Kyle Larson

Yeah, and my enjoyment is depreciated if my driver is only half there to compete and half there to enable himself to move on to something else. I don't give a sh!t how a driver feels, but for God's sake treat the average fan who has busted his ass to see you drive right by giving him the perception that you are all in. Larson is becoming whiney IMO--yeah spare me the Busch references in this context. Win the title, then you have the right to piss in that big cup. I never worry about whether or not my driver is all in--he consistently gives me the perception that he is. I like that.

Good thing you are not a JG fan. I used to be a Junior fan until he said he would rather lose with his cousin than win with someone else. Many Nascar drivers are coasters these days and that has spoiled racing a bit for me.

Good thing you are not a JG fan. I used to be a Junior fan until he said he would rather lose with his cousin than win with someone else. Many Nascar drivers are coasters these days and that has spoiled racing a bit for me.

Yeah, I think you get where I am coming from.....Costs me thousands to get to a race. I want the perception of an unreasonable expectation of success and absolute no tolerance for anything less from my drivers. I want my drivers repulsed when they lose...or again, give me that perception. That's what makes it fun. Larson sounds really young (because he is) from time to time.

Yeah, and my enjoyment is depreciated if my driver is only half there to compete and half there to enable himself to move on to something else. I don't give a sh!t how a driver feels, but for God's sake treat the average fan who has busted his ass to see you drive right by giving him the perception that you are all in. Larson is becoming whiney IMO--yeah spare me the Busch references in this context. Win the title, then you have the right to piss in that big cup. I never worry about whether or not my driver is all in--he consistently gives me the perception that he is. I like that.

I think you sound terribly bitter. In his interview he stated he could drive in CUP for another 10 years plus and then at like 45 still have 10 or 15 years to run the WOO. So there is a little context. He simply stated that CUP was never the ultimate goal it was simply a means to a way. I don't see how he is pissing on the sport as you are trying to portray. How in any way has he stated that he isn't fully invested in CUP? How about you site your source for that. Just because he doesn't want to race in CUP for 20 plus years does not mean he is any less engaged to the sport.

Let me ask you if the same rhetoric applies when KB melts down and mails it in when the car/team is having a bad day? Using your logic if he is not "all in", which we have all heard KB check out in races, is he cheating the fan?

For the record I don't give a fook if the driver gives me any type of perception as long as he is out there driving the **** out of the race car. I have never not seen Larson manhandle a race car.

I think you sound terribly bitter. In his interview he stated he could drive in CUP for another 10 years plus and then at like 45 still have 10 or 15 years to run the WOO. So there is a little context. He simply stated that CUP was never the ultimate goal it was simply a means to a way. I don't see how he is pissing on the sport as you are trying to portray. How in any way has he stated that he isn't fully invested in CUP? How about you site your source for that. Just because he doesn't want to race in CUP for 20 plus years does not mean he is any less engaged to the sport.

Let me ask you if the same rhetoric applies when KB melts down and mails it in when the car/team is having a bad day? Using your logic if he is not "all in", which we have all heard KB check out in races, is he cheating the fan?

For the record I don't give a fook if the driver gives me any type of perception as long as he is out there driving the sh!t out of the race car. I have never not seen Larson manhandle a race car.

Not bitter. However, the guys who would give their left nut to have his opportunity might be.

Maybe win a Cup, and then plan 10-15 years down the line.

Don't be confused by what Kyle says on the radio. Most who aren't his fans don't get it. You prove that.

All you have is perception. Just what the hell does it look like when a driver "drives the **** out of the race car?" Sideways? Into the wall--not that that ever happens to Larson or anything....Don't buy a t-shirt. Larson doesn't get enough for it as I understand it.

Not bitter. However, the guys who would give their left nut to have his opportunity might be.

Don't be confused by what Kyle says on the radio. Most who aren't his fans don't get it. You prove that.

All you have is perception. Just what the hell does it look like when a driver "drives the sh!t out of the race car?" Sideways? Into the wall--not that that ever happens to Larson or anything....Don't buy a t-shirt. Larson doesn't get enough for it as I understand it.

I still thinks Larson's tshirt comments have merit. When he makes more selling sprint souvenirs than he does cup souvenirs something is up. #scotchfund

If you are implying that Gordon coasted through his last few years in the car, I think you're dead wrong. In my opinion, the 45 year old Jeff Gordon just could no longer do the things the 25 year old Jeff Gordon could. Even at that, he came five positions short of winning a championship in his final year. Also don't forget that a bad back can sap your will to live, let alone drive a race car.

Last edited:
If you are implying that Gordon coasted through his last few years in the car, I think you're dead wrong. In my opinion, the 45 year old Jeff Gordon just could no longer do the things the 25 year old Jeff Gordon could. Even at that, he came five positions short of winning a championship in his final year. Also don't forget that a bad back can sap your will to live, let alone drive a race car.
I agree. When I was 25 I could spend an hour at the buffet easy, and then at 45 it was a struggle just to hang for a half hour, now at 61 I'm lucky if I can handle 20 minutes...but, I give it 100% effort every time.:)

Yeah, I think you get where I am coming from.....Costs me thousands to get to a race. I want the perception of an unreasonable expectation of success and absolute no tolerance for anything less from my drivers. I want my drivers repulsed when they lose...or again, give me that perception. That's what makes it fun. Larson sounds really young (because he is) from time to time.
Damn! how do you travel, on a private lear jet?:)

yea for a guy that was coasting... he almost found a way to win the whole thing in 2015 and was pretty close in 2014. I agree that he wasnt the same at 43 as he was at 27. But 27 year old JG didnt have to deal with an in his prime 48 either. or an 18 beast.

People forget he is a major team owner in the WoO. 410 sprints have a serious following people, look at the draws that places like Eldora and Knoxville get. Obviously he’s a super competitive guy, I don’t think someone who drives that much as successfully as he does is okay with second

I still thinks Larson's tshirt comments have merit. When he makes more selling sprint souvenirs than he does cup souvenirs something is up. #scotchfund

#MansionLife

All you have is perception. Just what the hell does it look like when a driver "drives the sh!t out of the race car?" Sideways? Into the wall--not that that ever happens to Larson or anything....Don't buy a t-shirt. Larson doesn't get enough for it as I understand it.

Yeah you're right, you don't sound bitter at all. It befuddles me that you can make the assumption based on your own perception that Larson may not care about CUP, but a non KB fan cannot make a determination of KB melting down in the car and mailing it in. That is some backwards logic. Ironically, I watch and listen to KB a lot because my wife is a fan as am I, but I think it is pretty obvious that he has his moments where when things do not go his way he gives up.

The fact remains that there is not one single inkling of bashing or diminishing of CUP level racing in his comments. It was just never his ultimate goal. His heroes were on dirt. Get over it. I don't get why it is such an issue that he may not place NASCAR as the end all be all in regards to motorsports. It doesn't diminish the sport in any way and why does it change for you if he wins a CUP or not? If he wins 10 CUPS does it make the comment more worthy? The guy is a top 10 talent in the sport and he can drive anything you put him in. His talent backs up his comments.

If he races for 5 more years or 10 more years or 20 more years just sit back and enjoy the fact that one of the more talented drivers on this planet is accessible for our viewing.

You guys just don't understand! If Kyle Larson truly cared, he would lose his cool and cry all the time when things don't go his way! Because short tempers and meltdowns are the true sign of a champion who really wants to win!!!!!

:rolleyes:

You guys just don't understand! If this had been Kyle Busch, this Forum would have blown up by now. SMDH

Yeah you're right, you don't sound bitter at all. It befuddles me that you can make the assumption based on your own perception that Larson may not care about CUP, but a non KB fan cannot make a determination of KB melting down in the car and mailing it in. That is some backwards logic. Ironically, I watch and listen to KB a lot because my wife is a fan as am I, but I think it is pretty obvious that he has his moments where when things do not go his way he gives up.

The fact remains that there is not one single inkling of bashing or diminishing of CUP level racing in his comments. It was just never his ultimate goal. His heroes were on dirt. Get over it. I don't get why it is such an issue that he may not place NASCAR as the end all be all in regards to motorsports. It doesn't diminish the sport in any way and why does it change for you if he wins a CUP or not? If he wins 10 CUPS does it make the comment more worthy? The guy is a top 10 talent in the sport and he can drive anything you put him in. His talent backs up his comments.

If he races for 5 more years or 10 more years or 20 more years just sit back and enjoy the fact that one of the more talented drivers on this planet is accessible for our viewing.

Whatever man. I'll take a guy like Truex who talks about winning a Cup his lifelong dream any day over a guy who has other things he would rather be doing. You go with that Kyle interpretation thing. All good.

I like Kyle Larson...... he has 1 black mark for me as far as what he said about making 50 bucks an hour hawking Nascar shirts compared to dirt shirts.... I thought that was uncalled for.... no matter what he thought..... it should have been more thought out..... he's young..... hopefully he gives more thought next time before his mouth over rides his brain...... Kyle Busch on the other hand has had his mouth override his brain so many times that I really don't think there is much hope for a turnaround.... Although I have seen a very slight difference since he got married ..............

I like Kyle Larson...... he has 1 black mark for me as far as what he said about making 50 bucks an hour hawking Nascar shirts compared to dirt shirts.... I thought that was uncalled for.... no matter what he thought..... it should have been more thought out..... he's young..... hopefully he gives more thought next time before his mouth over rides his brain...... Kyle Busch on the other hand has had his mouth override his brain so many times that I really don't think there is much hope for a turnaround.... Although I have seen a very slight difference since he got married ..............

I haven't seen any, and if the Chevy's start winning with their new nose, I expect more meltdowns and he will be the darling of Radioactive next year.

Whatever man. I'll take a guy like Truex who talks about winning a Cup his lifelong dream any day over a guy who has other things he would rather be doing. You go with that Kyle interpretation thing. All good.

Yeah, let's go with whatever. It's all we have when bull**** gets pulled out of thin air with zero substance. Let's go with whatever.

When Jeff Gordon says he coasted 3/4 of the race I will take his word for it. You may not like it but Jeff himself said it. Watch his last races at Dega and Daytona. Dropped to the back and raced to stay on the lead lap.

When Jeff Gordon says he coasted 3/4 of the race I will take his word for it. You may not like it but Jeff himself said it. Watch his last races at Dega and Daytona. Dropped to the back and raced to stay on the lead lap.

Uh, that's called race strategy, and he didn't invent it, he just did what many others have done. As stupid as restrictor plate racing is under the current format, I don't blame him one bit. I would do the same thing. Until the creation of the stage points this past year, there was absolutely no incentive to get your stuff all torn up early. That's what the last ten laps of the race are for. Being that Jeff is the all-time restrictor plate race winner, I'll defer to his judgment on how to win a plate race.

Nope, just not driving full time in Nascar. Still has his card and is cleared to drive anytime anywhere.

Not to worry. You'll never see Jeff in another NASCAR sanctioned race. I'd bet good money on it, and as time goes by, I think it's less likely you will see him in any other racing, regardless off what he has said. There just aren't that many quality opportunities out there for him to take, and he has his Rolex 24 watch, so that's off his bucket list.

Nope, just not driving full time in Nascar. Still has his card and is cleared to drive anytime anywhere.
I still have my Master Mariners Certification (Captain) but I'm out of the ship driving business. I could boss any boat anytime anywhere but I'm not going to. For all practical purposes he's retired from driving a cup car as I am from Captaining a vessel.

Yeah, let's go with whatever. It's all we have when bull**** gets pulled out of thin air with zero substance. Let's go with whatever.

Dude, your guy said it. I mean "zero substance?" How about we go with "okay" since "whatever" seems to piss you off. I made my point. You don't agree so....whatever, I mean okay.

Dude, your guy said it. I mean "zero substance?" How about we go with "okay" since "whatever" seems to piss you off. I made my point. You don't agree so....whatever, I mean okay.

Where did he say your implied narrative? He stated that NASCAR was never the ultimate goal and that he could race in CUP for another 10 years, make money and still have time to run a full WOO schedule when he is ready to leave the sport. For you to take those words and turn it into a narrative of Larson is mailing it in, cheating the fan, doesn't care about NASCAR etc., is ignorant.

You clearly are annoyed that NASCAR is not the life long dream for Larson as it is/was for Truex (your reference), but to spew some ridiculous narrative about him cheating fans because he isn't fully engaged or doesn't apparently care about NASCAR is unfair. Instead you would rather determine how he should plan his life. I mean you are up there basically telling this guy what he should do by insisting that he win a CUP and then plan the next 10 years.........How warped is that?

We went from you making this about him not caring, which we have zero evidence of, to you denying a comparison of your narrative of Larson to KB mailing it in when things do not go his way on the basis of "Don't be confused by what Kyle says on the radio. Most who aren't his fans don't get it. You prove that.", to comparing him to Martin Truex's goal of winning a CUP title as if you have some sort of idea what winning a Championship in CUP would mean to Larson.

Do you see how ridiculous you are being? You are bagging on a guy for planning out his life to achieve what he ultimately wants to do.

Not at all....but I don't think that a driver should put it out there that the Cup Series isn't the end all for him. Fans pay big money for the perception that the driver lives and dies this stuff. To put it out there that what is perceived to be the summit of the mountain is, in fact, simply a stepping stone is not a good look. Additionally, for a fan to pay this big money to provide said stepping stone when a driver is pretty public about mansion life isn't a good look. To put it in terms most around here would understand....if Kyle Busch used NASCAR to get to his late model, and that is truly where he wanted to be....he wouldn't be my driver. This fan doesn't want to feel like my middle class dollar is being used to support something "bigger" in my driver's mind. You have a mansion. You don't need my dollar. I will save it for someone who gives me the perception that he is all in. If this was a different driver, we would be discussing his level of commitment to a Cup Championship IMO.
The average Kyle Larson supporter understands his love of dirt racing and doesn't feel cheated. He appeals to a certain race fan.

He was no worse than the fourth-best Cup driver this year...I don't think we need to question how hard he's trying out there.

Well Larson did say he was the last racer or was it the last great racer? I kid, but I hope he gets to a point where he races everything like Cup, Indy Car, WoO, and IMSA. It’d b cool to see him show up for each series’ big races....can’t say there’s been anyone that’s done that in my lifetime

Larson runs in three distinctly different series, is a boon for all of them, races clean and doesn't go all psycho when things don't go his way. Caught some bad breaks in Nascar that he had no control over. They waved a mic in his face in undoubtedly his worse disappointing moments of his season and anybody watching could tell he was a full on competitor. Just because he didn't end up with a bloody forehead, drop the mic, real race track, blame it on the tire or anything handy for his failures doesn't mean he isn't giving it a hundred percent. He was the top Chevy driver in a ride that was obviously slower thru the ranks than the Toyota and Fords.

Where did he say your implied narrative? He stated that NASCAR was never the ultimate goal and that he could race in CUP for another 10 years, make money and still have time to run a full WOO schedule when he is ready to leave the sport. For you to take those words and turn it into a narrative of Larson is mailing it in, cheating the fan, doesn't care about NASCAR etc., is ignorant.

You clearly are annoyed that NASCAR is not the life long dream for Larson as it is/was for Truex (your reference), but to spew some ridiculous narrative about him cheating fans because he isn't fully engaged or doesn't apparently care about NASCAR is unfair. Instead you would rather determine how he should plan his life. I mean you are up there basically telling this guy what he should do by insisting that he win a CUP and then plan the next 10 years.........How warped is that?

We went from you making this about him not caring, which we have zero evidence of, to you denying a comparison of your narrative of Larson to KB mailing it in when things do not go his way on the basis of "Don't be confused by what Kyle says on the radio. Most who aren't his fans don't get it. You prove that.", to comparing him to Martin Truex's goal of winning a CUP title as if you have some sort of idea what winning a Championship in CUP would mean to Larson.

Do you see how ridiculous you are being? You are bagging on a guy for planning out his life to achieve what he ultimately wants to do.

What-....errr okay.....You have gone way too far with what I have said, but that's okay. I like your passion.

Larson runs in three distinctly different series, is a boon for all of them, races clean and doesn't go all psycho when things don't go his way. Caught some bad breaks in Nascar that he had no control over. They waved a mic in his face in undoubtedly his worse disappointing moments of his season and anybody watching could tell he was a full on competitor. Just because he didn't end up with a bloody forehead, drop the mic, real race track, blame it on the tire or anything handy for his failures doesn't mean he isn't giving it a hundred percent. He was the top Chevy driver in a ride that was obviously slower thru the ranks than the Toyota and Fords.

Does every post have to be a Kyle Busch reference? Okay, I think so too. :D

If what Larson said wasn't such a big deal, why would there be so many "Wows" posted? Not trying to be rhetorical....just asking.

I agree with you 100000000% about his performance in the Hendrick powered/CGR tuned Chevy. Fascinating story, but perhaps as much about CGR's increased engineering talent (thank you @aunty dive) as anything Larson did. Jamie Mac was quick too--just didn't finish--which is okay...just ask Elliott. :D

I don't think we need to question how hard he's trying out there.

"If this was a different driver, we would be questioning his level of commitment to a Cup Championship IMO." I also had perception in bold. This angle was developed by a Larson fan poster.

Jeff just got to a point where he despised plate racing (ironic coming from the guy with the most plate wins). And to be honest I think it scared him a bit the older he got and having started a family.

2014 alone told me that Jeff Gordon was still a top dog in the sport.

"If this was a different driver, we would be questioning his level of commitment to a Cup Championship IMO." I also had perception in bold. This angle was developed by a Larson fan poster.

You mean, "If this were Kyle Busch" right? I don't disagree with that sentiment. Kyle Busch gets grief for every little thing he does. Some of it is more than warranted and some of it is just a bunch of people hating on the guy for his success and their disdain for his attitude. Any reasonable person can listen to the comments and look at the product Larson puts on the TV and clearly see that there is not a bit of "commitment" that needs to be questioned.

You mean, "If this were Kyle Busch" right? I don't disagree with that sentiment. Kyle Busch gets grief for every little thing he does. Some of it is more than warranted and some of it is just a bunch of people hating on the guy for his success and their disdain for his attitude. Any reasonable person can listen to the comments and look at the product Larson puts on the TV and clearly see that there is not a bit of "commitment" that needs to be questioned.

Not necessarily on the driver. What would Junior Nation say? Look man, Kyle Larson is a hell of driver. Hell, my Toyota guys have been kicking themselves ever since he got away. There is even a part of me that likes the fact that the guy is that passionate about dirt. All I am saying is that he should keep his mouth shut on this issue. I will use Mark Martin as a comparison since Kyle Busch is so polarizing. IMO nobody has been more committed to a Championship than him in the modern era. Mark left no doubt about what was important to him in every interview, and every ticket holder knew what they were getting.

Back
Top Bottom