Kyle Busch

A few things.

First: Andy, you've gone from hate to worship to hate. Make up yer friggin mind already!

Kyle has 21 wins in 232 starts in Cup. Kevin has 16 wins in 368 starts. And y'all are saying Busch can only win in the minor league? Interesting, considering Harvick actually has 37 wins down there. :rolleyes:

So why is it that driving away from someone who wants to be Mr Badass and potentially fight you is a bad thing? Leaving the helmet on and driving away is the smartest thing to do, IMO.

Harvick didn't get out of his car until he had one of his crew in the area. This makes him tough? Maybe he should have immediately shut off his car and got out without the big dude to back him up.

Nobody had to "jump out of the way." Although doing that on pit road wasnt the safest thing to do, no one was endangered. And why the hell didn't harvick leave it in gear?:confused:

Personally, I think this could be, finally, a good feud. I hope NASCAR doesn't completely clip it's wings. Two top drivers with a running feud would be nothing but good.

In the end, yes KB blatantly dumped KH. But now half the people in this thread are acting as though Harvick is a saint that has never done anything wrong.

I don't know about the rest of you, but finally there is some excitement in the season that so far hasn't really been all that exciting. I think this is the best thing for the sport, all sports need rivalries.

I don't know about the rest of you, but finally there is some excitement in the season that so far hasn't really been all that exciting. I think this is the best thing for the sport, all sports need rivalries.

I watch racing to see talented drivers battle it out on the track in their machines, if I wanted drama and poor sportsmanship, I'd watch 'Wrasslin.

I watch racing to see talented drivers battle it out on the track in their machines, if I wanted drama and poor sportsmanship, I'd watch 'Wrasslin.

Oh puleaaase. Do you think NASCAR would be where it is today without that magic moment in Daytona's turn 3 in 1979?

Oh puleaaase. Do you think NASCAR would be where it is today without that magic moment in Daytona's turn 3 in 1979?

I wasn't born till 1984, so.....that race has very little meaning to me TBH. :p

Then you need to go out to your local track, where this sort of thing never happens:sarcasm:
Kind of like last night at Waterford Speedbowl in Connecticut
spanka.gif

I'm wondering how much of a points penalty will be handed out with this new points system. 25,50 maybe even 100 ?

I'm wondering how much of a points penalty will be handed out with this new points system. 25,50 maybe even 100 ?
i can't see anyone getting over 10 with the new points system. it would kill you. i'd say most prevalent 2-5. besides, have it boys sorta conflicts with driver confrontation penalties dontcha think?

Something needs to be done with Kyle for what he did on pit road by pushing Kevin's car. Someone could of got hurt or worse.

What happens on the track is one thing, pushing a car without a driver ON PIT ROAD is another.
shrub is a complete azz, a punk. Whatever penalty na$car gives out shrubs should be much more severe than harvicks.

What happens on the track is one thing, pushing a car without a driver ON PIT ROAD is another.
shrub is a complete azz, a punk. Whatever penalty na$car gives out shrubs should be much more severe than harvicks.

:beerbang:

Yach cause technically all harvick did was stop in front of him a few times climb out and get in a shot on kyles helmet. Kyle on the other hand one turns him in front of on coming traffic at full speed on purpose, and then rams an empty car on pitroad.

Yea the difference between this and last week is what went on on pit road.

Kyle looked like the douche. But being a fan of Kyle, I'd expect you to see things differently.

Of course it appears many of you like Kyle because he's an ass.

If any other driver did that I would still think it was funny as ****. The only reason you people didn't like it was because it was Kyle. If your favorite driver does it its great, if Kyle does it then everyone calls for him to be strung up. Bunch of hypocrites, especially you Andy. I know I'm going to get a bunch of replies along the lines of "No I wouldn't it was dangerous no matter who does it." I'll save you the trouble and just go ahead and get it out of the way, BULL****.

Prediction: NA__AR will huff and puff, and on Wednesday afternoon righteously announce that both drivers have been mightily chastised and will suffer...? $50K fines, driver and owner point penalties (not enough points to put their being in the top ten after Richmond in any remote type of jeopardy - Since they reset the points for the playoffs, what real purpose is a minor point penalty for the playoff drivers anyway?) and placed on double secret probation for the rest of the season. They might even have to endure "X" number of hours of anger management and/or sensitivity training (which would probably prove to be the most painful of any penalty).

Maybe Kyle will get his testacles back out of Sam's purse and race like a man next week.Instead of hiding behind that steering wheel.

Maybe Kyle will get his testacles back out of Sam's purse and race like a man next week.Instead of hiding behind that steering wheel.

I think Harvick will be looking for a little payback next week, maybe dump Kyle the way Kyle dumped him.

I think Harvick will be looking for a little payback next week, maybe dump Kyle the way Kyle dumped him.

Turn 3-4 would be nice if they both wreck and fight in front of my seats:D:beerbang:

Regardless of your view, you have to admit this controversy, and the one last week, brings a lot more buzz and excitement to the races, will most likely bring more TV viewers, and possibly even ticket sales.

Regardless of your view, you have to admit this controversy, and the one last week, brings a lot more buzz and excitement to the races, will most likely bring more TV viewers, and possibly even ticket sales.

True though I personally feel bad for Regan Smith this seems to be overshadowing him a bit.

Well, they didn't fine or penalize Jeff Gordon last year at Texas when he physically assaulted Jeff Burton, which BTW is a misdemeanor, so I do not see NASCAR fining or penalizing Kyle or Kevin.
Kevin shouldn't have gotten out of his (left-in-neutral) car on pit road in an attempt to physically assault Kyle Busch.

How was he hiding, he was being smart. You people that think Kyle was a coward for staying in the car while Harvick was already out obviously have never been in a fight before. If a guy is already at you car door or almost to your car, your already at a disadvantage unless your armed. So Kyle is a coward because he didn't want to get smacked in the head 9 or 10 times before he got out of the car? And don't say he should have gotten out when Harvick did because Kyle was not the one looking for a fight, he already did what he wanted to do by booting Harvick.

Well, they didn't fine or penalize Jeff Gordon last year at Texas when he physically assaulted Jeff Burton, which BTW is a misdemeanor, so I do not see NASCAR fining or penalizing Kyle or Kevin.
Kevin shouldn't have gotten out of his (left-in-neutral) car on pit road in an attempt to physically assault Kyle Busch.

Yup!

I actually see a pair of penalties come Tuesday, but Busch's will probably be higher because he hit the car on pit road. Eiher way, it was still fun to see:beerbang:

If any other driver did that I would still think it was funny as ****. The only reason you people didn't like it was because it was Kyle. If your favorite driver does it its great, if Kyle does it then everyone calls for him to be strung up. Bunch of hypocrites, especially you Andy. I know I'm going to get a bunch of replies along the lines of "No I wouldn't it was dangerous no matter who does it." I'll save you the trouble and just go ahead and get it out of the way, BULL****.

this :beerbang::beerbang:

Harvick didn't get out of his car until he had one of his crew in the area. This makes him tough? Maybe he should have immediately shut off his car and got out without the big dude to back him up.

That wasn't some big dude that was Havick's wife in a big dude suit.

Yeah, Kyles got it coming. I'd like to see him get hurt bad, watch him roll around on the track grimacing like Elliot Sadler did at Pocono last year. Thats what he needs, and what I need to see......:beerbang:
MoMike

I have not read every single post in this thread..so if some one has already brought this up I apologize...BUT...

Who exaclty has Kevin Harvick ever actually beat up?!? I mean everyone talks about what a hot head he is and how he was trying to get Kyle...but really, in all these "fights" he has been in in NASCAR has any of them actually involved punches??! I saw him climb over cars, I have saw him shout and shove..but never actually throw down...I think Kyle should have gotten out of the car...Harvick would have probably gotten back in his...

I am not defending Kyle here...I mean he should NOT have hit the car on pit road.....that is dangerous AND really REALLY stupid...but I would not be so sure to write off and say that Harvick would have "whipped" him.

Another thing in this...I do not think TV showed what happened between these two entirely...I was not there, but watching on TV about a lap before all this broke loose I told my wife that it looked like there were two guys back there knocking each other around...I couldn't tell who it was but it was in the same area so I am assuming that it could have been Harvick/Busch...if that is the case I wonder if Kyle was just being Kyle...or if it was more retaliation from something Harvick did...

Yeah, Kyles got it coming. I'd like to see him get hurt bad, watch him roll around on the track grimacing like Elliot Sadler did at Pocono last year. Thats what he needs, and what I need to see......:beerbang:
MoMike

Wow, that's nice...wishing injury on another human being.

Back
Top Bottom