Kyle Busch vs Jimmie Johnson through age 33 stats

I too agree with this. But staying on topic,
Do you really think if it came down to Kyle vs Jimmie (in his prime, mid 30s), Kyle really beats him, strait up for a championship at Homestead?
Way too many variables to make a judgement there. In equal cars, I'd put my money on Kyle.
I understand statistics aren't your strong point.
Statistics don't tell the entire story. Again, so many variables.
Of course I don't have a seething hatred for Kyle Busch.
StandOnIt has a serious case of Busch Derangement Syndrome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way too many variables to make a judgement there. In equal cars, I'd put my money on Kyle.

Kyle had a superior car in 2016. One variable being mentality. Remember his freakout at Martinsville 2016, "Are you kidding me, are we really letting the 48 win this race?" Then post race at Phoenix? Jimmie got in Kyle's head. He didnt want Jimmie to be there because he knew his history, and we all knew who was winning the title that year after Martinsville. Kyle couldnt beat a 40 year old JJ with a better car. He has that Tom Brad psychological advantage on the field when that team is ON. I'd bet on Jimmie personally but we can agree to disagree.

All of these stats are great ........ but the cup series is not the only series in Nascar. Johnson won 1 Xfinity race and probably zero truck races. Johnson has probably watched Kyle win 150 races on the tv in his motorhome

thats nice

Kyle's gonna get 201+ wins...
If you want to believe all wins count and can be added together, the target to shoot for is Dick Trickle, with over 1,200 wins. Steve Kinser had 577 wins, counting only his top series elite level races. Richie Evans had more than 480 wins. Fred Rahmer 420. Jerry Cook 342.

All of these - and many more I could name - are above the 200 mark. The reason Petty's 200 wins is a revered achievement is that they all are Cup wins, and Cup wins are more special than most.

TL;DR: Your "KDB New Math" is as bogus as the rest of your revisionist history sh!t.

If you want to believe all wins count and can be added together, the target to shoot for is Dick Trickle, with over 1,200 wins. Steve Kinser had 577 wins, counting only his top series elite level races. Richie Evans had more than 480 wins. Fred Rahmer 420. Jerry Cook 342.

All of these - and many more I could name - are above the 200 mark. The reason Petty's 200 wins is a revered achievement is that they all are Cup wins, and Cup wins are more special than most.

TL;DR: Your "KDB New Math" is as bogus as the rest of your revisionist history sh!t

I have 687 wins in the “onramp-by-my-house-that-turns-from-two-lanes-to-one-lane” derby. Suck on that kybu

TL;DR: Your "KDB New Math" is as bogus as the rest of your revisionist history sh!t.

If you want to go there, let's start counting up Kyle's Super Late Model wins. And other drivers' as well.

This is NASCAR and his wins in XFINITY and Trucks count, whether you like it or not.

Carl didn't count his Xfinity and Truck wins.

Neither is Kyle, but they are still on record.

So why doesn't Carl's 70 wins place him among the top 50 drivers?

Its only when it fits a narrative?

I enjoy discussing racing with you guys, but this topic is silly and isnt worth the justification attempts anymore.

I’m not a Kyle Busch fan

Tbh I love to hate him.

But he is one of, if not the best drivers in nascar right now. He will go down in history as one of the best ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither is Kyle, but they are still on record.

So why doesn't Carl's 70 wins place him among the top 50 drivers?

Its only when it fits a narrative?

Its been 20 years since NASCAR made an "official" top 50 drivers list.

I wonder how it would look now? Would everyone be down to make a "top 50" list for the forum?

I was a Biffle advocate as well, I counted his wins together, but lets say if I mixed his wins, I would do the same for a different driver I would compare him to.

I like Kyle, but I think you have to put way more weight on Cup wins than on Xfinity and Truck wins. In a Cup race you have to beat 36-39 other Cup drivers, whereas in Xfinity you might have to beat 6 or 7 Cup guys, even less than that in trucks. There's a reason Kyle has 91 wins in 340 Xfinity starts vs. 45 wins in 470 Cup starts. Not a knock on Kyle's talent, it just goes to show the Cup wins are so much harder to come by.

Busch is a HOFer but not as good as Jimmie. I do believe though that Larson has a shot to get into that all time level seeing as how he is 8 years younger

Exactly my point. Only Kyle and his fans care that he's good enough to beat up on guys like Timothy Peters and Blake Koch

Johnson tried 91 times in the Xfinity series.......... won 1 race :laugh: apparently the little kids can handle themselves pretty well

How many Xfinity races has Jimmie Johnson entered in the past 15 years? How many with an HMS car?

Who cares ? I have seen him race Xfinity at PIR ...... he isn't suitable to drive those cars, I have no clue how he actually managed to win a race.

Who cares ? I have seen him race Xfinity at PIR ...... he isn't suitable to drive those cars, I have no clue how he actually managed to win a race.
16HMSTD1nk10684_207766.jpg

Again, you have proven my point....nobody cares what the elite Cup drivers do in the minor leagues. If you take one of the best Cup drivers and stick him in the best Xfinity car, what do you expect to happen?

For the record, in 2005, JJ and Kyle both drove the same 5 car in the Busch Series for HMS. JJ's average finish was 19.6 in 8 races, Kyle's was 24.9 in 14 races. Not that it matters, but that's the best apples to apples comparison you'll have as far as the "minor leagues" are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom