Larson reinstated by nascar for 21

That and add 11 championships in the last 25 years, and he has the most popular driver in the series ...again. Larson is no slouch in the following he has either.

Only 11? Hmmm...better count 'em up! :biggrin:

Terry-Labonte.jpg

image19.jpg

00afd3ee5ff88ace9505cef89632a2f5.jpg

Depends on what your looking at. Have you seen the financials from any of these drivers?
Rick is in the business of making money and that doesn't necessarily mean winning all the time. A good example is junior who brought in sponsor money of 30 mil every year.

When it comes to racing, Rick is a lot more about winning than making money. He has repeatedly given a blank check when he thought it would lead to more success on the track. Yes, bringing in Junior was probably a good business deal, (although it sounds like Junior is the one that got the bulk of the money) but I don't think for a minute that money alone was the driving force behind the deal that brought him to HMS. It certainly wasn't for Junior, who turned down more money from JGR to go with Rick.

comparing his record on dirt lately to his Cup one, I would say it is not only for the money, it is for the competition also.

If dirt paid more, would be still come for the "competition?"

Hello Chevy

Big ball statement 6 months ago. Limp dick statement when we look at the Manufacturers Standings. Hard to have respect for this. Glad I drive Toyotas.

Big ball statement 6 months ago. Limp dick statement when we look at the Manufacturers Standings. Hard to have respect for this. Glad I drive Toyotas.
nobodies asking you too bud. I understand your angst, Larson bailed from preacher Joe and the asylum four along time ago.

Chevrolet is simply following NASCAR’s lead. Are you disappointed in NASCAR for reinstating Larson?

I'm reminded of the guy I watched at Richmond one night. He spent 400 laps watching the #24 go around, so he could give Gordon the finger every time he came by. That's a whole lot of attention to give to someone you supposedly dislike.
That's exhausting lol must have been quite entertaining for you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

that's a long winded opinion, nothing new there. I think I will wait until Larson is settled in over at Hendrick. I think Hendrick's stuff and resources are a notch or two better than Ganassi's. Not worried about sponsorship one bit, there are plenty of B2B's that Hendrick can call on. I don't think Larson could have landed at a better spot.
I really thought he was going to end up at SHR. Briscoe totally deserved that 14 car, though. But given Tony's previous interest in Kyle, I really thought he'd end up there.

I really thought he was going to end up at SHR. Briscoe totally deserved that 14 car, though. But given Tony's previous interest in Kyle, I really thought he'd end up there.

Rick has more money and Hass is his friend.

Chevrolet is simply following NASCAR’s lead. Are you disappointed in NASCAR for reinstating Larson?

This one is easy. Rev has always wanted Larson in a Toyota, but once it became clear that it wasn't going to happen, you're now seeing the result. Especially since that result will be a Hendrick Chevrolet.

Sour grapes is all. The racial slur controversy is just a convenient excuse. Low hanging fruit, especially from the "holier than thou" crowd.

I actually would agree that Chevy (GM) looks kind of foolish here. When the incident happened, they couldn't cut ALL ties to the guy fast enough. Now, they can't wait to take him back into the fold. Seems kind of hypocritical to me. I would have followed NASCAR's lead and put him on some kind of indefinite suspension and acknowledged a pathway for his return to the Chevy camp. This way it just looks like they are making up their own rules on the fly. My guess would be if Brad K. would have jumped ship to HMS, Chevy would care less if Larson was in a Chevy Cup car in 2021.

I actually would agree that Chevy (GM) looks kind of foolish here. When the incident happened, they couldn't cut ALL ties to the guy fast enough. Now, they can't wait to take him back into the fold. Seems kind of hypocritical to me. I would have followed NASCAR's lead and put him on some kind of indefinite suspension and acknowledged a pathway for his return to the Chevy camp. This way it just looks like they are making up their own rules on the fly. My guess would be if Brad K. would have jumped ship to HMS, Chevy would care less if Larson was in a Chevy Cup car in 2021.
Keep guessing it is entertaining at least.

My opinion is that Hendrick recognizes an opportunity to get top performance for a bargain price. The PR side of it is being carefully arranged. I think starting next fall (or summer), this thread and others with all of the doubts about Larson underachieving will get bumped in the same manner that the Harvick lost a step thread is. Larson was the best driver available by a wide margin, and I say that as a believer in Erik Jones.

My opinion is that Hendrick recognizes an opportunity to get top performance for a bargain price. The PR side of it is being carefully arranged. I think starting next fall (or summer), this thread and others with all the doubts about Larson underachieving will get bumped in the same manner that the Harvick lost a step thread is. Larson was the best driver available by a wide margin, and I say that as a believer in Erik Jones.
Leave me out of it. I am not the one trolling Larson and poor boying Hendrick :biggrin:

I think Larson instantly becomes the second best driver at HMS (Elliott is among the top three or four in the series, especially with the number of road courses on the schedule being tripled) and a second legitimate title threat.

He indirectly replaces an all-time great whose performance had lagged and was no longer a legitimate front runner.

It's about that simple. A coup for Hendrick on the track.

That's exhausting lol must have been quite entertaining for you.

Not as entertaining as the drunk* young woman at ... Richmond again? I know it was a night race. I don't recall who she was supporting, but she had an entire routine every time he'd come by. She'd start by pointing at him when he came off turn 4, then rotate her hands in circles around each other as he came past, then shoot her fingers at him six-gun style several times as he headed down the front stretch. Hell, I was getting tired looking at her.

* I assume over-indulgence is why she'd lose her balance every sixth or seventh lap.

Someone more cynical than I would suggest Chevy looked at their market demographics and concluded that those offended by Larson's remark weren't a significant slice of the customer base.

Someone more cynical than I would suggest Chevy looked at their market demographics and concluded that those offended by Larson's remark weren't a significant slice of the customer base.

Someone more cynical than I would suggest that Larson driving a Chevy makes zero difference one way or another to their sales and marketing goals.

I think Larson instantly becomes the second best driver at HMS (Elliott is among the top three or four in the series, especially with the number of road courses on the schedule being tripled) and a second legitimate title threat.

He indirectly replaces an all-time great whose performance had lagged and was no longer a legitimate front runner.

It's about that simple. A coup for Hendrick on the track.

It's only a coup if he performs a LOT better than he has up to this point. As for being the second best driver, at HMS I think Alex Bowman would have something to say about that. I will also point out that talent is not the sole determination of what works for a team and what doesn't. If it did, Kyle Busch would still be at HMS.

Not as entertaining as the drunk* young woman at ... Richmond again? I know it was a night race. I don't recall who she was supporting, but she had an entire routine every time he'd come by. She'd start by pointing at him when he came off turn 4, then rotate her hands in circles around each other as he came past, then shoot her fingers at him six-gun style several times as he headed down the front stretch. Hell, I was getting tired looking at her.

* I assume over-indulgence is why she'd lose her balance every sixth or seventh lap.
And I got almost nothing. A penticostal that we called the streetwalker (yeah I know, ya had to be there)

It's only a coup if he performs a LOT better than he has up to this point. As for being the second best driver, at HMS I think Alex Bowman would have something to say about that. I will also point out that talent is not the sole determination of what works for a team and what doesn't. If it did, Kyle Busch would still be at HMS.
no it's not. compared to Johnson the last couple of years?....think about it.

I will also point out that talent is not the sole determination of what works for a team and what doesn't. If it did, Kyle Busch would still be at HMS.

True. My read on the situation is that Larson has been forced to grow up during the past several months and figure out what he really wants, rather than coasting on raw talent and swagger. He will re-enter the series with better equipment, more maturity, and less of a tendency to drive the wheels off of everything. Those who have watched him over the summer have seen the evolution in his approach.

We'll see how it pans out.

Well let's have Jackman find a driver that was loose that could suit up and be a threat to win every time he got in the car.

True. My read on the situation is that Larson has been forced to grow up during the past several months and figure out what he really wants, rather than coasting on raw talent and swagger. He will re-enter the series with better equipment, more maturity, and less of a tendency to drive the wheels off of everything. Those who have watched him over the summer have seen the evolution in his approach.

We'll see how it pans out.

I sure how there is something to that, because like it or not, it looks like I'm going to be stuck with him.

Well let's have Jackman find a driver that was loose that could suit up and be a threat to win every time he got in the car.

When was Larson EVER that in a Cup car? I made it perfectly clear that my choices were

1) Brad K. The obvious pick IF he doesn't resign with Penske.
2) Matty D. Great persoanality, made the playoffs this year, tons of upside potential.
3) Eric Jones. A race winner just looking for a place where he will fit in and not be the odd man out.
4) Cory Lajoie. Maybe a long shot, but upside potential.
5) Noah Gragson. He's not quite ready, but he could learn on the job.

When was Larson EVER that in a Cup car? I made it perfectly clear that my choices were

1) Brad K. The obvious pick IF he doesn't resign with Penske.
2) Matty D. Great persoanality, made the playoffs this year, tons of upside potential.
3) Eric Jones. A race winner just looking for a place where he will fit in and not be the odd man out.
4) Cory Lajoie. Maybe a long shot, but upside potential.
5) Noah Gragson. He's not quite ready, but he could learn on the job.
You didn't read the question...it said find a driver that was loose.... meaning available not a wish list grasping at straws mess.

dont make me read all the bs,did hendrick sign larson, yes or no, thanks

I doubt Rick Hendrick spent any sleepness nights agonizing over who has more "upside potential" between DiBenedetto, LaJoie, and Larson.

I would have liked to have seen Jones land a Hendrick-caliber seat too.

You didn't read the question...it said find a driver that was loose.... meaning available not a wish list grasping at straws mess.

Brad MIGHT have been a reach, but he had the option to walk. At one time, a LOT of people here thought he would end up at HMS . I never thought that was a serious possibility, but I was hopeful. I think if Matty D REALLY wanted to leave, he could have been made available. The other three were DEFINITELY available.

Brad MIGHT have been a reach, but he had the option to walk. At one time, a LOT of people here thought he would end up at HMS . I never thought that was a serious possibility, but I was hopeful. I think if Matty D REALLY wanted to leave, he could have been made available. The other three were DEFINITELY available.
I recall many here were sure Burrito would be available.

Back
Top Bottom