Kyle Busch to continue racing in NXS even after he scores 100 wins

I'm fine with it. Larson regularly beats up on local sprint car guys in the non-WoO races

I don’t need any help.
You claim Kyle shows up with his “super team,” implying the other teams, Penske, JRM, etc are running junk.
You're right, "superteam" implied his equipment and crew was superior to EVERY team, not just most running in the division. That was my exaggeration. But add a Cup Champion that REGULARY went down to snipe wins from the Xfinity guys with mostly JGR backing, that 100 wins kinda loses it's luster. 100 wins for a Xfinity regular would be really impressive. Not so much for someone that got a lot of them AFTER his first Cup title and still in his prime.

It just feels kinda pitiful.....like a child starved for affirmation.

You're right, "superteam" implied his equipment and crew was superior to EVERY team, not just most running in the division. That was my exaggeration. But add a Cup Champion that REGULARY went down to snipe wins from the Xfinity guys with mostly JGR backing, that 100 wins kinda loses it's luster. 100 wins for a Xfinity regular would be really impressive. Not so much for someone that got a lot of them AFTER his first Cup title and still in his prime.

I think he moved to Xfinity because he was getting beat by Nemechek

You can always not watch and then you won’t be so upset about it.

Almost without exception, all three NASCAR series run on the same tires at shared venues.

All the rest of the bs aside, that for me is sufficient reason to discontinue the practice of double / triple dipping. It's a tire test and a Cup driver's entire 3 or 4 car team benefits from it.

Almost without exception, all three NASCAR series run on the same tires at shared venues.

All the rest of the bs aside, that for me is sufficient reason to discontinue the practice of double / triple dipping. It's a tire test and a Cup driver's entire 3 or 4 car team benefits from it.
You're overlooking the extra practice the pit crew gets.

New rule. Drivers still have to declare which series they're running for points, but they can drive in other series for as many races as they want to ...
... but only as replacements for the drivers who started the car. All standard 'replacement driver' rules apply, including the points earned going to the driver who started the race.

I understand where you are coming from, but I have to also add 16 years of coming to most of the tracks sometimes three times a weekend is a huge advantage. I think Nascar has pinched the numbers down to 5 Trucks and 7 Xfinity about as far as they can without probably getting in legal trouble or popularity problems or twisting up one of the OEM's that is pushing this whole thing.. Some buy into the 200 win B.S. I'm pretty sure when KDB gets inducted to the Hall, they will combine all of the "wins" no matter what series he was pork chopping in :idunno:

There is no legal risk for NASCAR. If they can arbitrarily limit a driver who meets certain criteria to five or seven events, they can arbitrarily limit the same criteria to zero. Being a Cup driver is not a protected class, there is no discrimination lawsuit to file.

Several professional racing series do not allow competitors in the top division to compete in lower developmental classes.

It's their choice. NASCAR has tightened the restrictions to the degree they want to, and can issue more limitations any time they choose to. If the drivers had a union like the team owners kinda do, that would change the equation somewhat. They don't.

There is no legal risk for NASCAR. If they can arbitrarily limit a driver who meets certain criteria to five or seven events, they can arbitrarily limit the same criteria to zero. Being a Cup driver is not a protected class, there is no discrimination lawsuit to file.

Several professional racing series do not allow competitors in the top division to compete in lower developmental classes.

It's their choice. NASCAR has tightened the restrictions to the degree they want to, and can issue more limitations any time they choose to. If the drivers had a union like the team owners kinda do, that would change the equation somewhat. They don't.
Well, that is your opinion. Not saying it would be first choice, the legal part of my statement, but it's in the realm of possibility. There are a lot of starving lawyers out there. I think the third part of my statement with limiting competiors to run in the lower classes might not sit well with either OEM's, Sponsors or Team Owners or et. all.

Well, that is your opinion. Not saying it would be first choice, the legal part of my statement, but it's in the realm of possibility. There are a lot of starving lawyers out there. I think the third part of my statement with limiting competiors to run in the lower classes might not sit well with either OEM's, Sponsors or Team Owners or et. all.

You're right that it is conceivable from a legal standpoint, but exceedingly unlikely. I agree that it has more to do with being pragmatic and not jeopardizing relationships with those other partners.

You can always not watch and then you won’t be so upset about it.
That's the thing, I want to record and watch that class. But Cup Champs coming down and beating up on them then celebrating like they just won a Cup race or reached that milestone in their class is kinda pathetic. But I'll still watch.

just thinking
Create a NASCAR series and a NASCAR Elite series
teams start racing in NASCAR series
cannot advance to Elite series till you win
once in Elite series your team gets 3-5 years to win and you have to maintain winning,
3-5 years of no wins you get sent down and cannot come back to Elite series till they win in lower level

for this to work both series would have to use same car package
and there is no racing backwards

I'm not a Kyle Busch fan but who cares? The series is watered down imo without cup drivers in it giving those xfinity regulars a taste of some real competition.

just thinking
Create a NASCAR series and a NASCAR Elite series
teams start racing in NASCAR series
cannot advance to Elite series till you win
once in Elite series your team gets 3-5 years to win and you have to maintain winning,
3-5 years of no wins you get sent down and cannot come back to Elite series till they win in lower level

for this to work both series would have to use same car package
and there is no racing backwards
The problem with this approach is it assumes non-Elite teams can put together the funding to move up to the next level.

It also assumes they’re interested.

That's the thing, I want to record and watch that class. But Cup Champs coming down and beating up on them then celebrating like they just won a Cup race or reached that milestone in their class is kinda pathetic. But I'll still watch.
I don’t mind Cup drivers racing in Trucks or Xfin 🤷🏻‍♂️

Martin didn’t compete in nearly as many races or with nearly as strong equipment.
You’re correct. He ran fewer races.

He ran them in front-running Roush cars. As strong as there was at that time.

The problem with this approach is it assumes non-Elite teams can put together the funding to move up to the next level.

while the cupper is taking away prize money and probably losing money doing so...ever wonder why all of the better cup teams aren't running cup drivers in races to the max in trucks or Xfinity. Scared of KDB? psfft.

The current cup series would become the Elite series
Xfinity would be the step down
The catch is both series need to run same car package
And it’s not just the driver that goes back it’s the whole team

Say it aint so?

Mark would've had 50 if it wasn't for pitting before the checkers @ Bristol in '94.

I agree with @StandOnIt. Most of the xFinity drivers in top equipment are young, up & coming prospects. You can't compare them to Kyle Busch, two time champ in the cup series - huge difference there.

Five races and no playoff or Dash events really isn’t that bad.
I’ve said for years that Cup guys in Xfinity isnt a bad deal. Just don’t let them race with their Cup affiliated teams. If they want to run in a lower series, make it a challenge while helping a lower funded team. Go sit in the seat of a halfway funded Xfinity or Truck team and compete.

It makes a show and keeps them honest.

It’s a learning series. You’re never going to learn anything racing guys that are just as fast as you.
please continue with the brainwashing from the press, it's a good joke. I don't believe I have ever heard a driver say just what they have learned by pork chop running in the lower series.

Did people complain bitterly about Mark Martin's double dipping?

Legit question.
Well, I was young then so I wouldn't know.

I do however know, that I didn't even like the fact my favorite driver ran the last Truck race, and even was glad he didn't take a win away from a Truck Driver. So, I can't speak for what was said back in the day. But I surely don't like it now, no matter who's doing it.

please continue with the brainwashing from the press, it's a good joke. I don't believe I have ever heard a driver say just what they have learned by pork chop running in the lower series.
Maybe you never raced anything.
When I raced bikes I used to run the pro class in non-sanctioned races at Saddleback so that I could learn from the pros. It helped a lot and allowed me to turn pro quicker that I would have otherwise.

It’s a learning series. You’re never going to learn anything racing guys that are just as fast as you.
I remember an interview someone did with Alex Bowman once back when he was in the B-series and he was thanking Kyle Bush for all of the help and advise he had given Alex that had helped him become a better driver. One of the things he emphasized was the way he would learn things from following Kyles lines and that just having Kyle in the race pushed him to try a little harder. I realize we have some pretty smart arm chair experts on this forum but I'm going to put just a little more value on what I hear from someone that has actually been there and done that versus someone that has not.

Back
Top Bottom