Matt DiBenedetto appreciation thread

Clutch

Team Owner
Man he was awesome today and almost won it.
I sure hope he gets a good ride because he sure deserves one.

matt-dibenedetto-081719-getty-ftrjpg_18q7e3rd4n2h41ph6ie5hug3mm.jpg

Matt DiBenedetto is lesson to everyone that you don’t what kinda talent is waiting to be discovered in the back of the pack.

The kid has spent his entire career driving around in ****boxes. Fights his ass off to get into the fringes of Cup and finally gets a chance to show what he can do. Dude is a lion. Hope things work out for him.

I understand why Matty was disappointed , but he had nothing to be disappointed with tonight(outside of not winning), he drove the best race of his life and probably did a lot to help his career even though he didnt win.

Matt D sure put on a a helluva show when he took the lead. Denny was just so much better than everyone else he was not going to be denied. I don't blame Newman for anything he did. He sid exactly what he was supposed to do. He's not supposed to lay down and quit for anybody and he didn't.

I understand why Matty was disappointed , but he had nothing to be disappointed with tonight(outside of not winning), he drove the best race of his life and probably did a lot to help his career even though he didn't win.
It can be difficult for competitors to appreciate what they've just done when they're focused on what they just missed. Sometimes a few hours will let them see what they did from the perspective of their entire careers, and not just in terms of a single event. I hope the Stallion feels better this morning about what he pulled off last night.

Before they get lost in the shuffle, I want to point out that the #95 pit crew was turning competitive stops all night. I dunno if that's due to JGR support or if they've been that good all along and I haven't noticed, but they're working much better than a crew normally associated with a lower-budget team.

People aren’t stupid and if he can win he will get a ride eventually. This thing has taken on a life of it’s own.

Matt D sure put on a a helluva show when he took the lead. Denny was just so much better than everyone else he was not going to be denied. I don't blame Newman for anything he did. He sid exactly what he was supposed to do. He's not supposed to lay down and quit for anybody and he didn't.
Disagreed Newman is a total ass.
I can't think of anyone else who would mess up the leader with 20 laps to go.

Matt D is trying to make NASCAR a soap opera or maybe Oprah. Too many hardened NASCAR fans in here melting when they see the Matt D sappy emotions -- it's a bad look. It's even worse than watching Natalie D grab a hat and throw it down.

And if I were his owner/string puller -- Bob, Joe, TRD, Toyota, Sponsors or whatever else is in your imagination -- and Matt D is trying to amp up pressure to keep him in the ride, I'm probably cutting him loose just to get the clingy emotional wreck away from my team climate and race cars.

There's always more to the story of why one driver is chosen over others. Austin Dillon at RCR is pretty simple to figure out. Chase in a top ride is easy to figure out.

But Matt D? Who knows what else Bob knows or considers when navigating the elephants in the room for keeping his team competitive. I don't live in NASCAR circles, but there's always seems to be more to the story when it comes to high profile big money decisions.

Matt D is trying to make NASCAR a soap opera or maybe Oprah. Too many hardened NASCAR fans in here melting when they see the Matt D sappy emotions -- it's a bad look. It's even worse than watching Natalie D grab a hat and throw it down.

And if I were his owner/string puller -- Bob, Joe, TRD, Toyota, Sponsors or whatever else is in your imagination -- and Matt D is trying to amp up pressure to keep him in the ride, I'm probably cutting him loose just to get the clingy emotional wreck away from my team climate and race cars.

There's always more to the story of why one driver is chosen over others. Austin Dillon at RCR is pretty simple to figure out. Chase in a top ride is easy to figure out.

But Matt D? Who knows what else Bob knows or considers when navigating the elephants in the room for keeping his team competitive. I don't live in NASCAR circles, but there's always seems to be more to the story when it comes to high profile big money decisions.

You're looking way too much into this.. like really

I am not 100% with your wording, but I do agree with the gist of your post. The look here (whether intentional or not) is that Matt was backstabbed this week, and almost paid his vicious owner & manufacturer back. That's BS. I am sure Matt hoped that something would change relative to the situation he was walking into last fall, but he absolutely knew what the plan was IMO. It was a great move on his part. He went to a team that was developing support to become a player. This year was designed to be just that--LFR building relationships with JGR and TRD in preparation for Chris Bell. I am sure that in the back of Matt's mind, he was hoping for a second car or something, but he knew that his move was a career gamble (a good one, however). The pay back for Matt is that we are talking about him halfway through August. We wouldn't be doing that if he stayed where he was. Good story, but like so much in social media these days, it has to be taken to a deeper, darker level. SMDH.

It's not Newman's job to layover for anyone when every point matters for their playoff hopes. And also that 6 car has been running the best it's been in years.

Newman always gets a free pass on this kind of thing. It's old. If you are not relevant to the outcome of a race, get the hell out of the way. He has enough experience in irrelevance to know better.

You're looking way too much into this.. like really

The Matt D story is overblown and taken on such an emotional context that I'll be glad when it's over;

AND ALL THE emotional coverage it garners DURING and AFTER the race is getting sickening.

That's not me looking too much into it - that's NASCAR/Networks and their cackling talking heads investing too much time into the Matt D narrative.

He's getting moved -- life goes on.

Newman always gets a free pass on this kind of thing. It's old. If you are not relevant to the outcome of a race, get the hell out of the way. He has enough experience in irrelevance to know better.

I'm not a fan of Lappers making contact with Lead Lap cars. But as Ryan has stated before, "I'm not proud of that." :D

Pretty relevant if sitting in Newman's seat. Matt wins and it puts him on the playoff bubble. Haven't you been listening to the head gerbil? EVERY POINT MAAATTERS! :p

Back
Top Bottom