Kyle Larson Appreciation Thread

Because he is grasping at straws lol.
Oh yeah. Bill France Sr. is grasping. Before you start, you should be reminded that he was good with US entering the series. "Y'all are welcome to compete. Y'all are welcome to win....but only by this much (forefinger and thumb 1/2 inch apart)." Legend.

No, nor has he even indicated any interest in coming over and racing an oval in his life.
Why not? This is the most prestigious race in the world according to some. If this is the case, why wouldn't every "racer" want a shot?

Oh yeah. Bill France Sr. is grasping. Before you start, you should be reminded that he was good with US entering the series. "Y'all are welcome to compete. Y'all are welcome to win....but only by this much (forefinger and thumb 1/2 inch apart)." Legend.
Now it is time once again to attempt to derail the thread.

Why not? This is the most prestigious race in the world according to some. If this is the case, why wouldn't every "racer" want a shot?
He's been paid so much to compete in F1 over the last decade-plus that anything else is an obvious downgrade. I'm fine with admitting that the Indy 500 isn't the end-all, be-all of motorsports, but it sure is a big race and Kyle Larson wants to compete in the biggest races possible (his words from his interview with David Gravel). So Larson is doing that. Sorry that the Indy 500 is a bigger race than the modern day Coke 600. It wasn't for awhile based on TV viewership, but times change.

What do you think Bill France Sr. would say about a driver skipping his show?

What does the NBA think about LeBron James sitting out a regular season game to rest? I'm sure they don't like it, but it happens anyway.

Bill France would have a lot of opinions current fans might not like about modern NASCAR and this isn't even scratching the surface. Why trot his corpse out for this and not any of the other litany of things going on with NASCAR?

Yep. NASCAR had this coming. The "regular season" has been diminished, and now a guy like Larson can afford to miss a race. If you don't like it, blame the stupid playoff/points format.

What does the NBA think about LeBron James sitting out a regular season game to rest? I'm sure they don't like it, but it happens anyway.
The NBA made it so you need to start (IIRC) 65 games this year to be eligible for MVP. I'm fine with that. If you don't care about an MVP, sit out more games. Honestly, LeBron played a s#it ton this year for a guy who is 41 for this reason.

I get that NASCAR wants to have their big names at every race. Every series does. I understand that. If they're in this predicament, then there are two big factors. One is that NASCAR doesn't pay what it used to and teams/drivers aren't getting the share of revenue that they want. We know this because, uhhh, we constantly hear it and we keep getting threatened with all sorts of actions between RTA and NASCAR. The other....

Yep. NASCAR had this coming. The "regular season" has been diminished, and now a guy like Larson can afford to miss a race. If you don't like it, blame the stupid playoff/points format.
Larson can lose the points for "winning the regular season championship" and it doesn't really mean anything substantive because of the playoff format. I'm not sure it has ever really mattered in determining a champion. He made every good faith effort. Meanwhile drivers who missed 10+ starts have won Cup titles. NASCAR can do whatever it wants to and will, but I wouldn't give Hendrick and Larson the opportunity to screw up the perception of the 2024 Cup Champion in a contract year between teams and the sanctioning body.

What's telling is that outside of YOUR Toyota Bubble, you failed to see the big picture here. Larson may have made new fans for the overall sport of motorsports, case in point I had family and friends over that were NASCAR Fans who were watching IndyCar for the first time in a long while because he was running the 500 and were blown away at home competitive it was as well as the sound of those cars. I also had IndyCar friends who were watching the 500 texting me saying how impressed they were with how Larson is running and they want to give NASCAR another try watching it. The point being outside of my own small world, is that his running the 500 may have been the shot motorsports as a whole needed to get that main stream appeal. With the way the economy is trending imo a high tide lifts all boats.

Kyle Larson is doing everything Christopher Bell wishes he could do. Hendrick/Chevrolet allows it, while Gibbs/Toyota doesn't. That's all you need to know to understand Rev's stance on all this. And with Toyota no longer in Indycar? Sour grapes

Kyle Larson is doing everything Christopher Bell wishes he could do. Hendrick/Chevrolet allows it, while Gibbs/Toyota doesn't. That's all you need to know to understand Rev's stance on all this. And with Toyota no longer in Indycar? Sour grapes
and frankly if Bell were to be doing this I'd be cheering like heck for him to do well too.

What Gibbs/Toyota has done to screw up Bell's racing career should be a crime. Bad mouthing Larson's is just as silly, fan or not.
i really put his name in the Hendrick ear along time ago,along with tony stewart and larson, now i just hope he can find a better home where he would be happy.

i really put his name in the Hendrick ear along time ago,along with tony stewart and larson, now i just hope he can find a better home where he would be happy.
Ford in one of their dumbest moves to date wouldn't let Stewart sign him. While speaking of stupid, Toyota, who is a sponsor in the World of Outlaws Sprint cars, and have their own Xtreme Outlaw Midget series and well over half of the midget cars in the world are running Toyota engines won't let 3 in a row Chili Bowl champion Christopher Bell drive one. :cuckoo:

Do you think Ferrari would release him next year for the 500?
A BS comparison. Come up with an example were a double is even conceivable or logistically possible for Hamilton and Ferrari to consider.

I feel bad for all of Larson's fans who watched him **** can a 30 point lead in the Driver's Championship.....15 bonus points.....the equivalent of three wins if he can't recover. Remember Charlotte in '22? He was a lock until he wasn't.

If NASCAR is going to celebrate and promote The Double, then maybe they just need to move the 600 to Memorial Day. The track at Indy is legendary, but the competition isn't since the split IMO....but I get it I guess.

As for the waiver.....NASCAR is in a corner. Probably just need to **** can the participation rule altogether, honestly. Can you deny the waiver to Larson? Probably should....but you really can't....see my opening statement. Wouldn't want to see his fans screwed.
I decided to go back to the post that started the whole derailment of this thread. When I originally read the first sentence I laughed so hard because I knew this was 100% a troll post. You don’t feel bad for any of Larsons fans and you have proved it in just about every post in this thread. You can’t stand for any fans to support Larson or HMS. Why don’t you just admit to what most fans here already knows and at least make yourself look like an honorable racing fan instead of trying your hardest to rain on the Larson and HMS parade like you have been doing from your very first post?😉😃

I decided to go back to the post that started the whole derailment of this thread. When I originally read the first sentence I laughed so hard because I knew this was 100% a troll post. You don’t feel bad for any of Larsons fans and you have proved it in just about every post in this thread. You can’t stand for any fans to support Larson or HMS. Why don’t you just admit to what most fans here already knows and at least make yourself look like an honorable racing fan instead of trying your hardest to rain on the Larson and HMS parade like you have been doing from your very first post?😉😃

To be fair, rev has admitted many times who he roots for is based solely on what they drive, so not really sure what your getting at here.

To be fair, rev has admitted many times who he roots for is based solely on what they drive, so not really sure what your getting at here.
What does who he root for have to do with trolling fans of other teams or manufacturers? It doesn’t bother me any I’m just letting him know he isn’t fooling me with his I feel so bad for the Larson fans BS.

What does who he root for have to do with trolling fans of other teams or manufacturers? It doesn’t bother me any I’m just letting him know he isn’t fooling me with his I feel so bad for the Larson fans BS.

He roots for Toyota and trolls against ford and Chevy, just like SOI does vice versa. This is nothing new.

He roots for Toyota and trolls against ford and Chevy, just like SOI does vice versa. This is nothing new.
I have been here a long time and I am very aware of which manufacture he supportes This is not about manufactures this is something he has done for a long time when it comes to Larson and HMS. You should have seen the fit he threw when Larson was at the Chili Bowl a few years ago. 😃

I have been here a long time and I am very aware of which manufacture he supportes This is not about manufactures this is something he has done for a long time when it comes to Larson and HMS. You should have seen the fit he threw when Larson was at the Chili Bowl a few years ago. 😃

But if Larson started driving a Camry tomorrow he would say that Larson's the greatest driver in the world.

Ya wanna win the championship this year. Goes through the 5.....save this for every year moving forward.
Not so sure of that. Hendrick is struggling pretty badly at the 1 mile flat tracks. Penske and Gibbs are way ahead at Phoenix. If Blaney, Logano, Bell or Hamlin make the final 4 it’ll be tough to beat them. One race is all that matters in the end. Should be interesting.

Not so sure of that. Hendrick is struggling pretty badly at the 1 mile flat tracks. Penske and Gibbs are way ahead at Phoenix. If Blaney, Logano, Bell or Hamlin make the final 4 it’ll be tough to beat them. One race is all that matters in the end. Should be interesting.

There's something to that. Even in 2021 with the speed he had, Larson was arguably the worst car over an entire stint out of the final 4. Team got him out front and he had the short run speed to get it done. He had a shot last year too.

Very hit or miss. Things could change this year though.

Back
Top Bottom