Matt Kenseth

To say Kenseth is washed up even after winning last year and then you totally avoid the question on who could have taken him and had sponsorship just shows how disingenuous you are.
SHR had an opening for most of the season. HMS did as well until they gave the #88 to Bowman. Penske and Chip both have openings as did RCR. Lots of rides could have been created if the will was there and with owners who had deep pockets.
Something else was going around among the owners for his career to dry up like that.
I have always wondered how much his attack on first Brad from behind and then his blatant take out of Joey had o do with him being let go in the first place. JGR / Toyota could have moved him to the #77 car. Roger Penske has deep pockets and business wise he can pull a lot of strings behind closed doors.
JGR had found more with DeWalt and Circle K, but it was not enough to fill what DG had. Got to find a fit in the market, but Roush has done something with Wyndam Rewards. Its a start, but sponsors are everything now in days. You got to have money or you will get passed over, most of the time.
I guess Jimmie Johnson will be in the same boat because of Lowe's leaving. So, you will say JJ is not elite of he doesn't come back without a sponsor?o_O
Right now JJ isn't elite even with Lowe's sponsorship. :D

SHR had an opening for most of the season. HMS did as well until they gave the #88 to Bowman. Penske and Chip both have openings as did RCR. Lots of rides could have been created if the will was there and with owners who had deep pockets.
Something else was going around among the owners for his career to dry up like that.
I have always wondered how much his attack on first Brad from behind and then his blatant take out of Joey had o do with him being let go in the first place. JGR / Toyota could have moved him to the #77 car. Roger Penske has deep pockets and business wise he can pull a lot of strings behind closed doors.
Simply ...
He's not all that

As much as I hated that move, that's about as irrelevant as it can get.

FRR will use to develop the young JGR drivers in the 77 when the time comes for Bell, at least thats what I would think. Once again, I'm sure everyone in the garage knows how good Kenseth is. First race in months and just **** on the dude, yikes man.

SHR never had an opening, HMS never had an opening, RCR did not have an opening and in fact lost a team, Penske was waiting on Blaney to fill the 3rd car slot after finishing his contract with the Wood Brothers.

As much as I hated that move, that's about as irrelevant as it can get.

FRR will use to develop the young JGR drivers in the 77 when the time comes for Bell, at least thats what I would think. Once again, I'm sure everyone in the garage knows how good Kenseth USED to be under the old system. First race in months and just sh!t on the dude, yikes man.
:fixed:

I'm at a loss as to why this has become a big issue. Roush hired Matt --- for what reason we really don't know--Supposedly to give the 6 team
some help. Why Matt decided to come back, again, we really don't know for sure. Maybe he just got tired of hanging around the house.

OK, he didn't set the world on fire at Kansas --- I really did not expect him to. First race with new team and new car. If he can give them
some help down the road -- well and good. Let's at least give the man a chance.

SHR never had an opening, HMS never had an opening, RCR did not have an opening and in fact lost a team, Penske was waiting on Blaney to fill the 3rd car slot after finishing his contract with the Wood Brothers.
Right and ALL teams can have 4 cars.

SHR filled the #10 car AFTER they knew Kenseth was available.
Penske has 3 cars only
RCR has 2 cars only
CGR has 2 cars only
Like I said, openings are available. Just not sponsored seats.

Wut.

Numbers via racing-statistics: (JGR career from '13 to '17)
Wins - 15
Top 5s - 55
Top 10s - 99

Kenseth's average finish was around 13, come on now. Kenseth has never been a world beater speed wise consistency is what made Matt Kenseth.

Almirola has been on Stewart's radar and guess what Aric has... A sponsor that covers over 3/4s of his races in Smithfield. Got to replace that lost money Danica had.

Just because you have 4 slots doesnt mean you have a car available and sponsorship.

Not to mention competitiveness, Penske was full, Wood Brothers brought in Menard with his money, Chip is satisfied with his line-up and what they bring, RCR has not done ****, and SHR was full.

That's it in terms of real winning teams on a week to week basis.

Not to mention competitiveness, Penske was full, Wood Brothers brought in Menard with his money, Chip is satisfied with his line-up and what they bring, RCR has not done sh!t, and SHR was full.

Correct and this argument they are putting forth that Kenseth "used" to be good or that he is "washed up" is ridiculous on its face.

Not to mention competitiveness, Penske was full, Wood Brothers brought in Menard with his money, Chip is satisfied with his line-up and what they bring, RCR has not done sh!t, and SHR was full.
If Kennseth was do damn good none of that would of mattered.
Correct and this argument they are putting forth that Kenseth "used" to be good or that he is "washed up" is ridiculous on its face.
Do you think if that was 7 time he would of got a ride vs 1 time Matt?

If Kennseth was do damn good none of that would of mattered.

I gave you stats, he had 10 top 5s and 18 top 10s last year.

That's pretty damn good, that's totally being washed up. Find a sponsor for 36 races, not to mention Kenseth was one of the drivers who was active when the bubble was at its peak where money was flowing. Hell, I would want that inflated pay, too.

I gave you stats, he had 10 top 5s and 18 top 10s last year.

That's pretty damn good, that's totally being washed up. Find a sponsor for 36 races, not to mention Kenseth was one of the drivers who was active when the bubble was at its peak where money was flowing. Hell, I would want that inflated pay, too.
If he was so good, such a bonus to a team he would of got picked up...bottom line he wasn't. That's why he's in a second tier ride for a washed up organization.

If he was so good, such a bonus to a team he would of got picked up...bottom line he wasn't. That's why he's in a second tier ride for a washed up organization.

Welp, at this point we are going in circles.

Top teams had no room to sign him... What more can be said?

Bowman and Byron were confirmed, SHR re-signed Ku. Busch signed Almirola, CGR was staying with their line-up. C'mon its not that hard to understand, it came down to contract negotiations for Kenseth. Remember, when Hamlin was complaining about his money?

He is huh? If he was he'd be driving for Stewart.
No, he wouldnt. Its money son, and he didnt have but Aric did.
Welp, at this point we are going in circles.
Top teams had no room to sign him... What more can be said?
Bowman and Byron were confirmed, SHR re-signed Ku. Busch signed Almirola, CGR was staying with their line-up. C'mon its not that hard to understand, it came down to contract negotiations for Kenseth. Remember, when Hamlin was complaining about his money?
Its really not but this guy is just trolling.

Again.....no "top tier" rides were available.

Rick Hendrick went with younger and cheaper options in Bowman and Byron; can you blame him? He once chose Mark Martin over Brad Keselowski and I don't see him making that mistake again.

Oh?
Was Danica Patrick a top tier driver?
No...but is Kennseth?
Again.....no "top tier" rides were available.
Rick Hendrick went with younger and cheaper options in Bowman and Byron; can you blame him? He once chose Mark Martin over Brad Keselowski and I don't see him making that mistake again.
Why would some one choose that over a proven commodity like you guys think Matt is?

Staying out of this lol....but give Matt time and that 6 car will be competitive the way Ricky runs the 17 and as much talent Matt has once he starts putting his input to the build of the cars the handling of the cars and everything he needs out of them that team will be better even for Trevor when he's behind the wheel

This question was answered already but you're just gonna keep ignoring the answer and re-asking because you're too prideful to do otherwise

Yep, and it was even answered again in the exact comment he quoted lol.

Maybe he should look up this guy named Keselowski and see what he's done with his career since 2010

Back
Top Bottom