Kyle Larson

yeah I guess, really not that important to his overall accomplishments, but his winning it late in his waning career was an "event". Especially after he was going to win it previously and cut a tire with the finish line in sight. The press played it perfectly after the fact showing that in addition to the man winning the big one. But it count's as one in the win column. BTW it has been 15 years so far for KDB. Do you think the teams will line up and shake Kyle's hand if he wins the Daytona 500 or anybody else with a long dry spell? I think that was a once in a lifetime event myself.

To me what is weird about how long it took him to win the Daytona 500 is, he won every other race leading up to the 500 multiple times and on top of that he owned Dega.:idunno:. I remember him saying one time after missing the win by a close margin, "Well, i guess I ain't meant to win the damn thing".

I was there when he won and it was great.

yeah I guess, really not that important to his overall accomplishments, but his winning it late in his waning career was an "event". Especially after he was going to win it previously and cut a tire with the finish line in sight. The press played it perfectly after the fact showing that in addition to the man winning the big one. But it count's as one in the win column. BTW it has been 15 years so far for KDB. Do you think the teams will line up and shake Kyle's hand if he wins the Daytona 500 or anybody else with a long dry spell? I think that was a once in a lifetime event myself.

The other crews maaaay have lined up to congratulate Smoke had he ever won it. I think he was/is well respected in the garage. Other than him, I don't see anyone else.

I can agree with that statement. Like to see him going head to head driving a JGR Toyota or SHR Ford.

Our final four being Truex, Busch, Harvick, and Larson is actually a pretty neat thought. There's no shortage of competition, and if the 42 camp can continue to improve, there will be no shortage of parity among those four. :D

One (Gordon) went immediately to a top shelf team with a wizard for a crew chief, the other (Larson) went to a 2nd tier team with lackluster success. Kind of unfair to compare numbers

...and is still doing a damn good job.

One (Gordon) went immediately to a top shelf team with a wizard for a crew chief, the other (Larson) went to a 2nd tier team with lackluster success. Kind of unfair to compare numbers
lol. Reverse the 2 and the 4

Larson and "Blaney's dad" duking it out on the dirt... now that is a sight to behold. :D

NASCAR off week, most driver's go on vacation, Larson goes racing, after 5 races at Ohio Speedweek; 1 wreck, 2 wins, 2 seconds. @ Atomic tonight then off to Sonoma and back to NASCAR.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gotta respect the love that the man has for racing! :cheers:

I hear he bleeds petrol. :p

I think the guy is fast establishing himself as NASCAR’s next big superstar. Even before Chicagoland, he had established himself as a premiere wheel man in cup and Chicago’s results only added to that mystique. Add to that his post-race behavior and attitude (which was pitch perfect and compared to that perpetual man-child you know who) and in my opinion you’ve got a real winner on the way up.

And......who can forget...one of the first burnouts he ever did was with the steering wheel removed!

I love Larson but he’s closer to the next Kasey Kahne then nascars next superstar. Kyle Busch is only 33 lol he’s nascars superstar

I love Larson but he’s closer to the next Kasey Kahne then nascars next superstar. Kyle Busch is only 33 lol he’s nascars superstar
The latter part I agree with. Kyle Busch is currently NASCAR's superstar. CURRENTLY.

Saying that Larson is "closer to being the next Kasey Kahne" is a whale of an overstatement. Sure, Kasey used to win and is also an avid dirt-track racer, but look at where Kasey is now. Do you really see Kyle Larson falling from grace and doing well just to earn some top-twenties in a few years? I don't.

Kyle Larson is solid. He drives hard which has cost him races, but he's been the best Chevy over two years

So if Lason wins its his driving, if he loses, blame it on the car?

So if Lason wins its his driving, if he loses, blame it on the car?
I wouldn’t put it that bluntly. I think CGR is stuck in between a team like RCR and Hendrick. I think they have good resources but are still behind Hendrick, Gibbs/Furniture Row and SHR in that department. With that said he does elevate that car especially when you compare him to Jamie.

Back
Top Bottom