MFR Shop -> New Car

Went down to the middle of nowhere in Temple, Texas yesterday. LONG drive each way...got home at 3AM. Went out at 6 cars.

1925235_10152683573304606_268293538_n.jpg

That dragstrip looks pretty cool.
It's on the south side of temple off the HK Hogden loop, down in @TexasRaceLady 's territory kinda sorta. Definitely a hole in the wall. Good track though, young guy (older 20's/early 30's?) owns & runs it at minimum profit margin. No question it must look good with all the trees greened up and what not.

Last edited:
It's on the south side of temple off the HK Hogden loop, down in @TexasRaceLady 's territory kinda sorta. Definitely a hole in the wall. Good track though, young guy (older 20's/early 30's?) owns & runs it at minimum profit margin. No question it must look good with all the trees greened up and what not.
Kinda/sorta is right --- about 3 hours drive. :)

I'll update later on this weekend. Tuesday if i'm lucky. Or hit me on facebok or follow north texas bracket racing on facebook

somebody remind me to update this between classes tomorrow. I'm about to hit the sack. I need it.

Don't forget to update us between classes TODAY. At this hour it might just be a review though..

ya'll so aren't helpful :p Had the time just didn't remember to do it.

Anyways, we got down to 6 cars in a big money race in oklahoma city. Dad red lit and the car didn't run the number anyways, data logger didn't work so we aren't sure why it slowed down or how dad went as red as he did.

I'm about ready to crawl back in bed, been sleeping on and off all day…

So I went to bed at about 1:30 AM Saturday morning. Woke up at 6AM, we got to the texas motorplex around 7:30.

Mopar time trials were supposed to start at 9:30 and ours at 10:00. Well at 9:15 highway 287 was still backed up for a half mile (TxDOT hates this) so they ran an open time trial session from 9:30 to a planned 11:30. Well halfway through, there was an oildown from the starting line to past the 1/4 mile mark that took an hour to clean up, we got a hit in 3 passes after the cleanup was done, around 11:30. By the time all the cars in the lanes got ran, it was almost 1PM. Then they started running formal time trials, and we had another starting line to 1/4 oil down. Then another from 330-1/4. We got a second time trial around 5:30, and a third at 7:30, at which point Mopars had finally started first round, with 3 more small oildowns. At 10:00 PM we still had not ran first round. At that time the track decided to just cancel the race after 15 hours because literally, next to nothing had been accomplished.

We got home around 11:30 PM saturday night, I went to bed around 1AM sunday morning, then got up at 5 AM and we headed north. We got to the track in Noble, OK at 9:20 AM, exactly 200 miles and most of a tank of diesel.

Got our one and only time trial at 10:45 AM, then Dial for Dollars at 12:30. We went dead one with a 008 light, good enough to take the lead at the time, but a dead zero/.041 beat us then a dead zero/.008 beat that one to take the $350 pot.

Dad was late first round and lost, so to the buyback window we went. I don't have the logbook, but we managed to turn on 5 more win lights, getting us down to 6 cars. Dad red-lit and the car couldn't run the number, but we got a $350 check, barely covering the $200 entry and $100 buyback. We packed up and left around 6:00, stopped by mcdonalds and managed to not get stuck in the parking lot (lots of very odd looks, though), and got home a little after 10:00 PM. We unloaded the car and some of the trailer, and I got in bed around 12:30 or 1AM monday morning, followed by a 9AM alarm for 10:00 class.

I'm about ready to crawl back in bed, been sleeping on and off all day…

So I went to bed at about 1:30 AM Saturday morning. Woke up at 6AM, we got to the texas motorplex around 7:30.

Mopar time trials were supposed to start at 9:30 and ours at 10:00. Well at 9:15 highway 287 was still backed up for a half mile (TxDOT hates this) so they ran an open time trial session from 9:30 to a planned 11:30. Well halfway through, there was an oildown from the starting line to past the 1/4 mile mark that took an hour to clean up, we got a hit in 3 passes after the cleanup was done, around 11:30. By the time all the cars in the lanes got ran, it was almost 1PM. Then they started running formal time trials, and we had another starting line to 1/4 oil down. Then another from 330-1/4. We got a second time trial around 5:30, and a third at 7:30, at which point Mopars had finally started first round, with 3 more small oildowns. At 10:00 PM we still had not ran first round. At that time the track decided to just cancel the race after 15 hours because literally, next to nothing had been accomplished.

We got home around 11:30 PM saturday night, I went to bed around 1AM sunday morning, then got up at 5 AM and we headed north. We got to the track in Noble, OK at 9:20 AM, exactly 200 miles and most of a tank of diesel.

Got our one and only time trial at 10:45 AM, then Dial for Dollars at 12:30. We went dead one with a 008 light, good enough to take the lead at the time, but a dead zero/.041 beat us then a dead zero/.008 beat that one to take the $350 pot.

Dad was late first round and lost, so to the buyback window we went. I don't have the logbook, but we managed to turn on 5 more win lights, getting us down to 6 cars. Dad red-lit and the car couldn't run the number, but we got a $350 check, barely covering the $200 entry and $100 buyback. We packed up and left around 6:00, stopped by mcdonalds and managed to not get stuck in the parking lot (lots of very odd looks, though), and got home a little after 10:00 PM. We unloaded the car and some of the trailer, and I got in bed around 12:30 or 1AM monday morning, followed by a 9AM alarm for 10:00 class.

JFC, hell of a weekend.

Magnet...you are always posting pics that you take at events. This looks dangerous!
1899691_10152355582143767_1860325709703573165_o.jpg
take at

funny you post that. That's one of our old friends driving :) My mom took this picture, we have another pic I can't find somewhere that shows them in the group photo. That's Steve's dad Lou holding a wally.

normal_oldpics_38_1.jpeg

normal_oldpics_23_2.jpeg

Thanks magnet! Your friend made to NHRAs facebook post!

Is taking those pics like that dangerous tho Magnet?

Thanks magnet! Your friend made to NHRAs facebook post!

Is taking those pics like that dangerous tho Magnet?
When a car is coming at you like my first pro-mod race to shoot, oh yea. But one of the benefits of shooting drag racing is that the closer you are to the wall, the safer you are. There have only been 2 incidents I know of where the concrete wall broke apart. If a car is going to hit the wall, your best spot is ducked behind the wall or far, far away from the wall. If it's going to go over the wall, your best spot is ducked behind the wall so the car can go over you.

Back
Top Bottom