Matt DiBenedetto appreciation thread

Backstabbing? Which part of this is Christopher Bell's fault? Where in any of this is he a bad actor?
Read it again Andy. That wasn't against Bell. The backstabbers are the manipulators behind him.

Well...... Matt kept the seat warm until Preacher Joe and Toyota thought Bell would be ready for Cup. Thats all I can conclude, it might not be that complicated, no conspiracy theories needed .
It's that Matt has exceeded expectations of him. He outperformed and now everyone one is left with egg on their faces with a great driver out of a ride.

Reddit doesn't own a team or pay the bills.
2 years ago, Matt Dibenedetto

ltcldxb8m4cz.jpg

Don’t count them out.

2 years ago, Matt Dibenedetto

ltcldxb8m4cz.jpg

Don’t count them out.

Social media and other outlets can mobilize all they want -- but this decision is not about them and their opinions.

But they (Reddit or their "300k NASCAR fans") are welcome to come in and try to put a Deal together in the ultra-expensive complex modern sports era to marry Team Owner, Manufacturer, Driver, etc etc -- with Big Money sponsorship dollars. :D

Social media and other outlets can mobilize all they want -- but this decision is not about them and their opinions.

But they (Reddit or their "300k NASCAR fans") are welcome to come in and try to put a Deal together in the ultra-expensive complex modern sports era to marry Team Owner, Manufacturer, Driver, etc etc -- with Big Money sponsorship dollars. :D
Im lost where this became a bash reddit post.

That subreddit is massive, has had countless drivers and NASCAR personalities on for AMAs, has sponsored more than one car and has an influence at the race track.

This forum has done none of that and thats just fine. Its not a dick sizing contest.

Im lost where this became a bash reddit post.

That subreddit is massive, has had countless drivers and NASCAR personalities on for AMAs, has sponsored more than one car and has an influence at the race track.

This forum has done none of that and thats just fine. Its not a dick sizing contest.

Simple -- Driver Choice is NOT their (or their users') business. Trying to leverage that social media platform as you have tried to do by mentioning their 300k NASCAR fans was your attempt to make those fans and Reddit relevant to the Matt D drama. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Again, for Reddit, it is not their business to choose a driver; and for their users, it is not their business, it is their entertainment -- which means zip-point-sh1t to running a Team and choosing a driver. :)

Simple -- Driver Choice is NOT their (or their users') business. Trying to leverage that social media platform as you have tried to do by mentioning their 300k NASCAR fans was your attempt to make those fans and Reddit relevant to the Matt D drama. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Again, for Reddit, it is not their business to choose a driver;and for their users, it is not their business, it is their entertainment -- which means zip-point-sh1t to running a Team and choosing a driver.
yeah they are all afoot and don't buy cars over there or anything Nascar related.. :cuckoo:

It's that Matt has exceeded expectations of him. He outperformed and now everyone one is left with egg on their faces with a great driver out of a ride.
Great? That word is thrown around way to much. When I think of Matty D...... I dont think of great. Sure LFR might be wrong in a "moral" sense for showing Matt the door, but its a business decision. LFR/JGR/TRD all made a business decision to keep a stud prospect in house. Two stud prospects actually. Egg or not its the right move.

Great? That word is thrown around way to much. When I think of Matty D...... I dont think of great. Sure LFR might be wrong for showing Matt the door, but its a business decision. LFR/JGR/TRD all made a business decision to keep a stud prospect in house. Two stud prospects actually. Egg or not its the right move.
I almost edited to Good......but I thought I was a little late.

yeah they are all afoot and don't buy cars over there or anything Nascar related.. :cuckoo:

I own 2 Fords at the moment and many in the past (new from the Dealer) -- do I get to tell SHR or Penske who their Drivers will be?

I once bought a NASCAR souvenir 17 Zest bar of soap (IIRC) at the Daytona Summer Race from the Souvenir Hauler -- do I get to tell RFR who their Drivers will be?

The answer is a resounding "NO" and "NO". ;)

Again, for Reddit, it is not their business to choose a driver; and for their users, it is not their business, it is their entertainment -- which means zip-point-sh1t to running a Team and choosing a driver. :)

Sponsors choose drivers ALL OF THE TIME. If you pony up the cash, the team will put in whoever you want, assuming they're available.

He'll prolly get used motors to run out the season......TRD and JGR don't want him looking any better than he already does. It's not a good look.
Yeah ... probably. Or maybe not.

The 95 Darlington car had its engine installed last week ... or the week before that.

The real question here is if Matty D would run across this fine place and click on this very thread that bears his name....would he feel appreciated??? I’m not feeling the appreciation

:rolleyes:

Such a subtle shift to "influence" -- really, you're better than that. It can mean almost anything, therefore, mean next to nothing...

Sponsors choose drivers ALL OF THE TIME. If you pony up the cash, the team will put in whoever you want, assuming they're available.
Irrespective of your declarative statement masquerading as a fact, ALL CAPS or otherwise, what you’ve written here is nonsense. Google “occasionally”.

The best part of the nonsense ... “assuming they’re available”.

Bob is the good guy and I'm sure he appreciates what Matt D has been able to do in the 95 car. His team is giving Matt a good machine to showcase his talent; but what does he get for it -- Matt D telling him to go have his head examined, then taking credit for how good the 95 car is running.

Bob has to navigate around Toyota, JGR, NASCAR, etc; and who besides Bob knows ALL the other issues he's dealing with, as he builds up his organization to make a run for the Playoffs in the next two races. And if not, he's got to keep the momentum of all his organization's hard work going into next year.

I hope he gives Matt D great cars so everyone in-house can celebrate success this year. But if Bob believes that his organization can benefit with a Driver change and has an opportunity to do so -- then he has a responsibility to work to make that change happen, subject to the constraints of business, contracts/agreements, NASCAR rules, etc.

Bob is the good guy and I'm sure he appreciates what Matt D has been able to do in the 95 car. His team is giving Matt a good machine to showcase his talent; but what does he get for it -- Matt D telling him to go have his head examined, then taking credit for how good the 95 car is running.

Bob has to navigate around Toyota, JGR, NASCAR, etc; and who besides Bob knows ALL the other issues he's dealing with, as he builds up his organization to make a run for the Playoffs in the next two races. And if not, he's got to keep the momentum of all his organization's hard work going into next year.

I hope he gives Matt D great cars so everyone in-house can celebrate success this year. But if Bob believes that his organization can benefit with a Driver change and has an opportunity to do so -- then he has a responsibility to work to make that change happen, subject to the constraints of business, contracts/agreements, NASCAR rules, etc.

He could have been talking about the mother ship, who the hell knows, not you or I

Pretty sure that Matt D has enough common sense to realize that if the situation was more in Bob Leavine's hands, things wouldn't be going down this way.

Now I'll admit, like aunty, I think this is probably the first post in this thread by you that makes sense. I don't know what your beef is with athletes showing emotion, especially after coming so close to seeing years of hard work pay off, but your post here shows that you're not completely blind to what all is going on and what all is at stake here.

Has there ever been a thread where we wanted the mods to cut 80% of the posts so we could read what the thread was created for? I have had posts deleted and I have no clue why...this one is baaaaaaaad

Has there ever been a thread where we wanted the mods to cut 80% of the posts so we could read what the thread was created for? I have had posts deleted and I have no clue why...this one is baaaaaaaad
your doin a fair job yourself :cool:

Your point that Gibbs and Toyota will give LFR more support with Bell is spot on, and very underestimated in the big scheme of things. If you were Bob, what would you do? It's obvious.
It's not obvious to me. It's not obvious that a one-year free ride is worth it for Bob Leavine to give up control of LFR.

a) The Erik Jones contract extension in the #20 is a one-year deal, according to Jordan Bianchi.

b) The Christopher Bell contract extension is most probably a one-year deal, since Gibbs exercised the option year and rarely are there multiple options (although it's possible).

a + b = c) Gibbs won't need a 5th seat after 2020. Gibbs will use LFR for one year like Gibbs used the #77 for one year... to solve his immediate short-term problem. Gibbs left Visser holding the bag on #77 personnel and other infrastructure.

I hope Leavine enjoys his full factory support in 2020 with a rookie driver on a one-year deal, because 2021 will be like starting over again.

Back
Top Bottom