Las Vegas test 1/31-2/1

I like racing and would love to see this work out without looking like quasi IROC

Lets give it some time, I'm not giving with the new rules either. Give it a fair crack come Atlanta, Vegas, and Fontana. I'm more curious now then aggravated by the rules. I hope it works.

I'm in same boat, this may well turn out to be entertaining, and exciting as a watcher visually. But, there's no doubt on my end, what they are aiming to do with intermediate racing.

Remember, the packages are different at short tracks. No ducts and power be around 750 at short tracks.

M'Ville, Bristol, Richmond, and New Hampshire are like that.

That response was for Spotter22. How does drafting at Richmond with a completely different package apply to what we are seeing here today?

That response was for Spotter22. How does drafting at Richmond with a completely different package apply to what we are seeing here today?
It doesnt, you guys were complaing that they called it "drafting practice" today and I simply pointed out they draft at Richmond. But like I pointed out in a previous post they call it drafting practice to seperate it from single car runs for the viewer.

Ive been a fan and a participant for over 40 years, there is no issue. I guess the racing back in the day when they were running these speeds sucked right?

This isnt simply about speed as you've tried to say. The cars were slower because they weren't capable of driving them any faster. The racing was "good" because you knew they were driving at the limits of their ability. The racing was "good" last year. They are fixing what is not broken.

If they are spending more time on-throttle, with more stability thanks to increased downforce, how do you reckon? Is this in the "Daytona and Talladega are chess matches" type of way?

I recon what some of the experts said, set the car up for a long run to be faster at the end of the run, or do you set the car up for short runs?

This isnt simply about speed as you've tried to say. The cars were slower because they weren't capable of driving them any faster. The racing was "good" because you knew they were driving at the limits of their ability. The racing was "good" last year. They are fixing what is not broken.
OK. Cant help ya.

At least we have Daytona to look forward to — but as the Checkered Flag waves and track workers clean up the last Big One

the cold hard reality of the unknown will sink in...

This is really the greatest way to showcase the best stock car racing talent in the world, make the cars handle well while flat footing it.

This may well turn out to be The Great Flat Footing of our time. :D

dedicated to SOI. :D

This isnt possible, they are all wide open running the same speeds. No way the 3 is almost 3 tenths faster then second place.
This was from earlier in the day when they weren't running in a pack. Get a good tow from someone else on one particular lap and you have a huge lap time. I saw it happen with Bowyer on Newman for one.

will the cup cars ever be fast enough for the maddening crowd, tune in all next year for as the Nascar turns. :D

This was from earlier in the day when they weren't running in a pack. Get a good tow from someone else on one particular lap and you have a huge lap time. I saw it happen with Bowyer on Newman for one.
Of course you know it was sarcasm. I know they werent in a pack, I also saw the 25 lap run and they werent in a pack but I saw passing and I saw cars run each other down.

Of course you know it was sarcasm. I know they werent in a pack, I also saw the 25 lap run and they werent in a pack but I saw passing and I saw cars run each other down.
wait man, all ya heard was pack racing out of a bunch of em..now we saw pack racing right? :D:p so beings as though we didn't see that, it's time for flat footing..and when that doesn't happen they will find something else to tear up about, I know they can do it.

Lets give it some time, I'm not giving with the new rules either. Give it a fair crack come Atlanta, Vegas, and Fontana. I'm more curious now then aggravated by the rules. I hope it works.
will the cup cars ever be fast enough for the maddening crowd, tune in all next year for as the Nascar turns. :D

This is what I'm shooting for, and then hopefully 1100 hp in 2020. Lmao :D

This is more than reasonable, I’m trying my best to go in with an open mind. I’ll make a judgement after Atlanta, Vegas, Fontana and Texas. That’s all done by April-ish. We’ll go from there, I’m hoping I like the new package, I just didn’t see the need to change IMO the racing has been good since about 2014.

So let me get this straight, the cars are the slowest they have been since like 1976 and they dont even need to get out the gas until the tires are worn? Might as well let them race go karts lmao how is this better then last years setups? I think nascar is trying to even the playing field so scrubs like austin dillon can race up front with the big boys

It's a constant cat n mouse between the teams and Nascar, the cat has been asleep for quite awhile, but the new cat Jim is awake and on the job. It is going to be a great year IMO. Changes on the fly again I bet.

It's a constant cat n mouse between the teams and Nascar, the cat has been asleep for quite awhile, but the new cat Jim is awake and on the job. It is going to be a great year IMO. Changes on the fly again I bet.

I'm slowly starting to understand it. Now with the package as is its basically to a point where everyone can lean on aero. At the same time, one of the biggest complaints last year was not being able to consistently race side-by-side or folks getting near that left rear quarter panel and spinning out. This alleviates that issue with the ducts and increased spoiler size to an extent. Now, with aero being the same no one can complain about "tips and tricks" with the aero.

Going into a lengthy run it will be about who has the best chassis in being able to deal with coming off-throttle or holding it down still. This is where you say 20-30+ laps into a run where its in the drivers hands to keep up.

I'm slow, but I'm starting to mentally come around. I see why some are excited about this package now.

They did the same thing at 1970’s go-kart tracks. Keep the power down so just about any kid could drive them. Of course there were a lot more turns on those little courses —

so the Cup drivers have an easier track to go along with their ultra-expensive detuned engines... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom