MFR Shop -> New Car

Don't feel bad...we use to get the cops called on us when we would fire up a nitro car back in the nineties. Fortunately most of the cops were racing fans. Your car is looking awesome. When are you testing it?
Soon as you bring us a trailer :D

We asked cargo-mate for an update....they are looking at march 10th or so for completion date...they have 105 trailers on backorder and that number goes up daily.

One of our friends bought one same time we did, but he runs the national/divisional thing...called cargomate and said "How the hell am I supposed to get 2 cars to Houston that weekend?"

Last edited:
Soon as you bring us a trailer :D

We asked cargo-mate for an update....they are looking at march 10th or so for completion date...they have 105 trailers on backorder and that number goes up daily.
Awe, there is nothing like a new trailer smell. I wish Bode had an extra half a million in our budget for a new Featherlite spread axle. I would be so excited that I would have to sit on my hands just to keep from waving at everyone as i'm going down the highway.:D

Awe, there is nothing like a new trailer smell. I wish Bode had an extra half a million in our budget for a new Featherlite spread axle. I would be so excited that I would have to sit on my hands just to keep from waving at everyone as i'm going down the highway.:D
But as I recall, that would make tire costs go up from the side-wear, wouldn't it? Our friend got a 34 foot triple spread axle, we got a 32 foot triple non-spread. We chose non-spread because of how badly the bearings get trashed when turning.

But as I recall, that would make tire costs go up from the side-wear, wouldn't it? Our friend got a 34 foot triple spread axle, we got a 32 foot triple non-spread. We chose non-spread because of how badly the bearings get trashed when turning.
Yes, they do eat up tires a little more, but if you try to stay out of tight spots then you can still get a lot of miles out of them. It's like everything else, it depends on how you use it. If we had a spread then i could take our golf cart with me again. But, it always puts me over weight on the trailer with tandem axles. Just about all of the pro stock teams use triple singles and most of the nitro teams use spread axles, except for their hospitality trailers, and they use tandem axles.

I noticed most newer rigs have gone to the super singles. Still warps my mind how they hold up in place of duals, though.

Most of the local tracks, you just about have to jacknife to get into/out of. If you ever talk to Kebin Kinsley (who BTW is getting his T/F license this year) or John Hale, ask them about parking any rig of significant length at Kennedale or Denton. Little River is no better. Motorplex isn't a problem at all for obvious reasons. Ardmore is almost as bad as denton.

Most Toters have to go down the track at denton and little river, and come back around through the staging lanes/return road. There's just not enough room to turn around. I remember once, they had to stop time trials at denton, let 5 late-arriving toters go down, then re-prep the track and resume time trials.

I noticed most newer rigs have gone to the super singles. Still warps my mind how they hold up in place of duals, though.

Most of the local tracks, you just about have to jacknife to get into/out of. If you ever talk to Kebin Kinsley (who BTW is getting his T/F license this year) or John Hale, ask them about parking any rig of significant length at Kennedale or Denton. Little River is no better. Motorplex isn't a problem at all for obvious reasons. Ardmore is almost as bad as denton.

Most Toters have to go down the track at denton and little river, and come back around through the staging lanes/return road. There's just not enough room to turn around. I remember once, they had to stop time trials at denton, let 5 late-arriving toters go down, then re-prep the track and resume time trials.
I hate to pull a single axle trailer. Del Worsham has single axles on his newest trailer and they have had a lot of blown tires. He just put all new tires on it last year and on it's second trip out i blew a tire on the way back from Canada, and when you blow a tire with a single then you are stuck there until it's fixed. With a spread or tandem i can usually limp into a tire shop.

That's why we went with a dually over a 3/4 ton. If you blow a tire on a 3/4 ton, you're stuck. If you blow one on a dually, you're out a fender and that's it. And if you catch it quick enough, you can get stopped and cut the tire off the wheel with a knife and not tear up the fender too bad.

Got the scoop and headlights put on. Still seeking tailights.

1504011_10152516237199606_2129390072_n.jpg

1535548_10152516237494606_281360564_n.jpg

156356_10152516237594606_2135803354_n.jpg

Body wasn't ready, they want to re-spray a few panels. They tried to buff out/color sand the orange peel and they went too far, plus a few other things weren't to their liking.

Did have the golf cart delivered today, and we're mounting the parachutes tomorrow.

Dang how fast does that golf cart go?:whoopee:
It's an older 36 volt one. Barely made it up the hill of our street, but it's visually been refurbished and has new batteries, so it was a good intermediate cover until we step up to a gasser. It'll get us around the pits, hopefully be able to to the car.

I'll post if we'll have the body in time for some test passes at Kennedale on Saturday, if you, @blue92 and @PeopleAreStrange want to come watch. We told them to have it done by Friday, Thursday realistically.

It's an older 36 volt one. Barely made it up the hill of our street, but it's visually been refurbished and has new batteries, so it was a good intermediate cover until we step up to a gasser. It'll get us around the pits, hopefully be able to to the car.

I'll post if we'll have the body in time for some test passes at Kennedale on Saturday, if you, @blue92 and @PeopleAreStrange want to come watch. We told them to have it done by Friday, Thursday realistically.
Let me know.I may be in for Saturday.

Body wasn't ready, they want to re-spray a few panels. They tried to buff out/color sand the orange peel and they went too far, plus a few other things weren't to their liking.

Did have the golf cart delivered today, and we're mounting the parachutes tomorrow.

The first pic shows the orange peel, but the rest look pretty good.

Race season starts tomorrow with testing, first event is next saturday.

Panels still need to be buffed and color sanded. The scoop is the only thing "Done".

Sounds like you outta get back to work. Haha

on the road right now, just dropped the borrowed trailer off.

i want to thank Mike Honcho for coming out because HOLY CRAP was murphy's law in effect. Having an extra pair of hands, eyes, and ears was a big help. Going out to dinner then i will post times and media.

on the road right now, just dropped the borrowed trailer off.

i want to thank Mike Honcho for coming out because HOLY CRAP was murphy's law in effect. Having an extra pair of hands, eyes, and ears was a big help. Going out to dinner then i will post times and media.
Your Welcome Mag anytime.It was fun.I must say the pics don't do that car justice.That is one fine ride in the sun.

For those not sure, the guy backing dad up first is an existing dragster driver that we borrowed a trailer from for the day. I'm behind the car directing which way to get the tires back in the groove. The fuel trim is still off a bit and we need to adjust the suspension and get it to go straighter at the hit. We made a timing adjustment blindly before the last pass since we didn't have a usable power source for the timing light, we think we moved it from 33.5 to 35 degrees but we won't know till we hook the light up.

Great looking car Mag. It did look like it was moving to the right just a bit at the hit. I'm excited to hear some numbers after testing.

We rolled about 12 pounds of preload to the right rear (left rear was 40 pounds heavier) and moved the timing to 37 degrees- the adjustment at the track moved it to 35. Did a few other adjustments here and there, see what tomorrow brings. Have the truck and trailer out in front of the house, everything is loaded except the car and golf cart.

So cool, mag. Great pics. And I love the camera on the wing. Is that legal? ;)
oh heck no!! Cameras must be bolted down and 100% metal construction! hahahaha

Also, got down to 6 cars tonight. 2 hour oildown pushed an already long race longer. I'm about 10 miles past empty of energy right now....

Your car was running good. To bad for the red light. You and your dad did an awesome job in your first race with your new car.

Your car was running good. To bad for the red light. You and your dad did an awesome job in your first race with your new car.
we bumped the timing to 37 or so degrees thursday night, and it's not wanting to start with that much in it...went to a 1 range hotter plug sunday morning, and it picked up a random miss that we aren't sure where it came from. Also had some weird readings on the graphs, with no conclusions that make sense. We know the off-and-on head wind caused some inconsistencies, but the graphs go even beyond that.

Red bulb was -.008

Run 7 not shown in logbook with the -.008 red and 4.800 ET.

Following runs are #2,4,6,7 overlaid on eachother, then 4 and 7, then only 4, and only 7 is the last graph.

Runs 4 and 7 both show the same downtrack behavior: The accelerometer is showing a sharp drop-off, then pick-up, then falls off again, in a wave format. We aren't sure what is causing that- the variance is about 1/4-1/3 of a G. I don't think a headwind alone could do that. And it's only on those 2 runs.

Also, the engine RPM shows different stalls and downtrack RPM's, same with driveshaft RPM. Independant of weather, the engine for some reason made less power on some runs, or the torque convertor is tighening up randomly.

The EGT's are down about 200-300 degrees from the camaro, but we werent sure if that may be because the camaro had EGT's in the top of the tubes and dragster are on bottom.

20140226_203234.jpg

runs2467.jpg

runs47.jpg

run4.jpg

run7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom