Lowe's will not sponsor Johnson in 2019

I haven't heard LOWES say that. You know where LOWES is going to spend their savings on other advertising? I've never heard a negative comment from LOWES about NASCAR. JJ and Lowes go together like Earnhardt and GM Goodwrench. And GM was Srs primary on four of his titles, not all seven. LOWES in my opinion has had more exposure at Cup events, than most others. And LOWES had to contend with the never ending saturation of Jr. And, PLEASE no one take that as a JR bash, not meant to be. NASCAR rode that horse to death, while JJ/Hendrick and LOWES was stacking up hardware. LOWES will forever be associated with winning in NASCAR. And when JJ is rightfully enshrined in the HoF, I bet there will be a pic, or several pics of the 48/LOWES car on display from now on. LOWES may never spend another dime in NASCAR, But they got their moneys worth.

I never said Lowe's did not get their money's worth sponsoring the 11, 31 and 48 cars. I said they had better things to do with 20 million bucks. Based on what I have read about Lowe's it is not likely they will allocate the 20 million they will save on any advertising expenditure.

I never said that Lowe's would not get residual results from previous years of advertising. I said they were not getting a good enough ROI.

Dunno what Dale's Wrangler or Goodwrench sponsorship has to do with any of this or that he drove a Ford for Bud Moore for that matter.

I haven't heard LOWES say that. You know where LOWES is going to spend their savings on other advertising? I've never heard a negative comment from LOWES about NASCAR. JJ and Lowes go together like Earnhardt and GM Goodwrench. And GM was Srs primary on four of his titles, not all seven. LOWES in my opinion has had more exposure at Cup events, than most others. And LOWES had to contend with the never ending saturation of Jr. And, PLEASE no one take that as a JR bash, not meant to be. NASCAR rode that horse to death, while JJ/Hendrick and LOWES was stacking up hardware. LOWES will forever be associated with winning in NASCAR. And when JJ is rightfully enshrined in the HoF, I bet there will be a pic, or several pics of the 48/LOWES car on display from now on. LOWES may never spend another dime in NASCAR, But they got their moneys worth.

Yep it was a good run, and yeah although Johnson was racking up win after win, the team had to contend with the haters while his teammate got all of the accolades and didn't win a race for years. Hopefully history in the years to come will straighten that out. I would really like to see Johnson make a run for #8 this year or next. Hendrick had two drivers with the 24 and the 48 that were dynasties by themselves. That seldom happens.

I never said Lowe's did not get their money's worth sponsoring the 11, 31 and 48 cars. I said they had better things to do with 20 million bucks. Based on what I have read about Lowe's it is not likely they will allocate the 20 million they will save on any advertising expenditure.

I never said that Lowe's would not get residual results from previous years of advertising. I said they were not getting a good enough ROI.

Dunno what Dale's Wrangler or Goodwrench sponsorship has to do with any of this or that he drove a Ford for Bud Moore for that matter.

I ain't too smart. What's the difference in "moneys worth" and "return on investment"? Seems to be in the same family.

I ain't too smart. What's the difference in "moneys worth" and "return on investment"? Seems to be in the same family.

Getting your money's worth is something that has already happened and ROI is something you expect but is not yet known. In this case Lowe's got their money's worth but felt the return on the 20 million going out was no longer worth it. In my own life I have investments that have been worthwhile for a period of time but then no longer perform at the rate they once did so I sell them and buy something else either on my own or with guidance from others.

Getting your money's worth is something that has already happened and ROI is something you expect but is not yet known.

Wrong. ROI can only be accurately measured by past performance.

Beyond that, you have no idea what is going on at Lowe’s. That is obvious.

Getting your money's worth is something that has already happened and ROI is something you expect but is not yet known. In this case Lowe's got their money's worth but felt the return on the 20 million going out was no longer worth it. In my own life I have investments that have been worthwhile for a period of time but then no longer perform at the rate they once did so I sell them and buy something else either on my own or with guidance from others.

Did LOWES tell you they werent getting a ROI? I've never heard them mention it. You think STP stayed with Petty all the way til the end of his driving career for ROI only? Or did they stay because over the years it had been very good for both parties. The death watchers and naysayers have already decided NASCAR is done with. I saw a pie chart on this very forum that showed NASCAR received one of the largest two chunks of all the green spent on motorsports. LOWES leaving ain't the end of the world. How can you know they're not satisfied with ROI, but you do know that they're not planning on spending that money elsewhere. Pure speculation.

Wrong. ROI can only be accurately measured by past performance.

Beyond that, you have no idea what is going on at Lowe’s. That is obvious.
Yep.
Did LOWES tell you they werent getting a ROI? I've never heard them mention it. You think STP stayed with Petty all the way til the end of his driving career for ROI only? Or did they stay because over the years it had been very good for both parties. The death watchers and naysayers have already decided NASCAR is done with. I saw a pie chart on this very forum that showed NASCAR received one of the largest two chunks of all the green spent on motorsports. LOWES leaving ain't the end of the world. How can you know they're not satisfied with ROI, but you do know that they're not planning on spending that money elsewhere. Pure speculation.
And Yep.

clap.gif

Unless Johnson does it this season, it's a big opportunity for a sponsor to have their name etched in history IF Johnson becomes the first ever eight champion of the series.

His place in Nascar History is assured. Petty had his day, then Dale ruled his era and now Jimmy has set the benchmark for any future champions. I doubt anyone will attain 7 never mind 8 championships. I guess what I like most about him is he is a gentleman. I like the idea that he wants a sponsor who will follow him when his career includes more than just Nascar.

Long and sorry to disagree but I didn't think it was worth the read. I kept thinking when is this going to be over and to me made Jimmie look like someone who has way too much money...which I guess he does...

I disagree, because I think it gives a nice insight about how serious Jimmie is about being at his physical and mental best to continue to compete at a high level and how he is willing to change to be more of the type of leader his team needs. I think there is a lesson there for a LOT of people. As for the money, I NEVER begrudge anyone who has achieved a high level of success and wealth, especially when they have done it the right way. I have always wanted to be filthy rich too, so it would be very hypocritical of me to complain about somebody who has what I want.

I disagree, because I think it gives a nice insight about how serious Jimmie is about being at his physical and mental best to continue to compete at a high level and how he is willing to change to be more of the type of leader his team needs. I think there is a lesson there for a LOT of people. As for the money, I NEVER begrudge anyone who has achieved a high level of success and wealth, especially when they have done it the right way. I have always wanted to be filthy rich too, so it would be very hypocritical of me to complain about somebody who has what I want.
I never said I had a problem with the money he has earned. I agree he deserves it. What I really meant was I did not see why the author felt it was important to share some of those things. I can see where my wording of "way to much money" was probably not the best choice I could have made.

Long and sorry to disagree but I didn't think it was worth the read. I kept thinking when is this going to be over and to me made Jimmie look like someone who has way too much money...which I guess he does...
I am excited about the fact that he’s thinking of racing in something other than NASCAR when he’s done full time in Cup. However they all have said that and rarely amounted to anything, look at Gordon I thought he’d race some sports car races and he’s only done the 17 Rolex 24. Hopefully Jimmie races more.

I am excited about the fact that he’s thinking of racing in something other than NASCAR when he’s done full time in Cup. However they all have said that and rarely amounted to anything, look at Gordon I thought he’d race some sports car races and he’s only done the 17 Rolex 24. Hopefully Jimmie races more.

I think he is talking about foot and bike races lol

Jimmie's said on numerous occasions that he'd like to transition to part-time while running other series as well. That is probably less feasible with the charter system intact, but it's how he'd like to exit the sport. Not sure if Gordon ever said anything explicit like that.

Somewhat on-topic...here is Jimmie taking a C6.R for a spin (literally).

Reactions: sdj
Uh, wouldn't Monster have something to say about that, at least through 2019?
He can run a Red Bull color scheme with no logos or decals, a la Jeff Burton. :)

Really though, I imagine that is an obstacle all parties would be willing to get over considering everyone knows Monster is a lame duck. And HMS would probably not be having discussions with them if they thought otherwise.

He can run a Red Bull color scheme with no logos or decals, a la Jeff Burton. :)

Really though, I imagine that is an obstacle all parties would be willing to get over considering everyone knows Monster is a lame duck. And HMS would probably not be having discussions with them if they thought otherwise.

Pepsi company might have something to say.

Give me Jimmie pushing the Gatorade brand.

Yeah, I figured HMS must know something I don't. Then again, that isn't saying much.

Pepsi company might have something to say.

Give me Jimmie pushing the Gatorade brand.
Right, its already an issue with Monster being the Series sponsor , cant imagine how that would work with that major conflict between RB and Pepsi, but like pointed out, HMS clearly knows something we may not.

Back
Top Bottom