Maybe something coming around the corner(s)?

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by dpkimmel2001, Oct 11, 2017.

1. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

That's a pretty CAD rendering of a race track. In before the deathbedders :D

DanicaFreak and dpkimmel2001 like this.
  3. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Eh, don't care for a race that's outside of America. Canada would probably be but not going to watch a road course race in China.

Bucky Badger and Mopardh9 like this.
  4. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

It's a good thing Martinsville is not in China.

5. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

China has the luxury of copying others successes and networking (picking their brains) with other successful racing organizations. Good time to do so in the planning stages

6. Speedbowl14

Speedbowl14 Ryan Preece and short tracks

Canada should have a race...not just because it's Canada, but because there is a market for it.

sky, LJ7201, LewTheShoe and 2 others like this.
  7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Canada has the Nascar Pinty series and a Nascar Camping World Truck race. Might be Nascar China in the future? I mean they have Nascar in North and South America, Canada and Europe, China makes sense

8. China has been a godsend for GM and it could work for Nascar too. At this point the Chinese don't care about the quality of the product or service more than the country of origin so Nascar could benefit greatly.

9. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

I don't like Martinsville either so it could move to China and I wouldn't care.

10. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

We're aware of that.

11. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Damn dude, I sorry you don't like it.

PeopleAreStrange likes this.
  12. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

So this looks like it's a part of the Mitime group (Geely/Volvo). They said earlier in the year they were interested in hosting an IndyCar race and they actually got some TV/Internet deals signed between the series and a few different Chinese outlets. They could be angling for the same thing with NASCAR since there doesn't really appear to be TV coverage there yet (outside of Macau and Hong Kong).

http://racingcircuits.info/asia/china/ningbo-international-speedway.html#.Wd49D2CWzcs

http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/05/05-27-International-broadcasters

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/08/22/international

13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

right now on a racing board in China, there is a poster saying, we don't want any foreign cars racing, another saying they spent 500 million and they are going to go broke soon, another saying every since so in so Yang took over he's ruined the racing, and another saying short tracks forever, this will never work.

14. Right now in the Excited States there are people on racing forums that believe that the racing has never been better and it is on an upswing. Yeah....I know!

15. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Okay, I'll bite. Other than the broadcast time, what difference does it make where the track is located? More specifically, what difference does it make to the racing?

If your favorite track was suddenly transported to Kenya, would you still watch the race? How about Mexico? Guam's in the U.S.; would that be acceptable?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  16. Charlie Spencer

So it's just like here? Race fans are race fans everywhere, I guess. :rolleyes:

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  17. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

For me personally, I'd watch it just because it would be a new venue. Whatever country it is in is irrelevant to me and to my DVR.

Turtle84, LouieLouie, Johali and 2 others like this.
  18. Charlie Spencer

KTMLew01, Johali, kkfan91 and 2 others like this.
  19. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

KTMLew01 likes this.
  20. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

KTMLew01 and DanicaFreak like this.
  21. Charlie Spencer

22. Zerkfitting

Zerkfitting Team Owner

NASCAR better nail down the copyright to their logo in China.

darlingtonfan likes this.
  23. darlingtonfan

darlingtonfan Team Owner

I look at the dramatic increases in the company I work for travel budget and I am curious how many teams can afford this.The race promoters or NASCAR would have to help teams out.

24. Charlie Spencer

:XXROFL:

HA! You done any business with the Chinese? Their respect for intellectual property matches my respect for Brian France.

25. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

Such blasphemous language.....

Greg, KTMLew01, Speedbowl14 and 7 others like this.
  26. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Geez you all want to bash the roval but that track looks like a boring F1 layout that would be even worse for Nascar

27. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

They have different configurations they can use so it's hard to say really. And in this case it'd probably be an exhibition race, a bonus, rather than replacing something else on the calendar.

North American road courses are obviously the best on the planet but NASCAR isn't going to run a non-points race at Road Atlanta for shits and giggles. This would be a small part of a much larger plan.

28. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

International race promoters are usually charged a large sanctioning fee that helps cover part or all of transportation.

jws926 and Skoalbandit33 like this.
  29. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

NASCAR Asia?

Where do I sign?

jws926 and FLRacingFan like this.
  30. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

They Should find a way to make North Wilkesboro Speedway into that. #Triggered

KTMLew01 likes this.
  31. Domestically Nascar is dealing with a lot of problems including the loss of fans, poor demographics and the lack of money flowing in so looking to other markets could be ideal. Nascar could use some love and what better way to get it than to expand to a market where it would be appreciated and patronized? The NFL and NHL understand the importance of Europe and Asia when it comes to brand expansion so Nascar should get on board.

I remember reading that for whatever reason Pabst Blue Ribbon is popular in China and I think it would have to be 35 years or more since I have seen anyone sipping those suds here. Other things like certain food products or entertainment programming that don't register a blip here are big elsewhere like David Hasselhoff (Who?) for instance.

32. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Just don't like these leagues going to other countries. Hate the NFL games in London and Mexico. Its NASCAR not GASCAR(Global) or WASCAR(world) so I'd rather they stayed in the good ole US of A.

33. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

The 1800s called they want their world view back

34. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Exactly. Motorsport is booming in Asia.

35. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Sorry just makes no sense to me being a National entity and taking your product somewhere else. I'm sure this would be an exhibition race which isn't as bad but when the NFL takes regular season games away from their home market to give London or Mexico a game that's ridiculous in my opinion.

36. jws926

jws926 I need to think of something new for here

A NASCAR race in China, oh heck yes, bring it on.

37. Charlie Spencer

Okay, now you've offered a reason beyond 'I hate it'.

I can back you on the NFL taking 'home games' to another market. It screws the team and its fans out of a game in the home stadium. I'd bet the fans get charged the same amount for that short season that they do for a full one. Maybe @Johali can comment; I believe he's a Jags fan and their games seem to get shipped to London more than other teams. (What the British did to deserve the Jags should be discussed by diplomats in an effort to prevent well-justified economic sanctions.) Mexican games aren't as bad because they're in a time zone that's common to the US and the teams don't get jet lag any worse than they do on a normal cross-country trip.

However, I'd feel the same way if that 'home game' was moved to another city in the US several hours away. And since adding an exhibition race doesn't deprive any existing track of a weekend, that objection doesn't apply to NASCAR.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  38. You can foist the Jags on the Brits as they are happy just to see American football and it would be the same with NASCAR abroad. What millions have turned away from would be a huge deal in Canada or Mexico let alone outside of North America?

FLRacingFan likes this.
  39. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I didn't know about the Jags going anywhere, but I do know Nascar has had series in Mexico, Canada and Europe for a number of years..it isn't a new phenomena. Both the Nascar Canadian Pinty series and Nascar Whelen series in Europe have added more tracks and extended their series this year.

The Pinty's Series is currently enjoying it's 11th season under NASCAR ownership and features stock car racing throughout the county with five events remaining on the 2017 schedule.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    FLRacingFan and Charlie Spencer like this.
  40. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I'll be more interested in a Chinese road course than an some of these ISC or SMI cookie cutter races, give it an off week before or after the race in China.

FLRacingFan and Charlie Spencer like this.