Larson

I think he raced the fairgrounds again last night (my Dad lives nearby) - too cool. Haven't heard how he did but I did hear Ganassi was nervous.

From his Twitter.....

Kyle Larson‏Verified account @KyleLarsonRacin Mar 29
Fast but had a lot of bad luck. Up to 8thish from 16th in 7 laps and hit a spinning car. Went to back and got ran off track next lap.

14 replies21 retweets332 likes

Brad Keselowski?
Joey Logano?
Danny Hamlin?
Kyle Busch?
Jimmie Johnson?

MAN PUT SOME RESPECK ON THEY NAMES!

We have had a lot of talented drivers since '93 come and go. Larson I think has the potential, but honestly JJ has become a legend in a 14 year span, if Larson can replicate anything like that... Especially on dirt in different disciplines and translate it to pavement...

I respect Kevin's opinion, but it's too soon to tell.

JJ ran so well right off the bat. A winner within a couple months, championship contender every year he's ran... its tough to say anyone is better than JJ thru atleast the first 10 years of his career.

I'd like to but I'm probably on enough bandwagons as is lol.

I really like him though. I was convinced back in 2014 that he would be my favorite once Gordon and Harvick retired. That scrap with Jeff at the end of Chicagoland 2014 was awesome.

It was great to see when Gordon got out of the car and gave him a that a boy, pad.

Kyle ran his home track last night at Placerville Ca on the off weekend and won the 360 Sprint Car feature. Kudos to Ganassi for allowing him to do what he truly loves....

C9g67KPUQAAsioc.jpg

Last edited:
Kyle ran his home track last night at Placerville Ca on the off weekend and won the 360 Sprint Car feature. Kudos to Ganassi for allowing him to do what he truly loves....

C9g67KPUQAAsioc.jpg
You mean putting his arm around a pretty girl?:D

C9g67KPUQAAsioc.jpg

Love all the likes for a guy going down to a lower series and beating lower drivers. Now insert Kyle Busch over Larson and watch the butthurt commence

Love all the likes for a guy going down to a lower series and beating lower drivers. Now insert Kyle Busch over Larson and watch the butthurt commence
Kenny Schrader did it for years and I don't recall anyone having a problem with it. Larson has said numerous times he wants to promote local racing and that is what he is doing and I'm sure the stands were packed. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

Kyle Larson's my 2nd favorite driver behind JJ. He's clean cut, a good driver and is going somewhere. When you have the very top drivers in Cup racing complimenting him and his racing, you have a winner in the making. Also very important to me, he's California born and raised, from Elk Grove, California 50 miles from where I live. :pbjtime:

Don't under estimate the drivers at Placerville. They know how to get around that track pretty well. But, Larson is just about unbeatable in a dirt car. The difference is that KB is an ass and KL isn't.:)

Last edited:

This is only the beginning

Earnhardt, who retire from full-time competition at the end of the 2017 season, believes the accolades are just beginning for Larson.

“I don’t believe there’s a driver that’s three-tenths (of a second) better than anybody else but I think there will be years in his career where he is considered one of the best drivers on the track,” Earnhardt said.

“He’s really, really good. Kyle (Busch) is going to lay claim to that title of being the best driver out on the track and Jimmie (Johnson) also, but I think Larson is right up in that conversation. “You have to look at the team he’s with – that team has been struggling for a while. They’ve played second fiddle to Hendrick and Gibbs at times. Now they’re not. I think he’s been a huge part of their success.

“It’s amazing when a driver can do that. Kurt Busch is the kind of driver that can do that – get in cars and take the team to the next level. Usually the drivers aren’t responsible for that. Kyle Larson is that kind of driver.”

from https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-earnhardt-kyle-larson-the-best-933116/

I don't have any issue with Kyle Busch running his late models and Snowball Derby events personally either. It's when you get into a Cup lite team in a 2nd rate series is where it gets old.

If Kyle Busch was winning WoO races, people would love it. It is truly scary how folks cannot see the difference between a 10 year Cup vet racing Xfinity races and a 24 year old junior in cup racing sprint cars.

I give Larson a big pass over Busch racing Xfinity too since he is still fresh in the sport, but he is quickly wearing out his welcome on Saturdays also imo.

I don't have any issue with Kyle Busch running his late models and Snowball Derby events personally either. It's when you get into a Cup lite team in a 2nd rate series is where it gets old.

Who knew this was such an out-of-reach concept?

That's because Larson is not an arrogant ass. (JMHO)

There's that, too

I will say there's a huge difference between racing in a NASCAR minor league and driving in a completely different vehicle against totally different pros.

Those WoO especially are some of the best open wheel drivers in America

I will say there's a huge difference between racing in a NASCAR minor league and driving in a completely different vehicle against totally different pros.

Those WoO especially are some of the best open wheel drivers in America
There's at least a half a dozen drivers at every short track and in every series that have NASCAR cup level talent, but not NASCAR cup level funding.

There's at least a half a dozen drivers at every short track and in every series that have NASCAR cup level talent, but not NASCAR cup level funding.
I don't think it is even close to that easy. I've watched quite a few try Multi year champions in their racing series and they couldn't cut it.

I don't think it is even close to that easy. I've watched quite a few try Multi year champions in their racing series and they couldn't cut it.
So Paul Menard is more talented than every short track driver?

I guess we all have an opinion of the dust up, but, what I saw was a extremely good young driver letting the 7 time know he ain't gonna put up with his BS. (JMHO)

To me JJ was the dumbass in the deal.

I guess we all have an opinion of the dust up, but, what I saw was a extremely good young driver letting the 7 time know he ain't gonna put up with his BS. (JMHO)

To me JJ was the dumbass in the deal.
Maybe JJ was, but later Larson doing the same thing with Ty Dillion put him out of the race FWIW. Larson needs to put a little "english" on those pushes.

Reactions: sdj
I had a lot of respect for him but after listening to him on the radio during races he is just a ****y dbag who thinks he is better than everyone else. last week example when jimmie johnson blocked him his response was something like "he hates us of course I wonder why" basically saying im better than a 7 time champion and jimmie johnson is jealous.. Sickening. Just another spoiled kid in nascar and another reason nobody watches anymore. The funny thing is that Ganassi is good now but we all know it never lasts. He will be such a cry baby when Ganassi is a mid level team again after running so good this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a lot of respect for him but after listening to him on the radio during races he is just a ****y dbag who thinks he is better than everyone else. last week example when jimmie johnson blocked him his response was something like "he hates us of course I wonder why" basically saying im better than a 7 time champion and jimmie johnson is jealous.. Sickening. Just another spoiled kid in nascar and another reason nobody watches anymore. The funny thing is that Ganassi is good now but we all know it never lasts. He will be such a cry baby when Ganassi is a mid level team again after running so good this year.
This is the worst post I've seen here this week ... but it is only Wednesday.

Little Kyle has been snookered two times by Jimmie on restarts that I know of, Jimmie won both times. So little Kyle is butt hurt and shows its, when he makes statements like the 48 can't handle it.

Kyle can't play AAA push wrecker with a cup car. Driving a sprinter is so much easier in that regard, car in your way? Go low or high no problem. It's a much different ballgame in cup.

Back
Top Bottom