Kurt Busch: No charges filed.

Not being able to prove that he is guilty ( beyond a reasonable doubt ) is very tough to do . I've been on a jury before , anyone else who has will understand.

Not being able to prove that he is guilty ( beyond a reasonable doubt ) is very tough to do . I've been on a jury before , anyone else who has will understand.
Yep.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/general/e...ed-against-suspended-nascar-driver-kurt-buscH

Not enough evidence. I see an epic slander lawsuit against NASCAR.

Zero chance he wins if it even makes it to the court. NASCAR is a private entity; it has the right to ban people at their own jurisdiction. They suspended Kurt Busch because they felt there was a reasonable chance he did abuse Driscoll, and they had every right to do so. Kurt trying to sue now would just further lessen the already minimal chance he's ever allowed back in.

Do you think Nascar will admit they jumped the gun on this one? Or will they insist they did the right thing, and make Kurt jump through the hoops for reinstatement anyway. It will also be interesting to see how Chevrolet handles this.

I don't see it. There was enough evidence of abuse for a restraining order. That's all they needed.
Different standards.. the restraining order, which imo should have been against Driscoll, was based on a preponderance of evidence, which really is just a greater than 50% likelihood that something happened. I also think they were erring on the side of caution.... that it was better to go ahead and do it.. just to cover their own butts.

Kurt's not sueing anyone .
Or will they insist they did the right thing, and make Kurt jump through the hoops for reinstatement anyway. .
yes and yes . Sounds like Kurt will soon get back to racing if Chevy agrees.

Do you think Nascar will admit they jumped the gun on this one? Or will they insist they did the right thing, and make Kurt jump through the hoops for reinstatement anyway. It will also be interesting to see how Chevrolet handles this.

Nascar has NEVER admited they were wrong regarding anything.

Different standards.. the restraining order, which imo should have been against Driscoll, was based on a preponderance of evidence, which really is just a greater than 50% likelihood that something happened. I also think they were erring on the side of caution.... that it was better to go ahead and do it.. just to cover their own butts.
I wasn't arguing Lin. I was just stating a fact. I'm still on the fence with this because no one but those two know the truth. I'm not biased against her because she had the audacity to accuse a Nascar driver of abuse. I'm not biased against him because I don't like him which I don't. My opinion is they are both squirrely as hell which has nothing to do with my opinion of the abuse case. You guy's go ahead and have at it but I'm not in it.

I wasn't arguing Lin. I was just stating a fact. I'm still on the fence with this because no one but those two know the truth. I'm not biased against her because she had the audacity to accuse a Nascar driver of abuse. I'm not biased against him because I don't like him which I don't. My opinion is they are both squirrely as hell which has nothing to do with my opinion of the abuse case. You guy's go ahead and have at it but I'm not in it.

I agree , I have no knowledge of what happened . My only gripe is folks throwing in words like 'innocent' and 'cleared' . I hope both sides can put this behind them and move on . Somehow I don't think so.

I was just responding to your question about how they could rule one way on the restraining order and another on a criminal charge. I have my own opinions and that's why I said "imo" earlier. Too many things she's said and done make absolutely no sense. Anyway... will be interesting to see what happens next. I don't have a problem with him continuing on this reinstatement procedure. One thing I do know, based on watching him through the years, is he has a pretty bad temper, as does his brother, so if anything, this process he's going through might help there.

Zero chance he wins if it even makes it to the court.

This is true, if we're talking about Kurt Busch suing and being awarded damages based on NASCAR's actions thus far.

NASCAR is a private entity; it has the right to ban people at their own jurisdiction.

This is not really true, and people need to be careful thinking that is how it works. The NFL is a private corporation, and Roger Goodell has lost case after case during the past year trying to impose his own made up on the fly versions of justice. Ray Rice won his case against them and had his indefinite suspension overturned. Adrian Peterson won his case and is eligible to play. Judges will step in when any organization, public or private, goes outside the bounds of employment law or what has been contractually agreed to.

NASCAR is in something of a stronger position with its drivers than the NFL is with its players because there is no drivers' union, there is no collectively bargained contract for drivers that establishes disciplinary standards. But they still certainly are not allowed to do whatever they want because they are privately owned.

Busch probably could win an injunction right now to have his suspension overturned. That doesn't mean it would be smart of him to do so, doesn't mean Chevy and SHR would be obliged to put him back in the car, and doesn't mean the NASCAR good old boys network wouldn't make life hell for him.

Last edited:
I agree , I have no knowledge of what happened . My only gripe is folks throwing in words like 'innocent' and 'cleared' . I hope both sides can put this behind them and move on . Somehow I don't think so.
Most of them are going on emotion instead of facts. I wanna go throw some mullet but It's storming.

Reactions: Pat
One thing that made no sense to me was that Driscoll said she did not want to charge Kurt with anything. She just wanted him to get help because she's such an altruistic person. Anyway, he is getting help, so I am very surprised that she and her lawyer are so upset at today's finding/decision.

Reactions: Pat
One thing that made no sense to me was that Driscoll said she did not want to charge Kurt with anything. She just wanted him to get help because she's such an altruistic person. Anyway, he is getting help, so I am very surprised that she and her lawyer are so upset at today's finding/decision.

That's a good point. I had not thought of that aspect of their statements.

Reactions: Lin

If no chrges were filed it sounds as though he is free and clear, if he violates the restraining order then he would be guilty of a crime

MelroseMafia is pounding his head into a wall as we type.
Nope...I know enough about the law to understand the fiscal ramifications of the D.A.'z office to NOT indict him criminally...She can still twist his NUTZ for a long time with a civil suit...The damage is done...You think Rusty Hardin works for free...Pending the outcome of the road to recovery type program he agreed to, it could cost him hundreds of thousands in lost wages till he possibly gets reinstated...I have NO remorse for what has happened recently to both Busch Bros....KARMA has it's way of evening the score at some point down the road if a person continuously acts like they both do.......I hope they both learn their lesson...

O.J. Simpson was found not guilty of murder, he walked out the door a free man and headed to the golf course

O.J. Simpson was found not guilty of murder, he walked out the door a free man and headed to the golf course
And look at the KARMA that's happened since...Johnny Cochrane is DEAD...Robert Kardashian is DEAD...Both died long before they should have...And O.J. is rotting away in a jail cell on trumped up/b.s. theft charges, that any other street thug would have only done a year or two jail time...lol...

And look at the KARMA that's happened since...Johnny Cochrane is DEAD...Robert Kardashian is DEAD...Both died long before they should have...And O.J. is rotting away in a jail cell on trumped up/b.s. theft charges, that any other street thug would have only done a year or two jail time...lol...

That stuff is irrelevant .................. Kurt hasnt been charged with any crime so how can he be punished ? Restraining orders have nothing to with criminal charges unless the order is violated

I have NO remorse for what has happened recently to both Busch Bros....KARMA has it's way of evening the score at some point down the road if a person continuously acts like they both do.......I hope they both learn their lesson...

Hard to understand anyone not having compassion for Kyle and his injury, then uttering KARMA.

I never have bought into the Karma thing. Life just has to many senseless moments. Good people often suffer for no apparent reason. Your ability to mindlessly call down the Karma without any apparent worries speaks volumes itself.

Hard to understand anyone not having compassion for Kyle and his injury, then uttering KARMA.

I never have bought into the Karma thing. Life just has to many senseless moments. Good people often suffer for no apparent reason. Your ability to mindlessly call down the Karma without any apparent worries speaks volumes itself.

Its unfortunate that I was unable to like your double post twice, I really did try though ;)

Its unfortunate that I was unable to like your double post twice, I really did try though ;)

Nice, I just hit the post thing accidentally the second time.

LOL...........Ron Hornaday.............LOL

The authorities all but immediately knew Driscoll was fraudulent. The ONLY reason Nascar suspended him was to quell the public 'hang him with no evidence' people, for their own image. Nascar's image. These people could really give two wooden nickles less about who does what so long as they remain squeaky clean. Every sports business entity, be it racing or football or basketball, has been and will be sitting people on the sidelines until they prove their innocence fore the most idiotic of things. Which in my opinion is very wrong. I think these organizations need to be either standing by the person charged, after having had them swear innocence, and contractually putting their career on the line should they be lying...or they need to be keeping their noses out of it until an official ruling from a court of law. Not the court of public opinion. The evidence in this case never amounted to more than a flay turd on the hood of a car.

I think she's a delusional, self-centered beyotch who contradicts herself in every way possible.

Back
Top Bottom