Kasey Kahne

Either Leavine found a bunch of money somewhere or Kasey's taking a major pay cut to get a ride. I'm going with the pay cut.

The difference is that Knaus win races & championships.

Grubb won one while knowing he was getting fired, that ranks up pretty high in my book. Probably could have won another with Hamlin, except his driver was well, you know, Hamlin. You don't want him? Fine I'll take him on my pit box ANY day.

Either Leavine found a bunch of money somewhere or Kasey's taking a major pay cut to get a ride. I'm going with the pay cut.
But his 2018 salary from HMS is still in effect so he is probable making more money, unless the buy out was a lot less than if he was driving.

But his 2018 salary from HMS is still in effect so he is probable making more money, unless the buy out was a lot less than if he was driving.
I wouldn't think it was a ''buyout''....... since Kasey wasn't the one wanting out..... as I understand.... his contract was for 1 more year..... unless Kasey is a real standup guy and when Mr. H told him he wasn't needed anymore..... Kasey said..... ''You know..... I've really had a lot of fun driving for you and made a lot of friends here.... so...... just give me a small living allowance for next year and I will see what's out there.... don't put any hardship on yourself trying to pay me what the contract says I should earn thru '18....... ''............

LOL.......

I wouldn't think it was a ''buyout''....... since Kasey wasn't the one wanting out..... as I understand.... his contract was for 1 more year..... unless Kasey is a real standup guy and when Mr. H told him he wasn't needed anymore..... Kasey said..... ''You know..... I've really had a lot of fun driving for you and made a lot of friends here.... so...... just give me a small living allowance for next year and I will see what's out there.... don't put any hardship on yourself trying to pay me what the contract says I should earn thru '18....... ''............

LOL.......
His contract was for one more year, but where there performance obligations written in? Kahne lucky to be getting half from mr. H than what he's getting this yr my take anyway.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Why would Kahne sign a contract giving him less than full salary if he gets fired?

I kind of agree, McDowell has been doing a decent job for that team, and its sucks to see a local driver lose a ride.
I think McDowell is good enough to replace some of the backmarkers that have rides if luck and opportunity come his way. But there has to be an opening. He was bouncing around when he hooked up with Leavine.

I think McDowell is good enough to replace some of the backmarkers that have rides if luck and opportunity come his way. But there has to be an opening. He was bouncing around when he hooked up with Leavine.

FRM is his best bet with Cassill probably getting the boot after this season, I'd say he will jump in the 34 next year.

FRM is his best bet with Cassill probably getting the boot after this season, I'd say he will jump in the 34 next year.
*smacks forehead* There is nothing wrong with what you said, but man, he deserves better!

I said it the first time that the Camaro was unveiled...
"About time that they got a real race car on the race track!"

Yep people who dont follow him as closely as I do wouldn't realize that. They have had speed at different times but either a mechanical failure happens or bad luck. They are bringing that Bristol car to Dover so hopefully it has the same speed.
I was impressed with his pace at Bristol. You're right, they have shown glimpses of improved outright speed, but it has yet to translate into results. It's kinda like what is going with Kurt Busch. It seems like he ends up finishing lower than where he has run for much of the race many times this year.

Yep people who dont follow him as closely as I do wouldn't realize that. They have had speed at different times but either a mechanical failure happens or bad luck. They are bringing that Bristol car to Dover so hopefully it has the same speed.

I hope so for pick em reasons lol. Kasey is good guy he is due for a good run.

There isn't hardly any difference between McDowell and Kahne rankings wise so far in roughly the first third of the season. Lower 20's, high 30's. Pretty confusing, Is McDowell that good or Kahne that bad or throw the team under the bus. :idunno:.

There isn't hardly any difference between McDowell and Kahne rankings wise so far in roughly the first third of the season. Lower 20's, high 30's. Pretty confusing, Is McDowell that good or Kahne that bad or throw the team under the bus. :idunno:.

I think McDowell is a pretty good driver and just needs a chance on a slightly better team. The 34 team isn't going to tear up the charts but I think he could pop into the top 10 on occasion with that team. That would be a victory in my book.

I believe Kane has ADD. He is great in short open wheel racing but seems to mess up a lot later in Cup races. He was OK very early in his career but as time passed it seems to be the answer for me. I believe McDowell is a better driver under those conditions.

I believe Kane has ADD. He is great in short open wheel racing but seems to mess up a lot later in Cup races. He was OK very early in his career but as time passed it seems to be the answer for me. I believe McDowell is a better driver under those conditions.
Which is of course why he has won 3 Coke 600s

Kahne pulled ahead of McDowell. He had a good Dover. 17th to 22nd for McDowell. Kahne was a lap down to McDowell's 3.

Why doesn't he have a top tier ride then?
Because 3 years of getting the testing car at Hendrick, and because Hendrick wanted the 20 year old. And as we can see from their performance this year was not about him but rather declining cars.

Back
Top Bottom