Lappy's racing up-dates!

Lap3Forever

Staff member
The time if now upon us. Going to kick the year off this weekend at the Paducah Int. Raceway with the 1st of 2 day testing seasion. It will be the 1st time i have been on the track at PIR since Aug, it will also be the 1st time anyone has ran on the 1/5 mile track in the infiled. (to many 1st..lol)

The Next testing will be the 17th. and the 1st race will be March 24th.

Ky. Lake Motor Speedway will open the gates April 8th for there 1st night of points racing.

The car is the same one as last year, just doing a little paint work and putting new #'s on it.

I am really looking forward to this year, had a grate year last year. Finished in the top 10 at both tracks and just ran 2 at one and 5 at the orther, this year i would like to get at least one win at each track and make a run for the track champaship.

Nick

P.S. can get make this a sticky, so i can up-date everyone in the same threed every week, because i do know some people ask me how everything is going and i like to keep em updated.

How neat Lappy! I wish you the VERY BEST! GO GET 'EM and BE SAFE, Please!

Clarksville Speedway 1/4 mile high banked red clay track.

Drew: 8
Heat: 6
Main: 4

Not all that bad for my 1st time at the track and my 1st time in the car in 5 months.

Did not got to PIR to pratice, if i am going to take a chance of messing the car up, i'll do it in a race, while i am going for a win, and not just messing around at a pratice.

I had a buddy got with me and race, so i was not alone.

I tell you guys what, it is very hard trying to keep a car off the wall when the tire blows in the middle of the corrner. but i was able to keep it off the wall and get it up on to the part of the track where you enter and exit the track comming out of 2.

NEXT RACE: Sat, March 18. Clarksville Speedway!

Drew- 3 (but had to start in the back 5th, because the car would not start)

Feature- 4th. 20 lap race, and on around lap 6 i hit the turn 3/4 wall head on.

Well after looking at the damage i did not hit it head on like i thought i did, i hit the wall with the right corner on the car, and then spun around and shot to the infiled.

If we can finish getting the car back togather, and the weather works with us, i am going to give the 1/5 mile track in the infiled at PIR a chance. This will be my 3ed start of the year, and my 3ed race at PIR. (May 18 2005, Aug 13 2005 where both on the 3/8 track, so this will be my 1st start on the 1/5)

Sorry, i thought i posted this.

Paducah 1/5 3/31/06 Draw 6, Heat 9, Feature 8. (got took out of both heat and feature)

Next race: 4/15 at KLMS

KLMS 4/15

Drew 11

Heat 12. Running 9th on last lap, comming out of 4 car got loose and i got the short end of the stick.

Feature 9

Not off to as good of a start that i was hoping to this year, but still got a lot of races left.

do they run Kentucky Lake petty good becaue the lady that runs Kentucky Lake jsut took over a track up here in my area the Kankakee Valley Motor Speedway. It says that she is going to be up here on friday and then drive back down there on firday night after they are done up here. that would get rather boring and being tired all the time.

dalejrfan_8_06 said:
do they run Kentucky Lake petty good becaue the lady that runs Kentucky Lake jsut took over a track up here in my area the Kankakee Valley Motor Speedway. It says that she is going to be up here on friday and then drive back down there on firday night after they are done up here. that would get rather boring and being tired all the time.

She has done a heck of a Job on KLMS. She lives around Chiago, so i dont think she will be doing much more driving then she does now. I may make it up the to triple K, somtime this year and try that track out to. Sherri is a member of this board (KLMS 99)

UPDATE: The rain has stoped and we have sun and clear skys, do have a 20-30% chance of rain tonight, but so far so good. Look forward to seeing ya'll at the lake tonight! :beerbang:

Photos by: Henry P. Kohlhaas

4-22-2006 Ky. Lake Motor Speedway

See my bent up hood in the last pic? that's what happands when someone checks up in front of you and ya' stay in the gas. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• ShowLetter2.jpg
    ShowLetter2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 341
  • ShowLetter1.jpg
    ShowLetter1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 310
  • ShowLetter.jpg
    ShowLetter.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 336
I went to the Western Ky. Speedway lastnight was able to run 2nd in the heat. So that ment i was to start the Feature 1st row outside. (i drew 1 in the heat) As soon as i seen the green flag i floored it and shifted, was able to Lead my 1st lap ever! I had to find a new line around the track because i busted a rut in turn 2, 3 laps in a row. On the last lap i looked out my window net and see the car that won the heat making a last lap changle for the win, i went in turn 3 and frove it in low, my car pushed, but he got losse and i was able to hold him off at the line to win my 1st race ever!!

I prayed every lap of that race, and God anwsered my prayers! Boy does it fell good to win a race.

WOO HOO LAPPY! CONGRATULATIONS! IF you were old enough Kat would buy you a beer! :beerbang:

Thanks Kat!

Dad always said when i win my 1st feature he would buy me a t-bone from the Waffle House, that stake around 1230am this morring was the best i ever had! :-D

I got a race on my b-day in Aug, maybe we can get a win then to!

Thanks kat, but as of right now i have the same chance of winning this week as the guy who finished last, lastweek. I'm trying not to get big headed and ran in to the wall the 1st lap.

That's keepin your head in the right place Nick! You sound more mature than some of the so called adults in Nascar!
I'll send you a six pack of Mountain Dew!

Thats what iv been drinkin today anyway! :D

Draw - 2
Heat - 3
Feature - 2

I thought i was at Dega, went in to turn 3, 3 wide and i was on the top, but they orther cars got around me, and i just let em of, its just a heat race no need tearing the car up for that,

The feature i got held up by one car, he would about slin out in every turn and i did not want to hit him so i backed out, but was flianly to get around him for 3nd, and the 2nd place car had troble and i picked that up as well...was catcing the leader but ran out of time, if i had about 5 more laps could of done something, i just got held up so long i lost contact with the leader.

Back off to KLMS next weekend

Im not going to get in a pissing contest, about what all happaned last night, but i will say i was in 2 wrecks (one heat and one feature) on the 1st lap, and they both were 100% uncalled for, they were cause by drivers putting there nose were it should not of been, trying t get the lead on the 1st lap. My whole driver side is caved in, my left rear tire is yellow, and i have 2 bent wheels. I never hit the brake durring the feature i was so mad, i got 4th, it is my best finish of the year at klms, with wish it came better.

Draw - 6
Heat - 4
Feature - 4

When's the next race, Nick? I hope you're OK and that the car will be A-OK for that!

Back
Top Bottom