Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

I wish they hadn't asked about the logo on the most recent Fan Council survey. The more I look at it, the more indifferent to it I become. It's just the Monster logo above the new NASCAR logo. It's really kind of boring.

Can you see that on a hat pin? If it's going to be on a patch, what shape would it be? Will NASCAR still use ovals as a unifying shape for the logos of the top three touring series? When it's embroidered on a firesuit, will it have to be on a black background? If not, how will the white letters be outlined on a white firesuit or car?

The more I look at the series logo, the more it feels like as much of a rush job as the sponsorship deal itself.

The update to the NASCAR logo is deceptively simple, in line with trends in logo design. I think that itself is sharp, and I often hate revised designs at first glance. The mashup of the Monster graphics and the NASCAR logo is nothing special, but it's in line with what I've seen them do everywhere else. It's always very basic and not tight enough (too much negative space) for my taste, but it's...fine.

I'm just so glad to be done with Sprint.

I like the new NASCAR logo but hate the series name. I was skeptical about "Cup" being removed from the name, but now seeing the new name I wish it had been removed. Either Monster Energy NASCAR Series or NASCAR Monster Energy Series would have been much better in my opinion.

When the sponsor graphics are that much freaking bigger than the name of the series itself, it really drives home the point that Monster had them by the youknowwhat.

I'm just glad Brian was able to sign a sponsor so he can continue making his support payments.
Sprint was a lousy name considering it isn't even known in Canada. At least we sell all the brands of Monster, however the name Cup will still prevail as it should.

Love the new logo but the series name is a solid meh.

The more I think about the name, the dumber it sounds. Flip the NASCAR and the Monster Energy and it sounds fine.

This is how I felt when they renamed the Angels, "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" also known as, "The The Angels Angels of Anaheim" plus the whole Anaheim isn't in LA thing... it's not even in LA County.... They want to build a new Stadium in Tustin ffs.

Please please please let's just abbreviate it NCS instead of the completely stupid MENCS.

I thought for sure that the name 'Cup' was all but gone from the series. Ever since the banquet ended along with Sprints exit, everyone associated with NASCAR begin referring to it as NASCAR's Premier Series. Anyhow, not a big deal. Most everyone would have continued to refer to it as Cup regardless.

I've got a feeling that the name switch from the Sprint Cup Series to the Monster Energy Cup Series will come way easier than when the Winston to Sprint change occurred. Even Sprint, after a while, became the norm though. Well, for those of us not stuck in some previous era.

The more I think about the name, the dumber it sounds. Flip the NASCAR and the Monster Energy and it sounds fine.

This is how I felt when they renamed the Angels, "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" also known as, "The The Angels Angels of Anaheim" plus the whole Anaheim isn't in LA thing... it's not even in LA County.... They want to build a new Stadium in Tustin ffs.
The Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim of Tustin.

Glad they kept the Cup in the name. My brother has a problem with Monster being before Nascar. I think it's fine though, dig the new NASCAR logo aswell
I think the thing with it being the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup as opposed to the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup is that people might simply refer to it as "NASCAR Cup" now, unlike the past where the sponsor immediately preceded the word "Cup". That could be a backfire for Monster.

I attended a college basketball game with my son this weekend.All around us young fans had their phones out playing with them while the game was going on.It was a close game until the last 5 minutes.This is the crowd Brian is counting on Monster to bring to Nascar.

I attended a college basketball game with my son this weekend.All around us young fans had their phones out playing with them while the game was going on.It was a close game until the last 5 minutes.This is the crowd Brian is counting on Monster to bring to Nascar.

Spoiler alert! Not gonna happen.

I thought for sure that the name 'Cup' was all but gone from the series. Ever since the banquet ended along with Sprints exit, everyone associated with NASCAR begin referring to it as NASCAR's Premier Series. Anyhow, not a big deal. Most everyone would have continued to refer to it as Cup regardless.

I've got a feeling that the name switch from the Sprint Cup Series to the Monster Energy Cup Series will come way easier than when the Winston to Sprint change occurred. Even Sprint, after a while, became the norm though. Well, for those of us not stuck in some previous era.

Nascar.com still calls it the premier series.

I care about everything NASCAR....except this. Not even a little. BTW.....Monster won't bring younger fans. Older fans bring younger fans, and if you believe this board, older fans are frustrated with NASCAR, so this probably isn't going to work. Can't imagine the posts when you have the radical Monster vibe playing to the older set.

They better do some editing before then.
My mistake, it was one of the rag sites that still calls it Premier Series. I guess
they didn't get the memo yet.

The 2 worded Monster NASCAR was better. In advertising, the name matters alot. Starbucks makes millions, because it is a shorter name, as does apple

They paid to get in the door, no?

What a paying customer does while at the event does not matter. Their money is still worth the same.

Most tracks have already or plan to improve their wi-fi coverage.

Why do you suppose the broadcasters paid more for the broadband rights?

The logos or names don't impact me as I don't see them even though I am not blind and I am serious when I say this as IDK what color the walls in my house are unless I am looking at them and then I forget. On the other hand I can look at a map once and never have to reference it again as I can recall it instantly and accurately. When I am out taking pictures I can take in a lot of information quickly and see things others don't and if a 1962 Ford Cortina applied its brakes at night I could tell you the year make and model of the car from a mile away. Same thing for most Humber's, Rover's, and North American Iron.

I am assuming I will refer to cup as cup and the second tier is the BGN series although I try and put X when I am referring to it on this forum. I will never call Cup MENCS but may refer to it as Un-Mensch as that is basically what it is.

Nascar.com still calls it the premier series.
Another reason I suspect this was done on the fly. While it takes a few days to make those changes, the site could have been updated in advance offline and rolled out concurrently with the announcement.

This whole deal is more 'seat of the pants' than a Levi's outlet.

They paid to get in the door, no?

What a paying customer does while at the event does not matter. Their money is still worth the same.
Uh, if those young fans at a college ball game are students, they likely got in without paying admission. Students usually get in either for free or have substantially discounted tickets included in mandatory student fees.

With the on track product Nascar routinely produces it may not be a bad thing and as long as they have paid for a ticket that is all that really matters. For whatever reason people don't fully engage in work or play anymore as the electronic device they have with them trumps everything. Go to a restaurant and see the couples and families individually hammering away on devices instead of speaking with each other or glance over a the cars you pass and you see the same thing.

Someone did this Photoshop yesterday... All they did was remove the slant and it's a huge improvement. Manages to be both vintage and modern.
C0EgL79UoAAWBcg.jpg

I like the slant, esp. when paired with the Monster logo. Without it, the block letters look like a continuation of 'E N E R G Y' when the logos are combined.
'Vintage', I can pretty well recognize. I'm not sure what makes a logo 'modern'. Cropping out the top, bottom, or one side and then skewing the logo seems to be popular. For example, see what the sports networks do to team logos. I frickin' hate that.

I like the slant, esp. when paired with the Monster logo. Without it, the block letters look like a continuation of 'E N E R G Y' when the logos are combined.
'Vintage', I can pretty well recognize. I'm not sure what makes a logo 'modern'. Cropping out the top, bottom, or one side and then skewing the logo seems to be popular. For example, see what the sports networks do to team logos. I frickin' hate that.

Right now, everyone's making their logos cleaner. Instead of fancy artwork, the text is clean and readable and generally either beside or underneath a graphic. And TV sports graphics are clean and easy to read, with the exception of Fox Sports which seems hellbent on having a cleaner version of graphics from the 1990s for some reason.

Right now, everyone's making their logos cleaner. Instead of fancy artwork, the text is clean and readable and generally either beside or underneath a graphic. And TV sports graphics are clean and easy to read, with the exception of Fox Sports which seems hellbent on having a cleaner version of graphics from the 1990s for some reason.
Thanks. Now can you explain 'edgy' to me?

Fox Sports graphics are done by that group of people who also insist on using every whiz-bang effect in PowerPoint; the 'More is better' school of design, donchukno? Sometimes I'm amazed they save space for the actual camera feeds.

I suspect the 'cleaner' trend is so a logo can be easily seen on itsy-bitsy screens. :rolleyes:

Thanks. Now can you explain 'edgy' to me?

It's a nicer way of saying "provocative". Hip, cool, pushing the envelope... that describes Monster.

I suspect the 'cleaner' trend is so a logo can be easily seen on itsy-bitsy screens. :rolleyes:

That's part of it. More people use their phones for everyday tasks than computers anymore.

Might as well. A TV costs $150, a phone costs $700.
I can see a conflict coming for content producers. How much do they compromise when creating images that are loaded with details or panoramic shots so they'll look great on a 60" TV but not be reduced to incomprehensibility on a 6" phone display?

Personally, I'll always go with the bigger screen. I don't need to be 'in the know' immediately, and won't watch live sports on a phone when I can set the DVR it for later viewing on the telly. It's all part of planning ahead, a skill that seems to be on the decline as people become more dependent on connectivity. Just me, I guess, and I increasingly get the feeling it really is JUST me.

I can see a conflict coming for content producers. How much do they compromise when creating images that are loaded with details or panoramic shots so they'll look great on a 60" TV but not be reduced to incomprehensibility on a 6" phone display?

Personally, I'll always go with the bigger screen. I don't need to be 'in the know' immediately, and won't watch live sports on a phone when I can set the DVR it for later viewing on the telly. It's all part of planning ahead, a skill that seems to be on the decline as people become more dependent on connectivity. Just me, I guess, and I increasingly get the feeling it really is JUST me.

You'd be surprised how good the picture quality is on most smartphones.

Back
Top Bottom