Lowe's will not sponsor Johnson in 2019

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Saw this coming when they only signed a 1 year extension. Looks like my bold prediction is closer to reality too. Also they are out of NASCAR entirely not just HMS.

That's a shock, but when you think about it after a certain amount of time pretty much every big sponsor leaves the sport. After so many years the advertising in one area gets old and you are no longer getting your ROI.

No sponsorship deal lasts forever, I guess. Home Depot left a while ago, and that makes it much easier for Lowe's to do the same, given their poor corporate financial performance. I've heard reports from insiders that Lowe's is paying less than before, and that is squeezing Hendrick's margin. I believe Allenbaba has alluded to that here.

Meanwhile, Menard's continues to expand their investment in racing. Clearly, they think they are getting good ROI or they wouldn't be branching out into more and more racing series.

That doesn't necessarily mean they're leaving the sport though. Unless that reads somewhere that I missed.

I just read about this, wow. I really hope the team can find an equally high caliber sponsor in 2019.

I don't feel one bit of quilt shopping at Home Depot more than Lowe's, the times I have, I found the employees to be rude and very useless, so Home Depot it .
I am not surprised they are leaving, like already stated, the one year extension was a big clue, and the switch from Lowes to their Pro thingy kind stood out as bit odd.
This one's a pretty big deal, Lowe's has been in the sport on the Cup level since 1995. I figured Lowe's would be on the 48 until Jimmie called it quits at least.
He is signed thru 2020, I see that being his last year.
You are not the only one, I thought that too, him, Chad, and Lowes would ride off into the sunset together.

No sponsorship deal lasts forever, I guess. Home Depot left a while ago, and that makes it much easier for Lowe's to do the same, given their poor corporate financial performance. I've heard reports from insiders that Lowe's is paying less than before, and that is squeezing Hendrick's margin. I believe Allenbaba has alluded to that here.

Meanwhile, Menard's continues to expand their investment in racing. Clearly, they think they are getting good ROI or they wouldn't be branching out into more and more racing series.
John Menard likes racing and he can afford it, that's all there is to that.

No positive spin yet other than HD left, Lowe’s is going but Menards is still in it. I suppose the 48 car will have a patchwork quilt of sponsors including Hendrick Cars and maybe Gene Haas will throw a little Haas Automation love to HMS. The creeping malaise continues to permeate through NASCAR and partners.

Hendrick will have something. The good thing is that the news has been of Lowe's is official giving the team time to dig up some more sponsorship for JJ.

At the same time, it depends if JJ feels like calling it quits. Very interesting development.

Not really sure that Menards sees it as good advertising as much as John Menard likes racing and that's what he wants to put his money into

Hendrick will have something. The good thing is that the news has been of Lowe's is official giving the team time to dig up some more sponsorship for JJ.
At the same time, it depends if JJ feels like calling it quits. Very interesting development.
There is blood in the water and I am sure both JJ and Chad will be taking a significant pay cut next year if they continue on. Do you do it for the love of it at this point.
Not really sure that Menards sees it as good advertising as much as John Menard likes racing and that's what he wants to put his money into
Well that and if he wasn’t stroking a check to Penske his kid would be a loss prevention associate at a Menards in Milwaukee

No positive spin yet other than HD left, Lowe’s is going but Menards is still in it. I suppose the 48 car will have a patchwork quilt of sponsors including Hendrick Cars and maybe Gene Haas will throw a little Haas Automation love to HMS. The creeping malaise continues to permeate through NASCAR and partners.
Haas giving money to a rival, and a Chevy team? Not

I still prefer Lowes over Home Depot --- simply because I can find things more easily.
The local HD is a crammed to the ceiling mess. Narrow aisles, no decent signs telling you what's on the aisle. Little nooks and crannies
that get me completely turned around and lost.
Same here.

New primary sponsor... How much u wanna bet it's more like 3 or 4? No way they find someone to sponsor every race.. that doesn't happen any more. He was one of (if not) the only car to have a full year sponsorship.

Put me down for supporting local hardware and lumber yards and any other place I can patronize. Local small businesses do a lot for local communities and the proprietors are my friends and neighbors.

Hendrick lost a 15 million dollar a year sponsor and NASCAR gained a million
dollar a year pole award company in Busch Beer. I don’t see where that is anywhere close to being even.

Times are just changing.

Sponsors are not going to pay that amount anymore. I bet Nationwide and Axalta got discounts because of who is behind the wheel now... The bubble burst, we know this. Now, what's going to determine the market is the primary sponsor deal and then things will really roll.

Back
Top Bottom