Larson reinstated by nascar for 21

Next year Larson brings his millions of fans and is in the championship 4 with Hendrick turning away sponsors. The best thing to have ever happened to Larson is a silly make believe virus.

Not as entertaining as the drunk* young woman at ... Richmond again? I know it was a night race. I don't recall who she was supporting, but she had an entire routine every time he'd come by. She'd start by pointing at him when he came off turn 4, then rotate her hands in circles around each other as he came past, then shoot her fingers at him six-gun style several times as he headed down the front stretch. Hell, I was getting tired looking at her.

* I assume over-indulgence is why she'd lose her balance every sixth or seventh lap.
It very possible I was at that race too
I remember seeing that same scenario play out
seem to remember she was an Earnhardt fan

If dirt paid more, the more competition would be there instead, anyway.

What a minute....I have heard that the competition is awesome there, and that this proves that Larson is even more awesome. Are you saying that he is Kyle F'n Busching the dirt? This is earth shattering.

What a minute....I have heard that the competition is awesome there, and that this proves that Larson is even more awesome. Are you saying that he is Kyle F'n Busching the dirt? This is earth shattering.
Larson doesn't race against kids in yard Karts

Then why the hell did they cut him in the first place?
Six months ago, they probably felt he was a liability. Now they may think he'll be perceived as rehabilitated, or that the decision will fly under the radar. Or they may have found their initial reaction was overblown and he wasn't much of a marketing liability at all.

Six months ago, they probably felt he was a liability. Now they may think he'll be perceived as rehabilitated, or that the decision will fly under the radar. Or they may have found their initial reaction was overblown and he wasn't much of a marketing liability at all.
pretty much covers all of the bases..bottom line? he's coming back and some are butt hurt about it.

Yeah, and all of that is ****** leadership. The same kind of leadership that gets you a brand new car, and last place in the manufacturers standings.

pretty much covers all of the bases..bottom line? he's coming back and some are butt hurt about it.

I think it's embarrassing for the sport. The kid is reformed in 6 months with a promotion? We have work to do.

Yeah, and all of that is ****** leadership. The same kind of leadership that gets you a brand new car, and last place in the manufacturers standings.
I don't see what the manufacturer has to do with this. If you're upset because he's getting a 'promotion' after only 6 months of 'punishment', what difference does it matter what make he climbs into? It almost sounds like you wouldn't be (as) upset if he signed with another brand, or that you're trying to change the subject.

Well, if Ford or Toyota picked up Larson, they could say, well, GM over-reacted, we feel he has done his penance and it's time to move on. GM on the other hand, went with a full blown cutting of ties, and then six months later decided he could come back into the family. That's where I, and I think others have a problem. The reality of getting fired into a better job doesn't help the optics of the situation either. If he had ended up in the #43, I don't think people would have quite the same reaction. Kurt Busch, who had one hell of a lot better track record, had to earn his way back up the ladder when he got fired for being a jerk.

Well, if Ford or Toyota picked up Larson, they could say, well, GM over-reacted, we feel he has done his penance and it's time to move on. GM on the other hand, went with a full blown cutting of ties, and then six months later decided he could come back into the family. That's where I, and I think others have a problem. The reality of getting fired into a better job doesn't help the optics of the situation either. If he had ended up in the #43, I don't think people would have quite the same reaction. Kurt Busch, who had one hell of a lot better track record, had to earn his way back up the ladder when he got fired for being a jerk.
ask 4 or 5 random people to name one Nascar driver..You'll figure it out. Your false sense of importance is admirable, but it is B.S. for the most part. The news is on to something else

I think it's embarrassing for the sport. The kid is reformed in 6 months with a promotion? We have work to do.
You want him to fail, just say the quiet part out loud. The guy ****** up and said the gamer word to a live audience. He’s a public figure and more than that he’s a husband and a father. He’s admitted his imperfections and made purposefully himself vulnerable at the national level. He’s made himself wide open for education and maturity. He’s followed all of the necessary steps by his former employer for reinstatement and has agreed to continue to follow future guidelines of the recovery program. He’s done literally everything.

Humans are imperfect and sometimes we step in a huge pile of dog ****. You’re on a high horse about him and virtue signaling a holier than thou mentality.

You either have an unhealthy obsession with his failure or you are willfully staying ignorant and unsatisfied.

ask 4 or 5 random people to name one Nascar driver..You'll figure it out. Your false sense of importance is admirable, but it is B.S. for the most part. The news is on to something else

Then why was GM so quick to cut all ties with him if nobody cares or pays attention? You can't have it both ways. One of the definitions of integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is looking. Either GM was right to fire him, or they were right to re-hire him. They can't be both, not six months apart.

Then why was GM so quick to cut all ties with him if nobody cares or pays attention? You can't have it both ways. One of the definitions of integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is looking. Either GM was right to fire him, or they were right to re-hire him. They can't be both, not six months apart.
Might have been because it was airing on national news ya think? People who didn't know Larson from a hole in the wall were having him piped into their living rooms. It ain't happening now bud. He didn't work for GM, I have no idea where you got that..get your ever changing stories straight

No, he doesn't technically work for GM, but I'm sure he had a personal serives arrangement with them, and without their support, their was likely no way Chip could have kept him on the track, even IF the sponsors has stood behind him. I guess what you are saying is that it is perfectly OK to cut a guy loose when everyone IS watching, and then it's OK to totally reverse course when everybody has moved on. Remind me not to ever have any personal or business dealings with you.

No, he doesn't technically work for GM, but I'm sure he had a personal serives arrangement with them, and without their support, their was likely no way Chip could have kept him on the track, even IF the sponsors has stood behind him. I guess what you are saying is that it is perfectly OK to cut a guy loose when everyone IS watching, and then it's OK to totally reverse course when everybody has moved on. Remind me not to ever have any personal or business dealings with you.
You conviently forget that Larson went above and beyond what he needed to do to get re-in stated..How many times do you have to do the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Larson appears genuine. He has the support he needs.

Redemption, unlike a prison sentence, is not time limited.

GM had every chance to specify that the "termination" was "time limited" and conditional, and they chose NOT to do that. If they HAD, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. It's GM's usual bungling of the situation that bothers me. Larson is just doing what he has to do to earn a paycheck.

That statement shows that you sir are a hypocrite. What you just said is there is no
forgiveness for an error.

I guess what you are saying is that it is perfectly OK to cut a guy loose when everyone IS watching, and then it's OK to totally reverse course when everybody has moved on.
It’s okay to cut a guy loose when he could danage the company. It’s okay to rehire him when he’s demonstrated he lnows what he did wrong and says he wouldn’t do it again.

As to whether anyone is watching, remember that nothing has been announced yet. We don’t know what the media will cover or how the public will react. You make it sound like redemption is never publicly acceptable.

That statement shows that you sir are a hypocrite. What you just said is there is no
forgiveness for an error.

Not at all. That's what GM said when they flat out cut him loose. Now that they need a driver for one of their premier teams, they are willing to forget that and decide that he is "employable" again. For once, NASCAR got it right, by giving a suspension with terms for reinstatement. GM COULD have done the exact same thing, but didn't, as they were likely so afraid of backlash at the time to do what was right. I will also point out that once again, I didn't START this line of thought, all I did was agree with someone else that already had.

You want him to fail, just say the quiet part out loud. The guy ****** up and said the gamer word to a live audience. He’s a public figure and more than that he’s a husband and a father. He’s admitted his imperfections and made purposefully himself vulnerable at the national level. He’s made himself wide open for education and maturity. He’s followed all of the necessary steps by his former employer for reinstatement and has agreed to continue to follow future guidelines of the recovery program. He’s done literally everything.

Humans are imperfect and sometimes we step in a huge pile of dog ****. You’re on a high horse about him and virtue signaling a holier than thou mentality.

You either have an unhealthy obsession with his failure or you are willfully staying ignorant and unsatisfied.

Yeah, BS on the personal attack stuff. I don't want him to fail. I want his change to be real....and honestly, I don't see professional athletes as role models. I don't trust them in that respect because they are not worthy of trust--we don't know them. The dude drives a car really fast, but he went to places we cannot tolerate. Just because he says something, doesn't mean dick to me. He is a race car driver. Let me be really clear about this....I hope that Kyle Larson is a changed man and is part of the change this world has to have....I don't want him to win races because he isn't in one of MY Toyotas--nothing changes there. The fact of the matter is that he had a lot of reasons to "change," and much of it has to do with $. I am skeptical when it comes to the "transformation" of wayward athletes--particularly when they come out the other end in better shape then when they entered.

I don't see what the manufacturer has to do with this. If you're upset because he's getting a 'promotion' after only 6 months of 'punishment', what difference does it matter what make he climbs into? It almost sounds like you wouldn't be (as) upset if he signed with another brand, or that you're trying to change the subject.

His manufacturer could have stayed the hell out of it, but instead decided to grandstand. Now, all is well because Jim Campbell really needs him in that 5. This kind of superficial bull**** is part of the problem our world has right now. From the manufacturer's perspective, I probably would have been better had he gone to SHR...that way Chevy wouldn't be tripping on his dick....and personally, I don't want him anywhere near MY Toyotas, so I hope that Hendrick has him wrapped up for a long time.

....and personally, I don't want him anywhere near MY Toyotas, so I hope that Hendrick has him wrapped up for a long time.
No worries there.he's already been there done that and it sounds like some are still butt hurt about it. I don't think any manufacturer or Cup driver would have done anything differently but the self righteous B.S. about it has been amusing

I want his change to be real.
Please explain what else he needs to do for you to see his change as “real”.

For what it’s worth, you described that we do not personally know these celebrities. So how can you determine what about him is real and is not real?

So far, what you said is a tautologic word salad with no real specifics.

No worries there.he's already been there done that and it sounds like some are still butt hurt about it. I don't think any manufacturer or Cup driver would have done anything differently but the self righteous B.S. about it has been amusing

Yeah, I don't know about that. Spare me the self righteous personal attack stuff. I feel strongly about this issue.

Please explain what else he needs to do for you to see his change as “real”.

For what it’s worth, you described that we do not personally know these celebrities. So how can you determine what about him is real and is not real?

So far, what you said is a tautologic word salad with no real specifics.

I'm not saying his change isn't real. I'm saying I don't know. We have to know. How? That is part of the problem isn't it? As I have noted, I hope his change is real. How about you tell me when somebody you don't know has "changed?" The point is that if he doesn't screw up, we aren't having this conversation. The burden of proof is on him. I am skeptical. Six months is a short period of time for such a significant shift in thinking--which he now admits.

I'm not saying his change isn't real. I'm saying I don't know. We have to know. How? That is part of the problem isn't it? As I have noted, I hope his change is real. How about you tell me when somebody you don't know has "changed?" The point is that if he doesn't screw up, we aren't having this conversation. The burden of proof is on him. I am skeptical. Six months is a short period of time for such a significant shift in thinking--which he now admits.
You want his change to be real and after months of attending programs, seeking education and being absolutely transparent about his personal ethics, you are still skeptical.

Please explain what else he would have needed to do for you to feel like his change is real.

You have been trolling Larson every since he blew out of the Toyota camp. How do we know you have changed?

His manufacturer could have stayed the hell out of it, but instead decided to grandstand.
What grandstanding? All I’ve seen is the reinstatement announcement from NASCAR. If you’ve seen something else from Chevy, I’d appreciate a link.

Back
Top Bottom