MLB 2023 Season

Live on MASN … not available in my market AT ALL on ANY provider.

This reflects on the Orioles and their complete ignoring of the North Carolina market. Raleigh/Durham should be a secondary market for the Nats and Orioles, but the Angelos never gave two ****s about getting MASN into as many Eastern and Central NC homes as possible.

Eastern NC is closer to DC/Baltimore than Atlanta but for some reason, it became Braves Country. MLB has rightly concluded that it should be in the Orioles/Nats market, but the teams do **** all but get fans there.

I live in Silver Valley NC, near Lexington.. We get MASN , both Os and Nats. Direct TV has it. Part of the REGIONAL sports package. Also why would an owner not want his team in a bigger broadcast area ? that don't make sense.
image.jpg

I live in Silver Valley NC, near Lexington.. We get MASN , both Os and Nats. Direct TV has it. Part of the REGIONAL sports package. Also why would an owner not want his team in a bigger broadcast area ? that don't make sense.

Raleigh gets MASN as well.

Spectrum moved the Bally Sports channels to a premium package, but those are the only RSNs on there. And, when I had DIRECTV, I could get MASN in Kenly, but couldn't get it out here.

DIRECTV used to cut MASN2 off at a certain time. I remember watching an extra innings game and the feed just cut off. I wanted to yeet my TV and cable box through the window without first opening said window.

Eastern NC market is such an insignificant market that NOBODY really cares about it.

I'd say MASN should offer a subscription like Bally Sports does, especially given how many cable providers have MASN but not MASN2. But MLB would probably kill that if they did.

Raleigh gets MASN as well.

Spectrum moved the Bally Sports channels to a premium package, but those are the only RSNs on there. And, when I had DIRECTV, I could get MASN in Kenly, but couldn't get it out here.

DIRECTV used to cut MASN2 off at a certain time. I remember watching an extra innings game and the feed just cut off. I wanted to yeet my TV and cable box through the window without first opening said window.

Eastern NC market is such an insignificant market that NOBODY really cares about it.

I'd say MASN should offer a subscription like Bally Sports does, especially given how many cable providers have MASN but not MASN2. But MLB would probably kill that if they did.
Andy you should check Direct TV Streaming.See if they offer MASN in your area that way. I get MASN anywhere we are in our RV.I was watching Os in Emerald Isle back in the summer. I sure it has something to do with our zip code. The odd this is we get our local CBS (Greensboro) channel everywhere also. I can watch Greensboro news in Florida..NBC,FOX, ABC locals don't work outside our area.

This reflects on the Orioles and their complete ignoring of the North Carolina market. Raleigh/Durham should be a secondary market for the Nats and Orioles, but the Angelos never gave two ****s about getting MASN into as many Eastern and Central NC homes as possible.

Eastern NC is closer to DC/Baltimore than Atlanta but for some reason, it became Braves Country. MLB has rightly concluded that it should be in the Orioles/Nats market, but the teams do **** all but get fans there.

The Braves also had a team in Raleigh for a while, but I think that team is owned by Milwaukee and moving to Wilson.

You still see more Orioles stuff. I was just in Raleigh for a day a couple weeks ago and ran into quite a bit of Os fans. (I had my Orioles shirt on.)

And because of Sinclair's shenanigans, you can't watch the Braves games either.

Most "sports fans" in Eastern North Carolina are bandwagon riders who root for the Cowboys AND Yankees. And there are a bunch of people who were "die-hard" Patriots fans that have become "lifetime members" of the "Chiefs Kingdom."

The little sports shops in the mall pretty much only carry Chiefs and Cowboys stuff. And for baseball, it's all Yankees.

Andy you should check Direct TV Streaming.See if they offer MASN in your area that way. I get MASN anywhere we are in our RV.I was watching Os in Emerald Isle back in the summer. I sure it has something to do with our zip code. The odd this is we get our local CBS (Greensboro) channel everywhere also. I can watch Greensboro news in Florida..NBC,FOX, ABC locals don't work outside our area.

Looks like MASN on the DIRECTV streaming deal, but not MASN2.

I might have to think about that. I'd probably switch if there were discounts for it for people who already have AT&T Wireless.

YouTube TV's gotten so expensive that it's the same price as the DIRECTV package.

Looks like MASN on the DIRECTV streaming deal, but not MASN2.

I might have to think about that. I'd probably switch if there were discounts for it for people who already have AT&T Wireless.

YouTube TV's gotten so expensive that it's the same price as the DIRECTV package.
Bad news, AT&T and Direct TV split up. Direct TV is offering great deals because they took a big hit losing Sunday Ticket. Lots of people left. My bill was $150 and they lowered it to $80 so we wouldn't leave. I wasn't really gonna leave anyway. LOL

Bad news, AT&T and Direct TV split up. Direct TV is offering great deals because they took a big hit losing Sunday Ticket. Lots of people left. My bill was $150 and they lowered it to $80 so we wouldn't leave. I wasn't really gonna leave anyway. LOL

I didn't know that. I still get **** from AT&T all the time pushing DIRECTV Stream.

AT&T is going to lose a bunch of wireless customers over the next few years if they don't start bundling in streaming services like T-Mobile and Verizon do. AT&T's 5G service is so inferior to T-Mobile and Verizon that it's not even funny, and the other two companies throw in all sorts of things. Verizon does free Sunday Ticket, T-Mobile gives you multiple streaming services free of charge.

My ancient AT&T unlimited plan still gets Max for free. But I don't know for how long at this point. WB Discovery could axe that promotion at any moment. And that's the only thing.

I almost got Sunday Ticket during the promo pricing period but I had a gut feeling the Jaguars were going to be bad this year (and so far, they are), and I already get RedZone on the package that has MAVTV.

Heck, I just looked. It says AT&T TV is Direct Tv stream. The customer service rep told me the other day Direct TV was not associated with at&t anymore. I now assume that just means the Direct Tv sate📡 Who knows...

Heck, I just looked. It says AT&T TV is Direct Tv stream. The customer service rep told me the other day Direct TV was not associated with at&t anymore. I now assume that just means the Direct Tv sate📡 Who knows...

I looked it up. AT&T spun off DirecTV into a separate business, but they still own it. It's just semantics really.

I haven't paid much attention to MLB playoffs or how the seeding works. It's almost better to go in as a #2 seed. you get the #3 division winner (the worst division) or the #6 wildcard (the worst wildcard) the 2nd round. #1 seed gets one of the best of the wild card teams #4 or #5. Even if #6 beats #3, #1 don't play #6 they play #4 or #5. Do any other sports seed like this?

Bad base running by the Phillies early

Back
Top Bottom