MFR Shop -> New Car

The track is not bumpy where you are seeing the engine rpm and the drive shaft speed change is it? Your numbers look pretty consistent in your log book. It looks like the corrected altitude dropped about 1200 feet from1:30 pm to 7:30 pm. All your et increments look pretty consistent. Your dads lights were very consistent. This car probably leaves a lot harder then your old one... what kind of 60' did you get with your camaro?

Last edited:
The track is not bumpy where you are seeing the engine rpm and the drive shaft speed change is it? Your numbers look pretty consistent in your log book. It looks like the corrected altitude dropped about 1200 feet from1:30 pm to 7:30 pm. All your et increments look pretty consistent. Your dads lights were very consistent. This car probably leaves a lot harder then your old one... what kind of 60' did you get with your camaro?
Engine and DS RPM are down the whole way down the track, from stall to shift to lift.

What bothers us is the accelerometer curves for runs 4 and 7- they are the only 2 with them. From about 3.5 to 4.5 seconds, it's showing some sharp decelerations that are completely inexplicable. The wind was extremely variable, but I can't see a headwind gust doing this....could it? I think we have about 4 degrees of wing angle in it, roughly.

These runs were at Texas Motorplex, 1/8 mile.

run4-1.jpg

run7-1.jpg

If you click the photo and zoom in, you can see which passes are down on RPM. Part of it could be that it's shaking the tires on the launch, but we think it's more than that.

I'm going to drop tire pressure a half pound and see if that makes the spin any better/worse. If we had time to test, I'd drop the top bar a front hold and close up the instant center a bit.

runs2467.jpg

Camaro best 60 was 1.17.

Reposting logbook pic to put it on this page with rest of photos.

20140226_203234.jpg

It looked like changing the preload helped...it looked like it was leaving a lot straighter.

All of that look's very interesting and I read all of the post's but most of the time, I Don't Know What In The Hell Ya'll Are Talking About. :D

It looked like changing the preload helped...it looked like it was leaving a lot straighter.

Funny what 12 pounds will do. Definitely going straighter. Had a 2 hour oildown and we got stuck in that lane and dad threaded the needle between the slick spot and the centerline and made it through, following what the car ahead did. 3 cars behind us a vega, veteran driver, broke lose and crashed 3 times without hitting anything, had it up on 2 wheels at one point. They went back out and spent another 30 minutes re-claning up whatever he hit. They had lit the oil on fire and re-dragged and sprayed and dragged, but apparently the oil seeped back up or something. The driver admitted he did the cardinal sin, he got back in it after lifting all the way out....

All of that look's very interesting and I read all of the post's but most of the time, I Don't Know What In The Hell Ya'll Are Talking About. :D

That's okay. :p

1779784_10152629043809606_1226324272_n.jpg

Does your dad like driving the dragster better then the door car? I am impressed with his lights.

Does your dad like driving the dragster better then the door car? I am impressed with his lights.
definitely different and gets your attention.

Gotta remember, there's a little box on the dash controlling his lights. All he does is let go of the button when the bulb comes on :D He can actually see the bulb better now than he could in the camaro.

Gotta remember, there's a little box on the dash controlling his lights. All he does is let go of the button when the bulb comes on :D He can actually see the bulb better now than he could in the camaro.
You guys have all that new trick electronics that we didn't have back when i was around the sportsman cars.;)

You guys have all that new trick electronics that we didn't have back when i was around the sportsman cars.;)
Next time you see Ed DeStaute, ask him how it's working out running super gas without a delay box...I don't think he's made it out of second round since he took it out...but he's kicking butt at the heritage races and all that kind of stuff.

Is it getting easier to get in and out of?

I'll have to see where mag is when we go to Pampa this summer to see the inlaws and stop by and watch. Mike you do realize that I would expect a cold BL when we get there?

I'll have to see where mag is when we go to Pampa this summer to see the inlaws and stop by and watch. Mike you do realize that I would expect a cold BL when we get there?
I hear ya.It may have a lime with it.

Is it getting easier to get in and out of?
Dad's getting better at it. He's been watching other drivers and learning.

I may have to make the trip up to Ennis --- not that far from my house. :)
It would be great to see you again, TRL!

hahaha I was looking at the comp screen and saying the same thing.Pretty impressive.
It doesn't take an engineering background to understand all the numbers....

But it sure does help. LOL

The pics don't do that car justice.Looks real good shined up and sitting in the sun.That blue powder coated frame looks like chrome.
The fact that there's so little chrome on the car probably helps. Only the valve covers, radiator, blow plate, and suspension are true chrome. Everything else is gray or stainless steel.

Coming from Florida to the panhandle, DFW should be right in the middle of your path coming up the 35 or 45 :)

Dad's getting better at it. He's been watching other drivers and learning.

It would be great to see you again, TRL!

It doesn't take an engineering background to understand all the numbers....

But it sure does help. LOL

The fact that there's so little chrome on the car probably helps. Only the valve covers, radiator, blow plate, and suspension are true chrome. Everything else is gray or stainless steel.

Coming from Florida to the panhandle, DFW should be right in the middle of your path coming up the 35 or 45 :)
It is. I also have some nieces that live in Garland that we spend a day or two visiting while we lounge around the RV park pool.

I'll check with you after I get the trip planned out. Later, I'm old and need my sleep. :D

Runner-upped today. 6 cars last sunday, 2 cars tonight......not bad for hardly any testing! 5th run was a 1 thou package- 001 light and dead 0 at the top end.

1497110_10152633408669606_1296322323_n.jpg

Runner-upped today. 6 cars last sunday, 2 cars tonight......not bad for hardly any testing! 5th run was a 1 thou package- 001 light and dead 0 at the top end.

1497110_10152633408669606_1296322323_n.jpg

Yeah I agree , ya take the 1 and UH what the hell. Just kiddin guys, ya know I don't know what the hell any of that means. I hope It's good news though. :D

The car looks bitchen. Need a little more polish on the valve covers, though ;)
Funny thing about dragsters, there's no body to hide the driveline and shiny things. When we tested at texas raceway, there was waterbox mud all the way up to the front wings. and dad has gravel in his seat from texas motorplex.

I went by at 2:30 today, there was no paint on them. Magically, 8:15 rolls around, they've been painted and cleared. Got them home at 10PM.

We'll be at the track around 10:30-11 AM tomorrow or so, track action starts around 1.

@blue92 @PeopleAreStrange @mike honcho @majestyx

1002381_10152598190739606_48148792_n.jpg

1604668_10152598190824606_663859851_n.jpg

1926939_10152598190909606_1958692416_n.jpg

1920238_10152598190979606_2059296621_n.jpg

1656120_10152598191079606_1622182870_n.jpg

1619600_10152598191124606_1847063481_n.jpg

1621871_10152598191229606_1585157200_n.jpg

Oops, sorry for not responding earlier. I meant to respond when I returned to the forum a few weeks ago, but got distracted. Though I probably wouldn't have attended even if I read this earlier, as I'm not really into drag racing.

--------------------

A little off topic, but I was classmates with a drag racer in HS a few years ago. :cool:

Oops, sorry for not responding earlier. I meant to respond when I returned to the forum a few weeks ago, but got distracted. Though I probably wouldn't have attended even if I read this earlier, as I'm not really into drag racing.

--------------------

A little off topic, but I was classmates with a drag racer in HS a few years ago. :cool:

@mike honcho while Dylan is reminding me- we'll be racing at kennedale on saturday.

We went over some data on the rear wing tonight. NASA estimates it's producing about 100 pounds of downforce at 142 MPH. Probably going to raise it a little and get closer to 140-150.

@mike honcho while Dylan is reminding me- we'll be racing at kennedale on saturday.

We went over some data on the rear wing tonight. NASA estimates it's producing about 100 pounds of downforce at 142 MPH. Probably going to raise it a little and get closer to 140-150.
If I get over this flu by then I may be out there.When do the gates open?

Back
Top Bottom