MLB 2018

Johnny G

Team Owner
Pitchers & Catchers are reporting to Spring Training.

Many baseball fans round here?

If so who is your team?

I'm a Red Sox fan.

Should be a fun season.

The Angels are going to be scary this year, especially if their arms stay healthy. I’m excited about it.

The Angels are going to be scary this year, especially if their arms stay healthy. I’m excited about it.
Yeah they'e made some interesting moves. Everyone will be watching to see what Ohtani can do. I think they'll be in the hunt for a wild card spot.

Phillies hopefully are on the way back up maybe play .500 ball this year.

So do Angels fans expect to lose Trout one day as much as Phillies fans insist he is going to end up playing here?

I don't watch as closely as I used to, I need to change that. My house is all in on the Braves.

Pitchers & Catchers are reporting to Spring Training.

Many baseball fans round here?

If so who is your team?

I'm a Red Sox fan.

Should be a fun season.
Me too, we still need a big bat, Yankees will win the division this year easily.

I need to see the Bankees play, I just want to see Stanton and Judge crush it, probably be a lot of fun to watch their hitting core this year.

Big loss for the D'Backs in losing Martinez though, he will really solidify that hitting core with Martinez/Ramirez/Pedroia in the middle of it. Solid lineup.

I'm going to try to keep up with baseball more this year, its hard for me, but I'll try.

I need to see the Bankees play, I just want to see Stanton and Judge crush it, probably be a lot of fun to watch their hitting core this year.

Big loss for the D'Backs in losing Martinez though, he will really solidify that hitting core with Martinez/Ramirez/Pedroia in the middle of it. Solid lineup.

I'm going to try to keep up with baseball more this year, its hard for me, but I'll try.
I don't think Hanely will do much for the Sox nore will he get a lot of playing time....he might prove me wrong, but he doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy long enough. Getting JD will change the dynamic of the lineup, most likely guys like Mookie and some of the younger guys will see better pitches. They missed Papi more than they thought they would last year. The Yankees, if they stay healthy are going to crush records with the amount of home runs this year, beast of a line up.

The Yankees are going to be a force this year.

Red Sox will be lucky if they get the second wild card.

The Yankees are going to be a force this year.

Red Sox will be lucky if they get the second wild card.

The Yankees still have weak pitching and a first year manager. I mean, a complete idiot could probably manage that team to the playoffs but I am hoping that Aaron ****** Boone has some growing pains.

Tampa Bay Rays fan here, unfortunately.

Our offseason has been garbage.
LOL. Talk about fire sale.

For the first time in a while I actually have expectations as a Yankees fan. The rebuild is over. Time to contend for the World Series for real.

The Yankees still have weak pitching and a first year manager. I mean, a complete idiot could probably manage that team to the playoffs but I am hoping that Aaron ******* Boone has some growing pains.

I don’t buy that.

The Yankees almost went to the World Series with a team that didn’t have any business making it to the wild card let along the full flesh playoffs.

The thing that worries me is that this young team is hitting their stride and the Chemistry is built solid and everything is just jellin’.

I do not think the new manager will hamper this team to the point where they’re not a threat.

I don’t buy that.

The Yankees almost went to the World Series with a team that didn’t have any business making it to the wild card let along the full flesh playoffs.

The thing that worries me is that this young team is hitting their stride and the Chemistry is built solid and everything is just jellin’.

I do not think the new manager will hamper this team to the point where they’re not a threat.

I don't know. I watched John Farrell lose us enough games last year to know that the manager CAN make a difference. Farrell was a TERRIBLE in game manager and judging by what the guys are saying in spring training so far, he was unapproachable in the locker room, which contributed to a toxic clubhouse environment.

The Yankees will be a threat and will likely win the division but Boone may have to actually perform as manager.

LOL. Talk about fire sale.

For the first time in a while I actually have expectations as a Yankees fan. The rebuild is over. Time to contend for the World Series for real.

They let their best hitter walk (Logan Morrison). They DFA their second best hitter (Corey Dickerson) who was a 27-year-old All-Star last year. Didn't trade him, just straight up released him, for absolutely no reason. They trade their #2 pitcher for a bag of baseballs and a ham sandwich. They trade away Longoria, the face of the franchise, the best player in team history, the fan favorite who is very involved in the local community, who is still a productive player on a very team-friendly contract. Last night they traded Souza. Hell, at this point I'm expecting them to trade Archer too.

Their owner is a New York wall street businessman who couldn't care less about winning. All he cares about is money. I'm convinced he would rather win 70 games with a $50 million payroll than win the division with an $80 million payroll. I think the front office prides themselves on "wins per dollar". At this point, I think he wants to save every penny he can to help pay for a new stadium, whether that's in Tampa or somewhere else. They are trying to break ground on a new stadium in Ybor City, but part of me thinks he would rather sabotage the team and tank the next couple years (along with attendance that will set record lows) so he'll have an excuse to move to Charlotte or wherever.

Your Yankees are looking good, and I think they have set themselves up to be good for a long time.

They let their best hitter walk (Logan Morrison). They DFA their second best hitter (Corey Dickerson) who was a 27-year-old All-Star last year. Didn't trade him, just straight up released him, for absolutely no reason. They trade their #2 pitcher for a bag of baseballs and a ham sandwich. They trade away Longoria, the face of the franchise, the best player in team history, the fan favorite who is very involved in the local community, who is still a productive player on a very team-friendly contract. Last night they traded Souza. Hell, at this point I'm expecting them to trade Archer too.

Their owner is a New York wall street businessman who couldn't care less about winning. All he cares about is money. I'm convinced he would rather win 70 games with a $50 million payroll than win the division with an $80 million payroll. I think the front office prides themselves on "wins per dollar". At this point, I think he wants to save every penny he can to help pay for a new stadium, whether that's in Tampa or somewhere else. They are trying to break ground on a new stadium in Ybor City, but part of me thinks he would rather sabotage the team and tank the next couple years (along with attendance that will set record lows) so he'll have an excuse to move to Charlotte or wherever.

Your Yankees are looking good, and I think they have set themselves up to be good for a long time.
I am thinking along the same lines there. Get rid of your biggest draws, ditch your biggest talents, and really not save all that much money, and subsequently draw even smaller amounts of fans over the bridge into St. Pete so you have a bigger bargaining chip for relocation. The Ybor proposal plays into that too; any city jonesing for a franchise right now is going to have to get after it soon. And it is sad to see because Tampa/St. Pete, and the Tampa Bay/Orlando combined markets have a ton of potential if utilized correctly. People here love the Lightning and the Rays’ TV ratings really are not bad.

I am thinking along the same lines there. Get rid of your biggest draws, ditch your biggest talents, and really not save all that much money, and subsequently draw even smaller amounts of fans over the bridge into St. Pete so you have a bigger bargaining chip for relocation. The Ybor proposal plays into that too; any city jonesing for a franchise right now is going to have to get after it soon. And it is sad to see because Tampa/St. Pete, and the Tampa Bay/Orlando combined markets have a ton of potential if utilized correctly. People here love the Lightning and the Rays’ TV ratings really are not bad.

Agreed on all points.

Hell, I don't even live in Florida and it pisses me off; I can only imagine how the local fans feel. Ideally I would love to see Jeff Vinik buy the Rays. That dude seems to know how to run a sports franchise.

I don't know. I watched John Farrell lose us enough games last year to know that the manager CAN make a difference. Farrell was a TERRIBLE in game manager and judging by what the guys are saying in spring training so far, he was unapproachable in the locker room, which contributed to a toxic clubhouse environment.

The Yankees will be a threat and will likely win the division but Boone may have to actually perform as manager.

Who did we get that’ll get us better for this season?

I have given up on keeping up with them. I get frustrated with team Red Sox.

They always overspend on past their primes players and make minor moves for their bullpen.

They have too much faith on their farm system which more often than not produces chumps who can’t even last half a season or just turn out talentless.

Who did we get that’ll get us better for this season?

I have given up on keeping up with them. I get frustrated with team Red Sox.

They always overspend on past their primes players and make minor moves for their bullpen.

They have too much faith on their farm system which more often than not produces chumps who can’t even last half a season or just turn out talentless.
The Red Sox have plenty of talent, lots of young kids and they just picked up JD Martinez a good power hitter, they're going to give the Stankees a good run for their money.

New first time managers for both the Sox and Yankees will be interesting. Both inheriting good teams will big expectations. Will the both hit the ground running or will someone have a slow start?

Spring training games start tomorrow. For anyone that get the MLB Network they'e showing 200 spring training games this year.
Starting with Washington vs Houston live tomorrow at 1pm est.

Madison Bumgarner out 6 - 8 weeks with broken bone in his pitching hand after getting hit by a ball in spring training.

We're getting ready to field a double A team here in the Burg. I think the extent of my excitement will carry me through the first pitch of today's game or whenever we can get it in up in Detroit. They are calling for what will probably be a rain-out to start the season off. If that ends up being the case, we'll at least be a half game ahead of some times for a day. That's good..... right? :(

predictions anyone?

AL:
East - Red Sox
Central - Indians
West - Astros
Wild Cards: Yankees, Angels

NL:
East - Nationals
Central - Cubs
West - Dodgers
Wild Cards: Diamondbacks, Brewers

Not much of a year for parity, as i expect the playoffs to be made up of mostly the same teams as last season.

predictions anyone?

AL:
East - Red Sox
Central - Indians
West - Astros
Wild Cards: Yankees, Angels

NL:
East - Nationals
Central - Cubs
West - Dodgers
Wild Cards: Diamondbacks, Brewers

Not much of a year for parity, as i expect the playoffs to be made up of mostly the same teams as last season.
AL I'LL go with the same except reverse the Stankees and Sox. NL Cubs , Dodgers, Pittsburgh, WC Arizona and Mets...Twins and Rangers might make things interesting in AL

Back
Top Bottom