Kyle Larson

a lot of us past and present have watched or participated in dirt sprint car racing. We are aware of the skill it takes to do both like Larson is doing and a few others in the cup series. It is really two entirely different forms of racing, like walking and flying. You want to own a team (Larson does) or a track and stay involved in racing after retirement, Sprint car racing is a much better path than Nascar unless you are a huge conglomerate or a billionaire.

if the Chevy's start winning with their new nose

This might be the most anticipated Chevy in history.....If you can't slow the Toyotas down because the wind tunnel is broken, I guess you speed the others up? Ford didn't get the memo. Gonna get "drubbed."

This might be the most anticipated Chevy in history.....If you can't slow the Toyotas down because the wind tunnel is broken, I guess you speed the others up? Ford didn't get the memo. Gonna get "drubbed."
doubt it. I bet they are all close next year.

^ Only because Nascar stepped in and slowed the others. Sure isn't the first time they have done this but usually it is done to favor Chev/Hendricks.
The Captain isn't one to air his problems but I would bet during this off season Team Penske/Ford will have some differences settled. They may not be the fastest but should be competitive.
Last year reminded me of when Joey had to drive Tony's set ups at JGR.

^ Only because Nascar stepped in and slowed the others.

Well documented what happened to your Penskes after the encumbered win. Slowed them down by making them legal. That and the Toyotas found the balance in the '18 Camry. That created the gap.

Can't find it, but Tony was doing something where they were running a concrete luge down a hill/mountain.
found it. Looks like fun

Well documented what happened to your Penskes after the encumbered win. Slowed them down by making them legal. That and the Toyotas found the balance in the '18 Camry. That created the gap.
Never read a documented paper on what actually was taken away from the Fords, just the usual what NASCAR does by quoting some rule but never explaining the infraction. I sure would love to read something specific.

Never read a documented paper on what actually was taken away from the Fords, just the usual what NASCAR does by quoting some rule but never explaining the infraction. I sure would love to read something specific.
Rodney Childers said Nascar took something away that they were doing at SHR. Pretty vague what it was, but they slowed the Fords down. I heard Kez mention it was something in the rear fender wells to even up the balance that was taken away? The yotas got to design a car around the newer less downforce rules. I'm not worried about it this year, pretty evident how it went last year, but I think the 2018 rules will help the Fords. Chevy's Camaro should be good to go.

The yotas got to design a car around the newer less downforce rules.

Maybe the Fords weren't legal? Joey said that they went too far, Gordon said their "mistake" had no effect. Comical.

Toyota chose to develop a car around the new rules....Ford and Chevy signed off on it.

Kez disagrees with you. He thinks that 2018 won'tl be anything less than a drubbing. I wouldn't take him too seriously. He is working the system. That goes for the rear fender wells too....

Very high expectations for the Chevy. Wonder why expectations weren't so high for the Toyotas. In fact, there was quite a bit of **** talking early last year. Oh how we forget......

The fact that Chev is running a new car this year doesn't mean squat. Look
how long it took Toyota to get their fleet running up front. That is no guarantee
that GM will do as well. For one thing, GM only has the #48 team that has proven they can adapt
and last year showed the changes made may have lessened JJ's ability to compete
for the wins. Once the Toy's were able to get the wrinkles out, JJ never got another win.
It will be interesting to say the least but I think many are in for a disappointment for 1/2 the season.
I am going to stick my neck out and predict the Fords finish 3rd among manufacturers.

The fact that Chev is running a new car this year doesn't mean squat. Look
how long it took Toyota to get their fleet running up front. That is no guarantee
that GM will do as well. For one thing, GM only has the #48 team that has proven they can adapt
and last year showed the changes made may have lessened JJ's ability to compete
for the wins. Once the Toy's were able to get the wrinkles out, JJ never got another win.
It will be interesting to say the least but I think many are in for a disappointment for 1/2 the season.
I am going to stick my neck out and predict the Fords finish 3rd among manufacturers.

I would agree 100% with this post regarding the Chevys. There were many who were questioning Toyota's intelligence last year in changing bodies after the success of 2016--one in particular was Tom Jensen formerly of Fox Sports--all over the early slow pace of the Toyotas. Frankly, it would be unfair to the Chevys to expect them to come out on fire. I would suspect Toyotas will be strong early this year (a departure for them), and Chevy should get quicker by All Star time. Not sure what will happen to the Fords. I do hope that they become more competitive.

Not necessarily on the driver. What would Junior Nation say? Look man, Kyle Larson is a hell of driver. Hell, my Toyota guys have been kicking themselves ever since he got away. There is even a part of me that likes the fact that the guy is that passionate about dirt. All I am saying is that he should keep his mouth shut on this issue. I will use Mark Martin as a comparison since Kyle Busch is so polarizing. IMO nobody has been more committed to a Championship than him in the modern era. Mark left no doubt about what was important to him in every interview, and every ticket holder knew what they were getting.

Who gives a damn what Jr Nation would say? Why is it so important that Kyle Larson place NASCAR on a pedestal as the only sanctioning body in racing that should mean anything? Forgive him for not sharing the same opinion as Revman. Who would have thought that you were the voice for the sport? We are not talking about his talent, we are talking about the fact that you clearly have an issue and take it personal that Kyle Larson appears to place racing a full time dirt schedule with the WOO as more important then running CUP. At least that is what you are insinuating with your stance.

I'll be at my local dirt track to see Larson tomoro...well tonight actually as its 2.56am.
Weather may be a wash tho....I'll try to get some pics as I will venture into the pits.
Well I was just at the tracks website...... and good thing because they are starting early at 4pm. I can only imagine it is to avoid rain.

Larson has a new secret weapon pit crew member
upload_2018-1-2_13-13-50.png

We had a time change of 2 and a half hours to avoid rain meaning we started the program at 4pm. Meaning it is pretty darn hot.

And of course this is the sky.....

cd65d778ca5b0496a6d2b042dbe0199d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Who gives a damn what Jr Nation would say? Why is it so important that Kyle Larson place NASCAR on a pedestal as the only sanctioning body in racing that should mean anything? Forgive him for not sharing the same opinion as Revman. Who would have thought that you were the voice for the sport? We are not talking about his talent, we are talking about the fact that you clearly have an issue and take it personal that Kyle Larson appears to place racing a full time dirt schedule with the WOO as more important then running CUP. At least that is what you are insinuating with your stance.

Love your passion. Keep bringing it. :cheers:

From a guy who tried to win it for 20 years. I'm sure if he has won it on his first couple the impact would not have been so large.

From a guy who tried to win it for 20 years. I'm sure if he has won it on his first couple the impact would not have been so large.

It's Daytona. Some of these guys think it's a big deal on their first, second, third, fourth, fifth.......try.

I think anyone who races at Daytona has an understanding of the levity that a win there carries. Same for Indy, but just because the level of importance may be different on a per driver basis doesn't discount the desire to win one. It may impact the overall meaning, but the desire is still there. Dale Earnhardt not winning a 500 would be the equivalent to Dan Marino never winning a Super Bowl. Most likely the most talented at their respective positions/jobs and the biggest one of them all eluding them. Hence Dale's quote above. If he wins it on his second try, the meaning is more than likely not as significant because the chase never occurs.

I think anyone who races at Daytona has an understanding of the levity that a win there carries. Same for Indy, but just because the level of importance may be different on a per driver basis doesn't discount the desire to win one. It may impact the overall meaning, but the desire is still there. Dale Earnhardt not winning a 500 would be the equivalent to Dan Marino never winning a Super Bowl. Most likely the most talented at their respective positions/jobs and the biggest one of them all eluding them. Hence Dale's quote above. If he wins it on his second try, the meaning is more than likely not as significant because the chase never occurs.

At that point in Dales career, the Daytona 500 was the only jewel missing from his crown. Had he never won it, there would always be those that would say "but, he never won the Daytona 500". They can't say it after February 1998. I was proud for him. He truly did it all in stock car racing.

At that point in Dales career, the Daytona 500 was the only jewel missing from his crown. Had he never won it, there would always be those that would say "but, he never won the Daytona 500". They can't say it after February 1998. I was proud for him. He truly did it all in stock car racing.
yeah I guess, really not that important to his overall accomplishments, but his winning it late in his waning career was an "event". Especially after he was going to win it previously and cut a tire with the finish line in sight. The press played it perfectly after the fact showing that in addition to the man winning the big one. But it count's as one in the win column. BTW it has been 15 years so far for KDB. Do you think the teams will line up and shake Kyle's hand if he wins the Daytona 500 or anybody else with a long dry spell? I think that was a once in a lifetime event myself.

Back
Top Bottom