yahoo Fantasy Racing game.

I 100% agree with this.

As a long long time kahne fan, I still can't believe how lucky he was. Riding where he usually does this year, 15th or so and with no other option, stays out as long as he can. Comes in to pit and gets a caution on that same lap. Everyone else pits excluding newman and he sets sail. Gets a caution, hamlin totally screws up his restart (he should have gone sooner) and Kes takes the lead. I still don't agree that nascar said the restart was legal, but whatever. That final restart... though. It's been a long long time since I saw Kahne get such a good restart. He nailed it and got the win.

The defining moment was the 48, 5, and 2 three wide and only one guy spinning out leaving the 5 and 2 to battle it out. It was one of the wildest and longest races I've seen at indy. Its been over 2 years since kahnes last win at Atlanta and I was pretty close to giving up on him. This may be his last win in the 5, but I'm just happy he was able to get one more. Hopefully, they can keep up this momentum and get better finishes. With the 78, 18, and the 42 dominating, I'm not sure there's much room for anyone else, but I do know that today was Kahnes day to shine.

Rodden got lucky. He did his usual conservative pit call and pitted just at the right time. Kasey did the rest.

PS- Kasey got such a good restart that there was no way Brad was catching him had they gone the full two laps so stop whining about the OT line.

Rodden got lucky. He did his usual conservative pit call and pitted just at the right time. Kasey did the rest.

PS- Kasey got such a good restart that there was no way Brad was catching him had they gone the full two laps so stop whining about the OT line.
I saw Roddens wife on Twitter was like in the face of everyone saying to fire him each week. Its like no that was still a 15th place setup circumstances just worked out perfectly.

I don't think most are worried about the OT line. Everyone seems genuinely happy for Kasey. I know I am!

If his CC is as bad as everyone says why don't they just replace him? Didn't one come with him when he came to Hendrick?

This also applies to Jamie McMurray. At times these two drivers have mirrored the same patterns. Both are good drivers. But at the level of NASCAR cup series they have been mediocre overall. Win some big races after having loosing streaks... then start another loosing streak until the next win. Just surprised both have been doing it for as long as they have at this point. Kasey can probably ride this win last week for a few years as far as he's concerned.

^ We'd all like to see 25 elite drivers in on the grid each week, but the fact is, not that many exist. Nascar has more than its share of top guys, compared to any other racing series, anywhere. That's just the way the bell curve works.

^ We'd all like to see 25 elite drivers in on the grid each week, but the fact is, not that many exist. Nascar has more than its share of top guys, compared to any other racing series, anywhere. That's just the way the bell curve works.
I think it's more about how a driver like a Kasey kahne or Jamie McMurray can suddenly win when their job is on the line or when they seem to need to prove their worth after switching teams... but then they disappear from the win column, and each for long periods of time... just like the post I quoted, they seem to know how to get it done magically when their back is against the wall, but then when they're comfortable, they're the definition of "mediocre"

I think it's more about how a driver like a Kasey kahne or Jamie McMurray can suddenly win when their job is on the line or when they seem to need to prove their worth after switching teams... but then they disappear from the win column, and each for long periods of time... just like the post I quoted, they seem to know how to get it done magically when their back is against the wall, but then when they're comfortable, they're the definition of "mediocre"

Totally agree with this they both have done that multiple times....newman too

Weird stat I came across today playing on racing reference. Kasey has 23 career second place finishes. 35th most all time 6th among active drivers.

I think it's too little too late for him unless he somehow rides the success into the the top 8 or so. I'm guessing he'll be at GMS or the 10 car next year.

Grubb named crew chief for Kasey for remainder of 2017 season

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Grubb has more wins as a crew chief than Kasey has as a driver.

Only real reasoning I can draw from the switch is to give Grubb 9 races to shake the crewchiefing rust off before Byron hops aboard. Ready to hit the ground running in 2018.

I was wondering the same thing, Rodden probably job hunting like Kahne.

Grubb has more wins as a crew chief than Kasey has as a driver.

Only real reasoning I can draw from the switch is to give Grubb 9 races to shake the crewchiefing rust off before Byron hops aboard. Ready to hit the ground running in 2018.
Maybe. Rodden should of been gone long ago, being somewhat of a Kasey fan, never liked him as crew cheif

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom