Media coverage on 9/11

I have a hunch...the whole "favourite" "favorite" thing kinda gave it away.

I think I have seen him before. Yes unfortunatly I would say 60% of the public over here doesn't like americans as a country.

If that's you, BG, I apologize for being rude to you.

If not, oh well!

Why dosen't the UK like us? Surely it doesn't date back to 1812 or something does it?

Originally posted by abooja
I feel I've been set up here.

Who can I sue?

:D

You haven't.

People are going to come and go in a public forum, sitting there trying to figure out who it is you end up missing all the fun.

I'm used to it by now.

I feel I've been set up here.

Who can I sue?

:D

Sue McDonald's............everyone else does and they always pay up!!:D

I don't think Budgirl is poitical.........could be wrong though:)

Anyway........junior, why are we as a country hated so much by UK?

Most people dont like america for pokeing around where they shouldn't be. They get involved in other countries war. Alot of americans pick on brits calling them gay etc too. Its alot of things really. I think with attacking iraq though most of the country is behind him becuase we have history with iraq.

A lot of Americans dislike Brits because they feel that they just sit back and hope America takes care of global threats, all the while condemning them for "pokeing around where they shouldn't be".

Not all Americans are fat drunks either. I am, but I'm sure there some that aren't. ;)

ALot of your sports you call it the world sereis or world championship when you dont have teams from other countries competing. I don't think I could use the word hate though they just dislike americans, if you came over here its very unlikely you would get harrased or anything because of being an american.

I sort of always thought we poked our noses into other country's wars because we were asked too..........or forced to, in the case of Kuwait and Afganistan. We may have overstepped in Bosnia and perhaps Somalia, but other than that we were sticking up for the an ally or responding to a request. We do have national interests........except, I've yet to understand any interests in either Bosnia or Somalia.

I figure we'll have a new hot topic for the week, the way this juggernaut is rolling. Over one hundred posts in around twelve hours. Quite an interesting study in group physcology. Now back to the original topic of the media, I've posted several times on what a sham I think it is on different threads. They sensationalise everything to death. Yesterday I didn't watch the telly at all. I did my rememberence in a personal and private manner. I don't think that makes me any better or worse, but I didn't want or need a program to replay the images of horror from a year ago. JMO

We now return you to your regularly scheduled progam.

Originally posted by juniorJohnson1
ALot of your sports you call it the world sereis or world championship when you dont have teams from other countries competing.  I don't think I could use the word hate though they just dislike americans, if you came over here its very unlikely you would get harrased or anything because of being an american.

I can agree with the world series and world championship thing......always have. But, hey we know it's not really the world and it's just Amercian.

BTW, I'm surprised you didn't mention we call ourselves Amercians (which we are) but in fact to be more accurate we should call ourselves "United Statens"!!:D :D

ALot of your sports you call it the world sereis or world championship when you dont have teams from other countries competing.  I don't think I could use the word hate though they just dislike americans, if you came over here its very unlikely you would get harrased or anything because of being an american.
Same way here,Maybe it's the political master minds that build the hate between differant cultures.Gives narrow minded people something to argue about is all that comes from it.:rolleyes:

Everytime I post something, it seems the topic has changed this is getting tiresom lol.

I said its alot of things it would prolly take all night to name everything. lol :D

I ain't sayin he's fat,But if you send him a letter put 2 zip codes on it.:D

The media seems to only care about ratings

Ratings mean money..........and this country is a capitalist country. We, as Americans, know that and we also know when a media member "goes for the ratings" over real news. We aren't really that stupid........though we sometimes act it. I still don't completely understand what you mean about ratings........we have news and it's reported. The time frame between the news and the entertainment part (prime time) is limited so news is culled down to the big stories (or what the news producer percieves as the big stories). The "all news channels" do a better job (though CNN has an agenda) but it takes several hours to cover it all. Big stories are talked about more........but they are big stories. Most TV in this country is entertainment......and there are huge ratings wars over them. Broadcast news is dwindling because the all news channels are whopping their butts........mostly because of time thing. Most of our TV is advertiser supported ("free" but not really since we pay for that advetising in the products we buy) so ratings are important for advertiser dollars.......we are capitalists you know!!:)

They will also add or take away things here and there to make it sound more intresting.

Some people from other countries don't like you because of expereince also. Like I use to hang on a new zealand chat room and a couple americans use to drop in from time to time and most of them didn't even know where new zealand is located which is kind of an insult.

It isnt :(

Nope, it's a republic. We have a representative form of government, despite numerous arguments to the contrary...

Right, and just so you know, jj, this isn't a democracy. ;)

It's a Republic..........a representive democracy. (Boy, that is much easier to type than for me to say:D ......I stumble over my tonge on those two words together!!)

Back
Top Bottom