Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by AndyMarquisLive, Dec 19, 2016.

1. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

2. AndyMarquisLive

New NASCAR logo too

tweeten-1482181532184.jpg

Pat, RacerrecaR, kymartin6 and 6 others like this.
  3. Javier

Javier Car Chief

4. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

Meh. The new name doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as Sprint Cup Series.

Not too much of a noticeable difference in the bar logo.

5. AndyMarquisLive

I like the branding, hate the new logo though. Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series works.

Would like to see the Xfinity Series renamed XFINITY NASCAR Grand National Series.

2 Sweet and LouieLouie like this.
  6. Javier

Javier Car Chief

I concur, Nascar Grand National...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

7. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Glad they kept the Cup in the name. My brother has a problem with Monster being before Nascar. I think it's fine though, dig the new NASCAR logo aswell

FLRacingFan and Charlie Spencer like this.
  8. 29-4

29-4 Team Owner

The name is too long. Surprised they felt the need to include NASCAR in it.

9. R Clarence

R Clarence Team Owner

Works for me.

10. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Yeah. ARCA would've fit better. :rolleyes:

AndyMarquisLive likes this.
  11. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

And me.

DanicaFreak likes this.
  12. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Did you actually say 'Sprint Cup Series' in conversation, or did you call it just 'Cup' like the rest of us? 'Cause that's how 99.8% of us are still going to refer to it.

Works for me too. Beats 'NASCAR Unsponsored Premiere Legacy Series'.

13. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Everything's Great!

I don't hate it.

14. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

I referred to it as a "Sprint Cup race" or "NASCAR race" when telling non-race friends why I was headed to Dover those weekends.

Skoalbandit33 and FLRacingFan like this.
  15. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle.

The sanctioning body should go before the title sponsor but whatever. They are racing for the NASCAR Cup now. That makes no ******* sense.

I'll find better sh!t to bitch about once Feb rolls around though.

The new logo looks nice... The old one wasn't broken but that's Big Brian's MO.

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  16. AndyMarquisLive

Speaking of... "ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards" was a lot of fun to type out. So was "Lucas Oil 200 at Daytona presented by MAVTV American Real"

17. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Make sense when Supercross also has Monster Energy Cup.

18. Speedbowl14

Speedbowl14 Tony Stewart and the Waterford Speedbowl

WTF is that? Simplistic with an angry font. The color bar gave us the coolest logo in major sports, imo.

19. DUN24

I hear ya, but I think it's the premier Motorsports championship in the US should get the benifit over the preseason exhibition supercross race that half the pro riders take off.

I'm gonna start calling the Fall Supercross race "The Monster Energy Supercross Cup- not the championship though, just the cup" lol.

20. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

Speaking of Supercross my buddy just picked up our tickets for the first race in 2017 at Anaheim stadium. I hope he got us in a suite again.:)

21. DUN24

The track map is bitchin. A1 and A2 which I believe is on 1/23 look like fantastic layouts. I'm getting seats down the 1st base line to one of the rounds, for sure.

Nitro Dude likes this.
  22. joe h

joe h Crew Chief

Funny, now all of those tv and radio commentators will be forced to say that tongue twister every time, or lose their job.

23. Allenbaba

Allenbaba Team Owner

"Cup." That's what I used to call it, that's what I'll continue to call it.

In other news, it will be easier to find its abbreviation on the NASCAR generated track schedules. NXS & NSCS & NCWTS all seemed similar enough on paper to constantly mess me up. At least MENCS (or as I'll now call it, "Mencs") will stand out much better, and ensure I no longer quote wrong times to people because I confused the abbreviations. #winning

24. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

I understand your position my brother had the same opinion. To me being the NASCAR Cup makes it sound more prestigious than Monster Energy Cup. They didn't put premiere in the name so they did the right thing.

cheesepuffs, FLRacingFan and DUN24 like this.
  25. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Not a bad modernization of the logo, but I still prefer the rainbow bar.

2 Sweet, FLRacingFan and DUN24 like this.
  26. Blaze88

Blaze88 Midnight Rider

Nice. I like it.

27. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

28. jws926

jws926 Japanse Cars Are The Best

Happy that "Cup" is staying, overall, its just name so I am not going to get too worked up over it.

cheesepuffs likes this.
  29. Charlie Spencer

Well, that failed one of my personal standards for evaluating a promotional video, that being the video should make some sense with the audio off. Three seconds of motion and 27 of static logo.

Speedbowl14 and Blaze88 like this.
  30. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Same here, fine by me.

Yes, I'm glad for that continuity.

The new logo is a good design, still instantly recognizable but modernized.

31. jws926

Yep, I like it

32. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

I feel like they left the word "cup" alone because they knew this name was way too long and people would continue to only refer to it as the cup series.

This name also shows me that a sponsor is imperative to the life of the series. They could have very easily just rolled with the "NASCAR Cup Series" and skipped the sponsor search entirely. A lot of people wondered why they didn't just do that.

33. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Everything's Great!

At the very least, now people might stop calling Sprint Cup cars "sprint cars".

34. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Not much of a fan of the new NASCAR logo, but no big deal. And no disrespect to Monster, but I'm glad they kept "Cup" in there so we can keep saying that in casual conservation.

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  35. I'm glad they kept Cup also........ but.... It wouldn't have mattered.... I'd still call it Cup...... just like I still call Xfinity ..... Busch Series....

36. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Team Owner

I'm glad that "Monster" (and their green logo) is now sponsoring the cup series. In the past, every time they flashed the "Sprint" bright yellow logo on the screen I thought the damn "CAUTION" had just come out!

Simple Fan, Whiskyb, ToyYoda and 7 others like this.
  37. Speedbowl14

Speedbowl14 Tony Stewart and the Waterford Speedbowl

Imagine if Monster got involved in the truck series? They'd be called "Monster trucks" :D

Oh how the masses would be confused!!!

38. Charlie Spencer

Yeah, this gets rid of my two biggest complaints regarding Sprint as the title sponsor.

39. jws926

Now, we all think the green flag is being thrown again.

Blaze88 likes this.
  40. Charlie Spencer

I wish they hadn't asked about the logo on the most recent Fan Council survey. The more I look at it, the more indifferent to it I become. It's just the Monster logo above the new NASCAR logo. It's really kind of boring.

Can you see that on a hat pin? If it's going to be on a patch, what shape would it be? Will NASCAR still use ovals as a unifying shape for the logos of the top three touring series? When it's embroidered on a firesuit, will it have to be on a black background? If not, how will the white letters be outlined on a white firesuit or car?

The more I look at the series logo, the more it feels like as much of a rush job as the sponsorship deal itself.