Kyle Larson Gets Cucumbered

Also, ban the victory burnout - are they really impressing anyone with them anyways?

I love a good burnout. It's not about impressing anyone but more about celebrating. Nothing more fun than doing a burnout, I'd say especially after you've just won a race. Hate it when a driver doesn't do one.

I love a good burnout. It's not about impressing anyone but more about celebrating. Nothing more fun than doing a burnout, I'd say especially after you've just won a race. Hate it when a driver doesn't do one.

I think the last 2 that didn't do burnouts were Blaney and Terry Labonte. I was at the Southern 500 that day and witnessed Terry's last win and celebrate it what would now be considered old school.

This actually might end up costing Larson 15 playoff points as the regular season points champion. That's a pretty big deal and I didn't think about that initially.
It is a stout penalty for sure. A similar penalty moved Brad K back four places in the points, which translates to four fewer playoff points, and that is very painful. A similar penalty on Logano very well could cause him to miss the playoff altogether. It is a side benefit of the new points system that regular season points penalties now have real meaning, IMO.

I am sure a lot of folks.....( i.e. mostly younger folks get a nut off seeing all the smoke and destruction....)...... me.... I think it is really stupid..... might have been cool the first few times..... after that.... not cool at all....... I much more respect the drivers who do the traditional victory lap.... or the Alan Kulwicki Polish lap.... No burnout.... no destroying the car.... I'm just old school and to me..... it's repulsive.

Burnouts, been watching drivers doing them for so long now, I dont even really pay attention to them anymore, either way, whatever the driver does to celebrate is up him, and I really cant care one way or the other.

Anything is better than putting the nose to the inside/outside wall and burning the tires down IMO.

But Jimmie don't drive one of them Tie-oters.
My Deddy called them Ti-yotes (rhymes with Coyote).
His hearing wasnt good. One time while I was still living at home he was watching Sandi Patty sing a gospel song on the TV. I asked him for her name and he said it was "Salmon Patty".

I personally think the #18 and #48 team cheat the most in NASCAR

There was a gem of a race maybe about 10 years ago... a xfinity road race, where two drivers thought they were the winner and both started celebrating on the front stretch.

Creative engineering, shading the rules, blatant cheating or whatever the hell you choose to call it is at the heart of this sport.

Applying a personal or societal moral standard to this stuff Is a waste of time. It's racing ... it stands alone.

Bingo. Nailed it...again....Aunty. Much respect.

There was a gem of a race maybe about 10 years ago... a xfinity road race, where two drivers thought they were the winner and both started celebrating on the front stretch.

I dont remember who won the race. But the OTHER guy was Robby Gordon. He ignored a black flag thought he could appeal after the race. Didnt work. lol

I'm sorry I love me some burnouts. Loved when Harvick and Stewart did duel burn outs at Bristol last year and also love Brad K.'s burnouts with the American flag.
The dual burns were okay, but I didn't like them as much as a couple of other dual celebrations. Tony and Jeff doing a post-race lap at Indy leaps to mind. Also the Labontes when one won the race while the other won the championship. In similar circumstances, I recall Jack Sprague and Mike Skinner parking their trucks side by side and celebrating on the bed covers.

I don't care one way or the other how a driver chooses to celebrate, as long as it doesn't affect post-race inspection. I don't think burn-outs or other activities (jumping on the roof, etc.) should be out-right banned as a pre-emptive measure, but should the vehicle fail inspection then don't expect to use the celebration as an excuse. If it's too low from you jumping on it, or they can't measure the rear-end height because you hit the wall, NASCAR should treat that like any other post-race failure and penalize accordingly.

Larson loses 30 minutes of practice time in happy hour for failing inspection last week at Kentucky. The hits just keep on coming

Man this penalty has slowed him down so far. Only on the pole for Sunday's race.

Ok I might be a fan but this is a bit ridiculous now. Why start cheating AFTER you're in the playoffs already??

Ok I might be a fan but this is a bit ridiculous now. Why start cheating AFTER you're in the playoffs already??

They are pushing. I'm impressed really. I think as fast as he has been, you want that kind of vibe that he must be cheating out there. I think that Larson is starting to get into people's heads the way Jimmie and Chad do. Great stuff.

I am sure a lot of folks.....( i.e. mostly younger folks get a nut off seeing all the smoke and destruction....)...... me.... I think it is really stupid..... might have been cool the first few times..... after that.... not cool at all....... I much more respect the drivers who do the traditional victory lap.... or the Alan Kulwicki Polish lap.... No burnout.... no destroying the car.... I'm just old school and to me..... it's repulsive.
You're too refined for this sport...

They are pushing. I'm impressed really. I think as fast as he has been, you want that kind of vibe that he must be cheating out there. I think that Larson is starting to get into people's heads the way Jimmie and Chad do. Great stuff.
It's harder to win if you stay within the guidelines

I wonder if that is that little "fin" they are talking about on the trunk lid. You gotta be kidding me.

upload_2017-7-14_20-5-22.jpeg

BTW that rear tire on Truex looks a little skewed :D

Thread title is old testament.

Abraham begat Larson... and he took him out on the Eighth day and straightforth cucumbered him.

... And some RF prophet appeared in a dream with a prophecy, and comforted Larson who wuth filled with anger and vexed so very sore.

..." Fear not Larson thou art blessed. Ishmael Austin and his dung filled stetson will never be worth of being cucumbered.
Amen."

Now all we has to do is wait on the fire to consume BF, and we all shall rejoice all the days of our lives, forever and foreverth

Last edited:
And then his time is disallowed
Oh ****. That is the first I've heard about it. That shatters my entire universe haha.

Seriously though, they won the pole by two tenths of a second. Turn down the aero "wick" ffs....

I'm sure their are some who believe the 78 is running legal, but I am not one of them :p

I don't spend any time thinking about it really. Maybe the box they are in is fine---they widen it by themselves.

He looses 30 minutes in happy hour from last week, starts in the back and has last choice of pit stalls, probably out close to the parking lot. Might find another crew chief out there, he'll be alright. Remember he likes to pass cars.

Back
Top Bottom