Matt Kenseth

giphy.gif

When did I say that? Point to where I did, stop putting words where there are none.
You suggested that he must not be all that talented after all, just because no top-tier team took a punt on him this season.
If the team he is racing for is what you are using to determine how much talent he possesses, then you are also suggesting that Aric Almirola must be more talented than Kenseth, because he is racing for top-tier NASCAR team, Stewart-Haas.

You suggested that he must not be all that talented after all, just because no top-tier team took a punt on him this season.
If the team he is racing for is what you are using to determine how much talent he possesses, then you are also suggesting that Aric Almirola must be more talented than Kenseth, because he is racing for top-tier NASCAR team, Stewart-Haas.
I never said what you are implying

Well I'm using yor logic dude, if Almirola got the ride it's logic he has more talent

What logic? I simply asked you a question, and you answered it.

If kennseth had the capability you all think he has why is driving for a has been car owner?

Come on Mopar, this was too easy. You gotta try harder. Better luck next time

Just because you have 4 slots doesnt mean you have a car available and sponsorship.
Your right and I think Matt's lack of sponsor was the deciding factor for most if not all teams.
If I remember correctly Matt has sponsor problems while with Roush as well.
I always associate him with "Dewalt" tools but it could be they were not a big money sponsor.

Your right and I think Matt's lack of sponsor was the deciding factor for most if not all teams.
If I remember correctly Matt has sponsor problems while with Roush as well.
I always associate him with "Dewalt" tools but it could be they were not a big money sponsor.
Lack of a sponsor because he ran out of talent and charisma, not to mention a few on track incidents which were not too flattering.

Lack of a sponsor because he ran out of talent and charisma, not to mention a few on track incidents which were not too flattering.
That part where he doesn't attract sponsors is a given, I agree that his behavior at JGR
could be the coffin nail. I wonder at what level of monetary compensation this new sponsor is at?

I'm at a loss as to why this has become a big issue. Roush hired Matt --- for what reason we really don't know--Supposedly to give the 6 team
some help. Why Matt decided to come back, again, we really don't know for sure. Maybe he just got tired of hanging around the house.

OK, he didn't set the world on fire at Kansas --- I really did not expect him to. First race with new team and new car. If he can give them
some help down the road -- well and good. Let's at least give the man a chance.
Gordon didn't set the world on fire in the 88 either, but I don't remember people calling him a no-talent hack because of it.

I think I find this deal bothersome because Jack Roush and his team have been on a decline for so many years now... but removing a guy from his seat isn’t going to help with that. No one is trying to say Trevor is a fantastic driver in cup, but he’s certainly not the reason for why things are off on that team.

It just feels like Kenseth was supposed to be the greener grass on the other side of the fence. I’d hate to be pushed aside from my job when I know I’m not the reason for something being off.

I think I find this deal bothersome because Jack Roush and his team have been on a decline for so many years now... but removing a guy from his seat isn’t going to help with that. No one is trying to say Trevor is a fantastic driver in cup, but he’s certainly not the reason for why things are off on that team.

It just feels like Kenseth was supposed to be the greener grass on the other side of the fence. I’d hate to be pushed aside from my job when I know I’m not the reason for something being off.
Comes a time when you have to find out where the problem lies. If the 17 was running as crappy as the 6 I dont think they bring Matt in. But the 17 has been head and shoulders above and Matt can confirm what Trevor says is the problem. Its time to start looking at the CC and/or the engineers.

Comes a time when you have to find out where the problem lies. If the 17 was running as crappy as the 6 I dont think they bring Matt in. But the 17 has been head and shoulders above and Matt can confirm what Trevor says is the problem. Its time to start looking at the CC and/or the engineers.

Didn't Roush revamp their engineering staff a couple of years ago?

Something just isn't right.

Back
Top Bottom