MLB 2024 Season

The Nature Boy

NASCAR needs a driver's union
People are attacking the A’s because their ownership is cheap & Las Vegas doesn’t really want the A’s.

And the data showed that Oakland didn't either. 🤷‍♂️

Even when the team was in contention, they were among the bottom feeders in attendance. Fisher is a terrible owner, but moving the team from Oakland is objectively the right thing to do here.

The Nature Boy

If I were John Fisher, I would've explored moving to Sacramento. It allows you to shore up Northern California outside of the Bay and is close enough to your current fanbase that I don't see people being as angry as they are right now.

He has fumbled the Vegas move in every possible way that we don't need to find reasons to attack him. Regardless of where they move, they'll need a temporary place to play.

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
I see people attacking the A's for having to find a temporary home. The A's are in a similar situation as the Nats when they moved from Montreal. They have to find somewhere to play while their stadium is being built. Unfortunately, there is no RFK Stadium equivalent in Las Vegas for them to use.
I remember I think they were still the Expos but they were splitting their time and playing in Puerto Rico

racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
And the data showed that Oakland didn't either. 🤷‍♂️

Even when the team was in contention, they were among the bottom feeders in attendance. Fisher is a terrible owner, but moving the team from Oakland is objectively the right thing to do here.

Oakland Coliseum has been a dump for over 10 years now.

I agree that the California Athletics in Sacramento would be the best choice that they ignored.

kkfan91

I remember that season too. MLB owned the team at the time so it was an easy way to experiment with Puerto Rico as an expansion market.
Yeah I was just looking at it a little they highest attendance they got in Puerto Rico in 2004 was just 16,000.

The Nature Boy

Oakland Coliseum has been a dump for over 10 years now.

I agree that the California Athletics in Sacramento would be the best choice that they ignored.

Sacramento is overlooked as a sports market, mostly because its overshadowed by the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and San Diego. Their metro area is slightly bigger than Vegas and bigger than Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Kansas City. It's also bigger than Nashville and Salt Lake City, which are getting expansion buzz.

I wouldn't give them an expansion team but it seems like a logical move for the A's. They wouldn't be THAT far from their existing fanbase and could put a lock on Northern California, parts of Southern Oregon, and Reno, Nevada.

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)

muggle not

Team Owner
Pirates will be better this year than last. They have an awesome group of young players in their farm system. it will be interesting to see how much they have improved. It may be too early for them yet but the playoffs are certainly the goal.

Go Panthers

We are the people our parents warned us about
Ya'll see these comments from the Mayor of LV in regards to the A's?

i thought this thing was a done deal. I've got a lot of mixed feelings about the A's, I understand the owner hasnt really been putting a competitive product on the field, is that because of cheapness, or because their stadium situation is just that bad?

With that being said, the A's should not be playing in their current stadium, its awful.

The Nature Boy

i thought this thing was a done deal. I've got a lot of mixed feelings about the A's, I understand the owner hasnt really been putting a competitive product on the field, is that because of cheapness, or because their stadium situation is just that bad?

With that being said, the A's should not be playing in their current stadium, its awful.

The Strip isn’t in the City of Las Vegas so the mayor’s opinion is irrelevant. The A’s need a new stadium and a city that will actually turn out to support them.

If it’s not Vegas then another city will take them.

racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
The Strip isn’t in the City of Las Vegas so the mayor’s opinion is irrelevant. The A’s need a new stadium and a city that will actually turn out to support them.

If it’s not Vegas then another city will take them.

California A’s sounds good in Sacramento.

I’m not a fan on the A’s in Las Vegas. The Las Vegas 51s/Aviators have a nice ballpark in Summerlin.

Las Vegas deserves an MLS team >> MLB.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner

The owner will be a massive obstacle to getting a move completed no matter where. Really embarrassing for Major League Baseball.

Last year he was complaining that the stadium he built for his MLS team back in 2015 is already outdated, which he was too cheap to finish building to renderings anyways. Even by typical nepo baby standards the guy is really dreadful.

The Nature Boy

The owner will be a massive obstacle to getting a move completed no matter where. Really embarrassing for Major League Baseball.

Last year he was complaining that the stadium he built for his MLS team back in 2015 is already outdated, which he was too cheap to finish building to renderings anyways. Even by typical nepo baby standards the guy is really dreadful.

John Fisher is the biggest idiot in Major League Baseball.

Separately, I am tired of Red Sox fans and their perpetual doomerism around the team. We legit have clowns saying that our owners need to sell the team. You would think they'd see John Fisher and realize what an actual incompetent owner looks like.

Jorge De Guzman

2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
Speaking of inept owners trying to get new stadiums built, my White Sox unveiled renderings of this beauty yesterday

kkfan91

Speaking of inept owners trying to get new stadiums built, my White Sox unveiled renderings of this beauty yesterday

I'm assuming the infield wouldn't actually be white...

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Opening weekend in college baseball.

I’m not sure how this happens unless you have beef with the entire opposing pitching staff? Insane.

Top Bottom