Kyle Busch the early favorite to win 2018 MENCS Championship

Once it is established that your a car to beat, the other drivers will race you much harder and the spotters will also. Chase may find it more difficult in the future.

That door swings both ways. Now that Chase has sent the message that if you screw with him, he'll run you into the fence, some of the drivers may think twice before they try to rough him up. I personally think the experience Chase got in those last 10 races will serve him VERY well going forward. One thing's for sure, every time he met adversity in the playoffs, he responded with a strong finish. He COULD have folded up after the Chicago penalty, after the tough loss at Dover, after getting taken out at Martinsville, or after narrowly missing out on a win at Phoenix that would have sent him to the finals, but he never wilted.

Once it is established that your a car to beat, the other drivers will race you much harder and the spotters will also. Chase may find it more difficult in the future.
Ooooh so the others were pulling over for him the last 10 races when they knew he was one of the 16...12...8 playoff drivers left? I've heard it all now! lol

One thing about it. Chase shut up the "Chase isn't aggressive enough" yapping. I would like to think father Bill had something to do with that. Next year it will be the win less crowd. Coming up? Nascar golden boy or Nascar jesus take you pick either or. :idunno:

One thing about it. Chase shut up the "Chase isn't aggressive enough" yapping. I would like to think father Bill had something to do with that. Next year it will be the win less crowd. Coming up? Nascar golden boy or Nascar jesus take you pick either or. :idunno:

The MPD will be open between Chase, Alex Bowman, and/or Bubba Wallace. Either of those three are going to be the MPD, I could put money on it.

All Chase has to do is win a couple of races to make people be quiet. He's already proven he's poised and does not fold very easily under pressure, just like Larson once he wins, it just gets easier once the deal is sealed.

You kiddin? I like the heck out of Bowman, country boy, but no way he or Bubba will come even close to MPD. Yeah Chase could screw it up, but I don't think it is in his DNA. He did exactly what he needed to do with his handling of the Hamlin deal. Fans aren't dumb even Hamlin's two or three knew what needed to be done. Not doing it and letting it go would have been a huge mistake. It isn't all about driving, driver has to do what needs to be done. Elliott wasn't a twitter yapper about it, or whined to the press, he executed when the time was right. Hamlin one rail..corner pocket.

The MPD will be open between Chase, Alex Bowman, and/or Bubba Wallace. Either of those three are going to be the MPD, I could put money on it. ...
Bowman? Wallace? MPD?

Your post may be the only time those three phrases are featured in the same sentence. I have no objections to Alex or Bubba winning the popularity contest, but get real.

You left Blaney out. That guy with his pod casts draws in over a million followers. These guys are all big in the racing world. It's good to see. Schools out with Bowman, he a hard racer but he doesn't seem as outgoing as all of the rest of them are so far anyway.

You left Blaney out. That guy with his pod casts draws in over a million followers. These guys are all big in the racing world. It's good to see. Schools out with Bowman, he a hard racer but he doesn't seem as outgoing as all of the rest of them are so far anyway.
Blaney doesn't need to be MPD. He's going to be the 2018 champ, remember? :D

The MPD will be open between Chase, Alex Bowman, and/or Bubba Wallace. Either of those three are going to be the MPD, I could put money on it.

All Chase has to do is win a couple of races to make people be quiet. He's already proven he's poised and does not fold very easily under pressure, just like Larson once he wins, it just gets easier once the deal is sealed.
Add Blaney to that list. It was a pleasant surprise to see him be the #2 pick this year, second only to you know who! ;)

Add Blaney to that list. It was a pleasant surprise to see him be the #2 pick this year, second only to you know who! ;)
If it was the list at NASCAR.com, the rest of the Top 10 was listed alphabetically, which made it look like Blaney was the first runner-up. I don't think the order of the rest of the Top 10 was revealed, but I could be wrong.

If it was the list at NASCAR.com, the rest of the Top 10 was listed alphabetically, which made it look like Blaney was the first runner-up. I don't think the order of the rest of the Top 10 was revealed, but I could be wrong.

I was reading this at NBC Sports. They said Blaney was the #2 pick.

Last edited:
You kiddin? I like the heck out of Bowman, country boy, but no way he or Bubba will come even close to MPD. Yeah Chase could screw it up, but I don't think it is in his DNA. He did exactly what he needed to do with his handling of the Hamlin deal. Fans aren't dumb even Hamlin's two or three knew what needed to be done. Not doing it and letting it go would have been a huge mistake. It isn't all about driving, driver has to do what needs to be done. Elliott wasn't a twitter yapper about it, or whined to the press, he executed when the time was right. Hamlin one rail..corner pocket.

Love Chase much? Wow. Better get that "24" tat rubbed off, or people will get confused.

No it's not open. When it comes to the percentage of the fanbase, Chase Elliott is probably the most popular driver in the history of his sport. He inherited his dad's fans, Gordon's fans and much of Earnhardt Jr's fans.

No it's not open. When it comes to the percentage of the fanbase, Chase Elliott is probably the most popular driver in the history of his sport. He inherited his dad's fans, Gordon's fans and much of Earnhardt Jr's fans.
Yep, I've never seen a driver with a more ready-made fan base. He'll be the MPD for the next 20 years.

His brand has been managed perfectly. Remember when he was the pouty Chase? Mister Hard On Himself Chase? Now, we have Ain't Gonna Take It Badass Chase. Waving Arms At The Crowd Chase. We will always have Bill's Kid Chase as the foundation. Popular as hell, and still 0 for. Really fabulous.

His brand has been managed perfectly. Remember when he was the pouty Chase? Mister Hard On Himself Chase? Now, we have Ain't Gonna Take It Badass Chase. Waving Arms At The Crowd Chase. We will always have Bill's Kid Chase as the foundation. Popular as hell, and still 0 for. Really fabulous.
new+green+with+envy.jpg

What about "moma sez stay away from tungsten" chase ?

At least he ain't I'm stupid Chase it's already taken

1677257476001_5357011315001_5357000738001-vs.jpg

Doesn't qualify for Winner Chase. I think he is too hard on himself. Can't wait for the next episode of Chasing Victory.

Last edited:
Which Chase is this?

Ooooh so the others were pulling over for him the last 10 races when they knew he was one of the 16...12...8 playoff drivers left? I've heard it all now! lol
What goes on in the chase isn't quite the same as season racing. Ask Larson how he would have raced had it not been the final race.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins Most Popular Driver Award for record 15th consecutive year

Completing the top 10 in this year’s voting were (listed alphabetically): Ryan Blaney, Kyle Busch, Chase Elliott, Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Larson, Danica Patrick and Martin Truex Jr.

From NBC sports.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/11...river-award-for-record-15th-consecutive-year/
Oh, ok man.
This is what had me confused:
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/12...-earnhardt-jr-as-nascars-most-popular-driver/
Notice that they use the phrase "No. 2 selection". That's what had me thinking he was second.

Back
Top Bottom