Maybe something coming around the corner(s)?

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by dpkimmel2001, Oct 11, 2017.

1. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Across the border is one thing. I just think logistically it's too difficult/costly to justify going overseas. But I guess if China wants to open up the wallet, they may consider it

2. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

Why?

3. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

I thought it was wortheless.

4. Zerkfitting

Zerkfitting Team Owner

I figure it is just a way to find out if there is an interest in NASCAR style racing. I can see a NASCAR style series in Asia, probably a branding deal. But I don't think any future series will be part of the current series.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  5. I figure it is just a way to find out if there is an interest in NASCAR style racing. I can see a NASCAR style series in Asia, probably a branding deal. But I don't think any future series will be part of the current series.[/QUOTE]

It is remarkable the impact branding and culture have in different parts of the world. Levi's jeans are the be all and end all in some areas all because of a little orange or red tag and some people will swill the worst tasting beer around just because of how it is marketed and packaged. Buick automobiles are a status symbol in China and in the US and other places the brand and version of your phone is of the utmost importance. IDK if it is the marketing that has made people so shallow or that people are so shallow they are easy to manipulate.

Charlie Spencer and Mike Crayne like this.
  6. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Oh, they weren't the best races by any stretch, but having them in Japan didn't cause anyone to heat up tar and cut open Grandma's feather bed.

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  7. Charlie Spencer

Yes.

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  8. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Old school fans would disown

9. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

10. Towmater

Towmater Ratings Craterville

[/QUOTE]
    That clip proves that it isn't US NASCAR. They are racing in the rain.

(Its a joke about the rain delays we've experienced lately before you jump in and reply that NASCAR has rain tires for road courses).

11. Revman

Revman God bless America.

Makes you wonder how spoiled we are. What if what we have is actually cool to somebody else. Might temper the bitching just a bit I think. I follow WRC, and those fans actually talk about the racing. Side by side, attendance, and TV ratings are irrelevant. Cars, drivers, courses are the topics of the day. Imagine that.....I should add that there are plenty of fanbois who get roasted, however. Warms my heart.

12. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

NASCAR steps up international push, eyes China and Brazil
    https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com...nd-Governing-Bodies/NASCAR-international.aspx

13. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

can't see the forrest because of the trees

15. cganassi42

cganassi42 Gasman

It would be interesting for them to go to le mans and other big international. But only like the NFL in london.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  16. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange 2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion

I'm fine with NASCAR starting a new racing series in China.

That said, NASCAR should not host a points-paying Cup/Xfinity/truck race overseas.

Drivers and crews in the top 3 series should not have to travel overseas to participate in a required race.

gone, Team Penske and Simple Fan like this.
  17. Hawaii808

Hawaii808 Team Owner

After the cluster I fear the Roval race will be, a Chinese road course would look good.

18. gone

gone Team Owner

Not sure that the teams will like the expenses and travel time required to race in China. Particularly when teams are complaining about travel costs already and have even formed the Race Team Alliance to supposedly do something about it...

They also complain that the season is already too long... will NASCAR cut an existing race to fit a China race in?

19. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

They have raced overseas before.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  20. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

If they go, they’ll get some help with the additional costs.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  21. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

This will be a series like they have with the Pinty, and Whelen Euro or the Mexico series. A stand a one series with their own stars. If it comes to fruition.

FLRacingFan and Charlie Spencer like this.
  22. sky

sky Zombie Zoom LLC

My friends and I drink pbr nearly every weekend even pbr light if we can find it.

23. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

NASCAR steps up international push, eyes China and Brazil
    NASCAR is stepping up its international expansion efforts, including ambitions to start developmental series in China and Brazil, as the sanctioning body eyes the NBA’s model to grow the sport overseas.

Over the last several weeks, NASCAR has moved three executives to new international roles: Jim Cassidy, chief international officer; Chad Seigler, vice president of international business development; and Jimmy Small, senior director of international
    business development. Small, who was formerly president of the NASCAR-owned Iowa Speedway, will be based in Los Angeles and focus on China and Mexico.

While getting into new markets such as China and Brazil is a priority, NASCAR is also focused on improving its existing international series. Cassidy cited a crowd of more than 50,000 that was on hand in Mexico City for the NASCAR Peak Mexico Series finale in November as proof that NASCAR’s international efforts are catching on.
    Cassidy noted that if not for the Mexico Series, Suarez may have opted for open-wheel racing. That’s traditionally been the preferred form of racing in Mexico, which has produced several Formula One drivers over the years.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com...nd-Governing-Bodies/NASCAR-international.aspx

24. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

Boogity, Boogity has no Chinese translation.

25. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Bet you would :D

26. Greg

China sez they can beat the Martinsville Hot Dog. Even sez theirs is more original, cause they really put the dog in the hot.

27. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

:lol2:

Greg likes this.
  28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

29. The Nature Boy

The Nature Boy Stylin and Profilin

brb

Looking up ways to move to China.

30. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

It would almost be worth it it, wouldn't it? If you ask me the ONE defining moment when NASCAR jumped the shark, it would THAT. If I had never seen a NASCAR race before, and tuned in and heard that, I'd have the channel changed before the cars got to turn one, and I actually LIKE Darrell as a person....

31. Charlie Spencer

Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

And no, Win Win isn't a two Chinese driver.

dpkimmel2001 and Greg like this.
  32. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Not two.. I think he drives the 26 no?

33. Charlie Spencer

I thought he was the kid who drives the deliveries. He's fast enough on a street course, but he's always forgetting my egg rolls.

34. Greg

I think the name is "Win One Soon" driver of the 36 horsepower, decaled skin braced (really just throw it away with the used skin after the collapsing event ) Jiangnan TT.
    Note: Horsepower is actually measured in units of Greyhound Chihuahua, not horse.

aunty dive and Charlie Spencer like this.
  35. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

they are going to race Dodge's and Buick's

36. Charlie Spencer

Buicks? I thought the GM brand in this series was going to be Saturn?

37. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Id say thats enough to cucumber his time for sure.

38. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

they pronounce it bru rick over there. Saturn might be a good choice...but they like Bru rick's

sdj likes this.
  39. Charlie Spencer

Oh, wait a minute. You originally said Buick, but I mentally heard 'Oldsmobile'. I can never keep straight which one of them was discontinuted.

Some marketing pukes at GM probably would have had a cow, but I could never tell any difference between Buicks, Olds, and Caddys. To me, they're all land yachts driven by blue-haired AARP members peering under the steering wheel, along with Chryslers and Lincolns. But then, I was never much of a car guy.

40. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

You probably have no idea how many Buicks GM is making and selling in China. 8 to 1 ratio. There's no need to make that case with drivers in China, where Buick, outsells Honda, Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz.