Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
mencs.jpg

Meh. The new name doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as Sprint Cup Series.

Not too much of a noticeable difference in the bar logo.

I like the branding, hate the new logo though. Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series works.

Would like to see the Xfinity Series renamed XFINITY NASCAR Grand National Series.
I concur, Nascar Grand National...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The name is too long. Surprised they felt the need to include NASCAR in it.

Did you actually say 'Sprint Cup Series' in conversation, or did you call it just 'Cup' like the rest of us? 'Cause that's how 99.8% of us are still going to refer to it.

Works for me too. Beats 'NASCAR Unsponsored Premiere Legacy Series'.

The sanctioning body should go before the title sponsor but whatever. They are racing for the NASCAR Cup now. That makes no ****** sense.

I'll find better **** to bitch about once Feb rolls around though.

The new logo looks nice... The old one wasn't broken but that's Big Brian's MO.

The name is too long. Surprised they felt the need to include NASCAR in it.
Yeah. ARCA would've fit better. :rolleyes:

Speaking of... "ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards" was a lot of fun to type out. So was "Lucas Oil 200 at Daytona presented by MAVTV American Real"

Make sense when Supercross also has Monster Energy Cup.

I hear ya, but I think it's the premier Motorsports championship in the US should get the benifit over the preseason exhibition supercross race that half the pro riders take off.

I'm gonna start calling the Fall Supercross race "The Monster Energy Supercross Cup- not the championship though, just the cup" lol.

Speaking of Supercross my buddy just picked up our tickets for the first race in 2017 at Anaheim stadium. I hope he got us in a suite again.:)

The track map is bitchin. A1 and A2 which I believe is on 1/23 look like fantastic layouts. I'm getting seats down the 1st base line to one of the rounds, for sure.

Funny, now all of those tv and radio commentators will be forced to say that tongue twister every time, or lose their job.

"Cup." That's what I used to call it, that's what I'll continue to call it.

In other news, it will be easier to find its abbreviation on the NASCAR generated track schedules. NXS & NSCS & NCWTS all seemed similar enough on paper to constantly mess me up. At least MENCS (or as I'll now call it, "Mencs") will stand out much better, and ensure I no longer quote wrong times to people because I confused the abbreviations. #winning

I hear ya, but I think it's the premier Motorsports championship in the US should get the benifit over the preseason exhibition supercross race that half the pro riders take off.

I'm gonna start calling the Fall Supercross race "The Monster Energy Supercross Cup- not the championship though, just the cup" lol.

I understand your position my brother had the same opinion. To me being the NASCAR Cup makes it sound more prestigious than Monster Energy Cup. They didn't put premiere in the name so they did the right thing.

Happy that "Cup" is staying, overall, its just name so I am not going to get too worked up over it.

I feel like they left the word "cup" alone because they knew this name was way too long and people would continue to only refer to it as the cup series.

This name also shows me that a sponsor is imperative to the life of the series. They could have very easily just rolled with the "NASCAR Cup Series" and skipped the sponsor search entirely. A lot of people wondered why they didn't just do that.

Not much of a fan of the new NASCAR logo, but no big deal. And no disrespect to Monster, but I'm glad they kept "Cup" in there so we can keep saying that in casual conservation.

Not much of a fan of the new NASCAR logo, but no big deal. And no disrespect to Monster, but I'm glad they kept "Cup" in there so we can keep saying that in casual conservation.
I'm glad they kept Cup also........ but.... It wouldn't have mattered.... I'd still call it Cup...... just like I still call Xfinity ..... Busch Series....

At the very least, now people might stop calling Sprint Cup cars "sprint cars".
I'm glad that "Monster" (and their green logo) is now sponsoring the cup series. In the past, every time they flashed the "Sprint" bright yellow logo on the screen I thought the damn "CAUTION" had just come out!
Yeah, this gets rid of my two biggest complaints regarding Sprint as the title sponsor.

I'm glad that "Monster" (and their green logo) is now sponsoring the cup series. In the past, every time they flashed the "Sprint" bright yellow logo on the screen I thought the damn "CAUTION" had just come out!
Now, we all think the green flag is being thrown again.

I wish they hadn't asked about the logo on the most recent Fan Council survey. The more I look at it, the more indifferent to it I become. It's just the Monster logo above the new NASCAR logo. It's really kind of boring.

Can you see that on a hat pin? If it's going to be on a patch, what shape would it be? Will NASCAR still use ovals as a unifying shape for the logos of the top three touring series? When it's embroidered on a firesuit, will it have to be on a black background? If not, how will the white letters be outlined on a white firesuit or car?

The more I look at the series logo, the more it feels like as much of a rush job as the sponsorship deal itself.

Back
Top Bottom