kurt Busch out at Penske

Legal counsel for Kurt Busch says: report on firing "is not accurate" and urges "promptly and responsibly check your facts for accuracy with Bud Denker of Penske Corporation."

Yeah, Jim Utter is sticking to his guns. Saying probably wont use the term "fired".

Also Jenna Fryer is acting like a butthurt little girl. Someone is jealous that she didn't break the story. I am about to boot her from Twitter #annoying*****

There will be a probably be a hearing and a mediator will be brought in to negotiate the terms of the settlement (Kurt was under contract for 2012) - but whatever it costs for Roger to move away from this flaming azzhole will be worth ten times that amount in peace of mind, fan support and sponsor loyalty!

Yeah, Jim Utter is sticking to his guns. Saying probably wont use the term "fired".

Also Jenna Fryer is acting like a butthurt little girl. Someone is jealous that she didn't break the story. I am about to boot her from Twitter #annoying*****

Yep, she sure likes playing the victim.

Kurt Busch has issued the following statement.

"Are you mother @#@%#@ sh@$@# me! You're all a bunch of mother 2%#%% monkey humpers".

Then he apologized and ran off to his therapy appointment.

Has to be a downer for the sports psychologist.

1. Kurt's attitude just got the fix, aka reality adjustment.
2. Prospects of booking Kyle for future therapy is sinking too. Hopefully he is getting the point.

No need to dig deep inside, and find the inner seeds of idiocy. Just follow the freaking rules, if the mega dollars sponsor gives you an opportunity that at least hundreds most likely thousands of talented drivers never got (some even gave their lives pursing the dream), then don't make them look like a fool.

It is not rocket science, and no degreed educate is needed, to explain matters.

Just race, thank gawd for a good clean race when's it is over. Grab a trophy queen to help pass the weekly non racing time and try not pouting.

Exactly. These Cup drivers make millions and they whine about how bad they have it when something doesn't go their way. They're exactly like the NFL players who, once they're making millions, think they shouldn't be touched.

NASCAR needs a serious change before it goes down the same road the NFL and NBA have been on this year.

If its true it opens some silly season worms for sure. Maybe Kurt just goes off and does his drag racing thing.

Man, you stay away from the computer and news for a day and all heck breaks loose. Sucks to be Busch today. Nobody to blame but himself..... again. And I think that is his downfall. This is not the first time. Some people don't change. Jack probably has a smile on his face this morning thinking..... Roger, I told you so. That boy's got problems.

I'm thinking that they are going to put David Ragan in that ride.

I think that Kurt should retire as a driver and move over to television while the iron is hot. He and Jimmy Spencer could do a show together. Mr. Excitement and Mr. Belligerent could team up for a weekly 'Boys Have @ It' segment during Speeds post-race show.

I wonder if Rusty will try to get his son in that ride? IMO, it wouldn't be much different than Hornish.

And to think when Shell Pennzoil came over one condition was they wanted Kurt in the car. :p

I wonder if Rusty will try to get his son in that ride? IMO, it wouldn't be much different than Hornish.

Oh please, that even insults Steven Wallace. He has worked hard at being worthless and useless . If you could can him as a racing product, any name apart from "worthless" would fail.

For sure Hornish is still a development project, but Steven Wallace has no equal.

He'd be my pick

I'd say Ragan is likely. Not because I think he's the best available driver - although I'm not saying he isn't - but rather that he's more marketable.

A believe Scott Speed is looking for a ride as well ;)

Oh please, that even insults Steven Wallace. He has worked hard at being worthless and useless . If you could can him as a racing product, any name apart from "worthless" would fail.

For sure Hornish is still a development project, but Steven Wallace has no equal.

True enough :)

From Kurt's girlfriend via Twitter.....

This is from Kurt's girlfriend. We'll likely know more today. RT @Patricia_AFF: There are few things worse than irresponsible journalism. @jim_utter story is inaccurate. #getyourfactsstraight

So, I wonder if the media is jumping the gun on this? I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

Penske said last year that he is committed to Hornish . I can't see him bringing in a new driver without getting rid of Hornish .You never know , a year away from Cup and a new crew could make him a different driver .Plus Roger may still be paying Kurt's salary , why pay him and Hornish and a new guy. I don't see how he can NOT give Hornish the ride.

From Kurt's girlfriend via Twitter.....
This is from Kurt's girlfriend. We'll likely know more today. RT @Patricia_AFF: There are few things worse than irresponsible journalism. @jim_utter story is inaccurate. #getyourfactsstraight

So, I wonder if the media is jumping the gun on this? I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

Sounds like she's saying there is SOME truth to the story. Maybe Kurt is out of the #22, but Penske hasn't decided his fate with the company. nascom is saying Penske racing will be deciding that today. It is interesting that Kurts attorney made a statement on a Sunday. It hints that he was involved already and it may be down to the legality of what Penske can do with him.

Kurtbuschjpg.jpg

I looks like his head was in the wrong sized vice.

I remember Kurt saying that the CoT would ruin his career. Maybe he just can't get a handle on it and his frustration has gotten the best of him.

FWIW, I think Kurt Busch is one of the best drivers on the circuit. He is a throwback to the days when drivers could vent and their every word was not picked up by media and people anxious to deep six the guy. Not that Kurt isn't deserving of the less than flattering media attention, but he is one heckuva driver.
From the owners POV, Penske had no choice and if I were him, would have let Kurt go as well. But with this admonition:

"Kurt, you've screwed yourself at every turn. You've made irresponsible comments, gestures, and moves on the track. You have an anger issue and are long overdue addressing it and making a personality change. There are two paths; one is to continue as you are and figure chances of securing another first class ride are narrowly limited, or, the other choice is to get your personal issues under control and hope someone will pick you off the manure pile. Your choice. Think it over."
Kurt is not done and if, if, he makes a personality adjustment, can be a valuable resource for another team.

As for Sam Hornish in the 22, he's not ready.
Either Stenhouse or Regan would be good alternatives, Regan being first choice.
YMMV.

FWIW, I think Kurt Busch is one of the best drivers on the circuit. He is a throwback to the days when drivers could vent and their every word was not picked up by media and people anxious to deep six the guy. Not that Kurt isn't deserving of the less than flattering media attention, but he is one heckuva driver.
From the owners POV, Penske had no choice and if I were him, would have let Kurt go as well. But with this admonition:

"Kurt, you've screwed yourself at every turn. You've made irresponsible comments, gestures, and moves on the track. You have an anger issue and are long overdue addressing it and making a personality change. There are two paths; one is to continue as you are and figure chances of securing another first class ride are narrowly limited, or, the other choice is to get your personal issues under control and hope someone will pick you off the manure pile. Your choice. Think it over."
Kurt is not done and if, if, he makes a personality adjustment, can be a valuable resource for another team.

As for Sam Hornish in the 22, he's not ready.
Either Stenhouse or Regan would be good alternatives, Regan being first choice.
YMMV.
Agreed, But I don't think Regan, can get it done. I'd go with Vickers before Regan

Being a KB fan, this sucks for me

Reutimann, he's older but has a decent record driving 2nd tier equipment, IMHO, for MWR. YMMV

Saw this elsewhere.....

I like the idea of Kurt doing a year in the NHRA ProStock ranks. Would be interesting to see how much profanity he can fit into 6.5 seconds.

Well if they do put David Ragan in the car mark my words he will be out of hit by the All-star race and Hornish will be reunited with Pennzoil. Hornish is going to blow up in NNS next year.

No matter what happens or where he ends up he's made enough to live very comfortably for the rest of his life, more than us.

I guess being a complete azzhat does have it's benefits...

Well if they do put David Ragan in the car mark my words he will be out of hit by the All-star race and Hornish will be reunited with Pennzoil. Hornish is going to blow up in NNS next year.

David could be a good driver else where you never know, Kinda like Kyle Busch did pretty good at HMS right? but for the team he was at he should have done better then he did then he goes to JGR and is easily one of the best(racing wise lol) out there now. I feel Ragan wasn't given much of a fair chance at Roush and that everyone else was placed ahead to get the better equipment just like it was with Kyle at HMS. Maybe David can go to Penske and do something we never know.

David could be a good driver else where you never know, Kinda like Kyle Busch did pretty good at HMS right? but for the team he was at he should have done better then he did then he goes to JGR and is easily one of the best(racing wise lol) out there now. I feel Ragan wasn't given much of a fair chance at Roush and that everyone else was placed ahead to get the better equipment just like it was with Kyle at HMS. Maybe David can go to Penske and do something we never know.

Please expand on "better equipment"

I also bet his sponsors didn't like him telling Trevor Bayne to "Stay in the closet" the other day.

Please expand on "better equipment"

You know good and well Carl is gonna get better equipment then David and so is Matt and so would Greg

I feel the order of who got the best down to the worst they had is this

Carl
Matt
Greg
David

I feel he got what ever was left over and it wasn't the best that Roush had to offer so he couldn't perform even if he was at a top team. That's just my opinion and I could be wrong so I hope David does get the 22 ride and hopefully can perform better.

You know good and well Carl is gonna get better equipment then David and so is Matt and so would Greg

I feel the order of who got the best down to the worst they had is this

Carl
Matt
Greg
David

I feel he got what ever was left over and it wasn't the best that Roush had to offer so he couldn't perform even if he was at a top team. That's just my opinion and I could be wrong so I hope David does get the 22 ride and hopefully can perform better.

How do you rate the Hendrick equipment?

Back
Top Bottom