Las Vegas test 1/31-2/1

I'll expect you to come on here and admit you were wrong after the Vegas race. You will not see Daytona and Talladega type races no matter how many times you say it.

Nobody is saying the whole field is going to draft in a pack together at Vegas if that's what you're thinking.

There's going to be small packs all over the place (some bigger than others) with car and driver that otherwise wouldn't be able to hang if it wasn't for the draft tow new package. Then it will get to single file follow the leader eventually with air becoming a real problem where nobody wants to get out of line or can afford to get out of line. That's very Daytona when it gets spread out on the long run. So, yes we will see that "type" of racing IMO.

Bring on the entertainment.

Nobody is saying the whole field is going to draft in a pack together at Vegas if that's what you're thinking.

There's going to be small packs all over the place (some bigger than others) with car and driver that otherwise wouldn't be able to hang if it wasn't for the draft tow new package. Then it will get to single file follow the leader eventually with air becoming a real problem where nobody wants to get out of line or can afford to get out of line. That's very Daytona when it gets spread out on the long run. So, yes we will see that "type" of racing IMO.

Bring on the entertainment.
Oh not that kind of pack.

Can't say I'm a fan of the new package but on the flip side mile and a half races have sucked anyway.

As long as they leave the short tracks alone I guess I can live with them continuing to tinker with the cookie cutters.

I’ll definitely take Kyle’s word over people that have to buy a ticket to get anywhere near the track.
Beings though you didn't see the test, and this has been repeated before maybe this will get thru maybe not, KDB passed all of the cars in the test and was leading when they yellow flagged the test session. Now you may have something in common with Kyle, a kinship so to speak, because he apparently didn't know he was leading the session, or he was lying his ass off.

Beings though you didn't see the test, and this has been repeated before maybe this will get thru maybe not, KDB passed all of the cars in the test and was leading when they yellow flagged the test session. Now you may have something in common with Kyle, a kindship so to speak, because he apparently didn't know he was leading the session, or he was lying his ass off.

IDK what you are talking about. Kyle said anyone can drive one of these cars. I don’t think he was being literal but the cars being easy to drive was a concern of mine.

The first test was pretty similar to the Xfinity at Indy race I thought. There was a lead pack separated from the slower cars. IDK where KDB comes up with this sheet, he passed the second place car and was leading when they threw the caution. He ain't right.

Anybody that missed the practice and has the bandwidth

There was a period before he dropped to the back of the field where he was stalled behind Keselowski for several laps. That's what he's talking about.

Seems like it's very dependent upon when and how you time your runs.

I think they need a little more HP personally but reminded me a lot of Indycar racing honestly and I’m all for it

4 wide thru the chute, can't say I have ever seen that blew dust everywhere, 3 wide in the corners, and this session was by far the raciest, ain't nobody stalled, Johnson was side by side for first place dropped way back and came back up to the front and with Boyer caught Kyle before they threw the checker. And Kyle who never told a lie, says he can't pass the first place car did it again. :p They put a couple of slower cars in the front. Dibentato, and Ragan, and Matt held them off for about a lap before Kez got by him, I don't know what happened to Ragan. Johnson was lead pack again, looked like he was sandbagging a bit.

4 wide thru the chute, can't say I have ever seen that blew dust everywhere, 3 wide in the corners, and this session was by far the raciest, ain't nobody stalled, Johnson was side by side for first place dropped way back and came back up to the front and with Boyer caught Kyle before they threw the checker. And Kyle who never told a lie, says he can't pass the first place car did it again. :p They put a couple of slower cars in the front. Dibentato, and Ragan, and Matt held them off for about a lap before Kez got by him, I don't know what happened to Ragan. Johnson was lead pack again, looked like he was sandbagging a bit.
Kyle probably parked his car over in the 3rd turn and made his crew come get it he hates driving it so much.

All in all, I liked what I saw today, being a WIP, believe it will only get better.
I have a feeling just like the trucks the first couple of stages they are going to crank on them and the last segment all hell is going to break loose. This test was a lot like that today, they had them pretty right at the last.

Oh Kyle?
Criticism of the package
Propst acknowledges there are drivers who continue to voice their displeasure with the new package – including Kyle Busch on Thursday – but he hopes the package is ultimately judged on the quality of racing it produces.

During a media availability Thursday, Busch repeated his criticism that the new aero package takes the “driver skill away from the drivers."

“These drivers, some or going to love it, some are going to hate it, no matter what we race. I was just encourage fans who are on the fence to give it a try, I think they are going to be pleasantly surprised at what they see at the race track,” Propst said.

“For the drivers we know who don’t like it, they are very good at what they do and they get paid a really good chunk of money to do things that take a lot of talent. If they want to spout off about (this racing) not needing a whole lot of talent, then eventually that will hit them in the pocketbook, too.

“They should be careful.”
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/las-vegas-aero-package-test/4331365/

Anyone wanting to see something positive will have seen it today. Those that want to believe
there is nothing positive will always be finding fault.

Did you get a chance to watch any of it yet?
Yes I did. Wasn't very impressed with what was being shown on Nascar.com but some of the links posted here were better. Problem is I got disgusted and left. Then watched some links when it was all over. It was a practice set up for the test so we are not getting real racing. However it did get the juices flowing in anticipation. I also enjoyed reading the positive posts on here.

Oh Kyle?
Criticism of the package
Propst acknowledges there are drivers who continue to voice their displeasure with the new package – including Kyle Busch on Thursday – but he hopes the package is ultimately judged on the quality of racing it produces.

During a media availability Thursday, Busch repeated his criticism that the new aero package takes the “driver skill away from the drivers."

“These drivers, some or going to love it, some are going to hate it, no matter what we race. I was just encourage fans who are on the fence to give it a try, I think they are going to be pleasantly surprised at what they see at the race track,” Propst said.

“For the drivers we know who don’t like it, they are very good at what they do and they get paid a really good chunk of money to do things that take a lot of talent. If they want to spout off about (this racing) not needing a whole lot of talent, then eventually that will hit them in the pocketbook, too.

Ooooh. Kyle and a bunch of other drivers may be put on double secret probation for being honest.

Oh Kyle?
Criticism of the package

John Propst (NASCAR Vice President of Innovation and Racing Development) the main idea guy behind introducing this new package, has nothing but good things to say about the package, shocker!

Then he throws in a threat at the end, if you criticize the package we're gonna nail you with a fine, tread carefully.

Anyone wanting to see something positive will have seen it today. Those that want to believe
there is nothing positive will always be finding fault.

I will need to see some actual races in order to make a decision. I liked last year’s racing and on principle I’m not happy about dumbing things down.

John Propst (NASCAR Vice President of Innovation and Racing Development) the main idea guy behind introducing this new package, has nothing but good things to say about the package, shocker!

Then he throws in a threat at the end, if you criticize the package we're gonna nail you with a fine, tread carefully.
That is because they put a mike in front of that clown that only shows up and drives a car and he effects everybody that makes a living in Nascar. Like duh? But that ego maniac will do any WWE thing he can do to get his face out there.

This Probst guy fits in perfectly with Nascar. He embarrassed himself and he doesn’t even know it.

That is because they put a mike in front of that clown that only shows up and drives a car and he effects everybody that makes a living in Nascar. Like duh? But that ego maniac will do any WWE thing he can do to get his face out there.
Nailed it

This Probst guy fits in perfectly with Nascar. He embarrassed himself and he doesn’t even know it.
How so? Because he is defending a product that has yet to be put in to competition, a product that still may be tweaked a little after this TEST is over? TEST being the operative word, on the contrary Kyle Busch actually embarassed himself by jumping the gun before one lap under competition has been run. Since it so easy for him now he can run along and go do something else that he finds challenging.

Back
Top Bottom