Montoya out of EGR in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither is your Avatar. Just because Martin is driving Chevy and got out of one of those rice burner hand grenades. The man is looking out for his safety..Turex with a broken wrist..Hamlin, with his back, oh the carnage. :)
Speaking of avatars, time to click those slippers Dorothy and go home ;)

MCMurray had a good car last night, had more experience then most driving the race, His team mate Regan Smith finished 2nd, and he only finished 10th. I think it is the drivers at EGR myself. finishing 10th in a Hendrick prepared car in a Nationwide race, cup regular..pitiful.

That 5 car in Nationwide hasn't exactly been good this year with Kahne either.

No wins and Mcmurray got a top ten in the car. Not like he finished 25th or anything lol.

I would love to see JPM be successful somewhere in NASCAR.

If he were to become just a halfway decent threat to win a race every once and awhile, it just might wake up what I believe to be a sizable Hispanic NASCAR fan base.

Article about Nascar´s lucky dog ruling favoring Jeff Gordon over Montoya at Richmond last week.

Maybe not -inconsistencies galore- but enough to start a discussion.

Here is a quote from NASCAR vice president Robin Pemberton:
"There are balls and there are strikes. Sometimes you don't like the call. Sometimes we don't even like the call we have to make. I just want to remind everybody: Do not put us in that position where we have to make the call. Because more times than not, it isn't going to be in your favor and we don't want to do that. OK?"
I understand this quote was from the pre-race meeting. After seven years as a NASCAR fan I still don't understand the rules, right when I think I got a handle on them something happens to make me think that this folks have no rules, and that only the RULER controls outcome, you know as long as it benefits the show.
Just guessing folks, but it really appears to me that is what we are dealing with.

Am I wrong when Montoya was denied the lucky dog after running in that position for about a zillion laps, JEFF GORDON somehow got it, JEFF GORDON somehow got it , yes I had to repeat it because I still don't get this, here are some quotes from Juan Pablo Montoya fans:
" Juan left a 10 car space and went to the bottom during the caution, so others could pass him, which they didn't -> drive through -> -1 lap

- didn't get a caution while being a lucky dog for 150 laps

- finally get a caution with about 80 laps to go to get back to the lead lap -> NASCAR wants Gordon in the Chase and Gordon gets the lucky dog even though Gordon was on pit road and Juan in turn 1 while the caution came out "
That quote is from a fan in Germany. NASCAR's rules are now part of an international forum.

Honestly I don't get this one. I remember when Juan was caught on the pits during a caution about a month ago he went a lap down. I thought that was the rule. Gordon gets caught in the pits and they give him the lucky dog. Please help this blogger with this, give me some answers.

More quotes from non-typical NASCAR fans or better said, Juan Pablo Montoya fans:

"I was wondering how JG got the lap back instead of Juan...didn't realize it was a "call" by NASCAR. Typical NASCAR shenanigans. The Bowyer spin was pretty shameful too. Not going to lose any sleep over Newman getting shafted by it though! What a creep he is, completely threw his team under the bus for the final pit stop."

This quote is from Pennsylvania.
One more :
"Still don't understand why JPM didn't get the caution when Johnson brought out the caution. Anyone have the video that explains what just happened. Not fair at all that they gave it to the 24!!!!"
Fans from Germany to the Netherlands, the far east, Canada, most of South America, and even folks from Washington State and Pennsylvania are questioning NASCAR's rule book. If you go into one of JPM fan sites those are just a few of the countless countries who read about NASCAR because JPM is racing here. They are not getting a good image of the sport.

Why didn't I say anything about Bowyer and the phantom spin, well, this is about NASCAR's inconsistencies, NASCAR had nothing to do with the spingate.

As always this is a fans opinion and from what I understand everyone has one and I'm thankful for that.
Enough said.
ring Jeff Gordon over Montoya.

cochole......rumour......andretti may go w/ 6 teams.....has 2 sponsors fer jpm in indycar ???

if jpm goes indy.....whole damn chase field better be worried bout him next 10 races...not gordon / clint ! ha!

I'm still hoping Juan goes to Furniture Row. I have no clue who else they could find to fill that ride.

NASCAR has always leaned a degree or two towards the WWE in its orchestration of what they think would be a good show.

Article about Nascar´s lucky dog ruling favoring Jeff Gordon over Montoya at Richmond last week.

Maybe not -inconsistencies galore- but enough to start a discussion.

Here is a quote from NASCAR vice president Robin Pemberton:
"There are balls and there are strikes. Sometimes you don't like the call. Sometimes we don't even like the call we have to make. I just want to remind everybody: Do not put us in that position where we have to make the call. Because more times than not, it isn't going to be in your favor and we don't want to do that. OK?"
I understand this quote was from the pre-race meeting. After seven years as a NASCAR fan I still don't understand the rules, right when I think I got a handle on them something happens to make me think that this folks have no rules, and that only the RULER controls outcome, you know as long as it benefits the show.
Just guessing folks, but it really appears to me that is what we are dealing with.

Am I wrong when Montoya was denied the lucky dog after running in that position for about a zillion laps, JEFF GORDON somehow got it, JEFF GORDON somehow got it , yes I had to repeat it because I still don't get this, here are some quotes from Juan Pablo Montoya fans:
" Juan left a 10 car space and went to the bottom during the caution, so others could pass him, which they didn't -> drive through -> -1 lap

- didn't get a caution while being a lucky dog for 150 laps

- finally get a caution with about 80 laps to go to get back to the lead lap -> NASCAR wants Gordon in the Chase and Gordon gets the lucky dog even though Gordon was on pit road and Juan in turn 1 while the caution came out "
That quote is from a fan in Germany. NASCAR's rules are now part of an international forum.

Honestly I don't get this one. I remember when Juan was caught on the pits during a caution about a month ago he went a lap down. I thought that was the rule. Gordon gets caught in the pits and they give him the lucky dog. Please help this blogger with this, give me some answers.

More quotes from non-typical NASCAR fans or better said, Juan Pablo Montoya fans:

"I was wondering how JG got the lap back instead of Juan...didn't realize it was a "call" by NASCAR. Typical NASCAR shenanigans. The Bowyer spin was pretty shameful too. Not going to lose any sleep over Newman getting shafted by it though! What a creep he is, completely threw his team under the bus for the final pit stop."

This quote is from Pennsylvania.
One more :
"Still don't understand why JPM didn't get the caution when Johnson brought out the caution. Anyone have the video that explains what just happened. Not fair at all that they gave it to the 24!!!!"
Fans from Germany to the Netherlands, the far east, Canada, most of South America, and even folks from Washington State and Pennsylvania are questioning NASCAR's rule book. If you go into one of JPM fan sites those are just a few of the countless countries who read about NASCAR because JPM is racing here. They are not getting a good image of the sport.

Why didn't I say anything about Bowyer and the phantom spin, well, this is about NASCAR's inconsistencies, NASCAR had nothing to do with the spingate.

As always this is a fans opinion and from what I understand everyone has one and I'm thankful for that.
Enough said.
ring Jeff Gordon over Montoya.

So was Gordon not the first car a lap down at the time of caution?

Todd Berrier was on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio talking about a bunch of things leading up to the Chase. One of the things that he mentioned was JPM's visit to the race shop. He sure made it sound like he's the front runner to fill that position of the vacated Kurt Busch seat.

Clearly all this MWR spin, and Penske radio stuff is just a guise to cover up NASCAR's real agenda...to screw Montoya :D

Todd Berrier was on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio talking about a bunch of things leading up to the Chase. One of the things that he mentioned was JPM's visit to the race shop. He sure made it sound like he's the front runner to fill that position of the vacated Kurt Busch seat.
It would be a hell of a seat if he can get it. Be interesting to see if he can do with it what Kurt has done. that would be a trip Montoya in the chase.

You think Montoya wants to race that bad that he would move to Colorado? wonder what the wifey would think about that? Inquiring minds want to know? Part of the scuttle butt at Ganassi was that Juan wasn't around much, don't know if that is so, but if it was, Colorado is way farther than Miami- Charlotte.

You think Montoya wants to race that bad that he would move to Colorado? wonder what the wifey would think about that? Inquiring minds want to know? Part of the scuttle butt at Ganassi was that Juan wasn't around much, don't know if that is so, but if it was, Colorado is way farther than Miami- Charlotte.

not in a fast plane ! ha!

So was Gordon not the first car a lap down at the time of caution?

No Sir. It was Montoya and Gordon was in the pits when the yelllow flag came out. Well, you have seen how this evolved into adding a 13th driver in the Chase and guess who it was ? Jeff Gordon.

I really dont mind since I like Gordon but it took a chance from Montoya to do better than 16th since it would have put him in the lead lap.

I like Nascar since it is one of the greatest shows on earth. Nascar is own by a private company so the owners can do anything they want to make it a SHOW.

MUCHOS DOLARES MUCHO DINERO

Last edited by a moderator:

Don´t worry about it. Juan Pablo has his own bird: N42JP

and it is not a JET dryer :D

6332739941_48e10855df_z.jpg

EGR will have a public relations nightmare with fans and sponsors if Montoya continues to do well as he has lately.

Sponsors would be looking at each other and to EGR and say "Why in the world you switched a veteran driver with a rookie ? and they would have to wait until 2014 to prove everybody wrong.

Montoya starts in the second row tomorrow. Would he take the first lap from Logano as he did in the past race against Stenhouse ?

No Sir. It was Montoya and Gordon was in the pits when the yelllow flag came out. Well, you have seen how this evolved into adding a 13th driver in the Chase and guess who it was ? Jeff Gordon.

I really dont mind since I like Gordon but it took a chance from Montoya to do better than 16th since it would have put him in the lead lap.

I like Nascar since it is one of the greatest shows on earth. Nascar is own by a private company so the owners can do anything they want to make it a SHOW.

That seems very odd. Perhaps Jeff had just barely gone a lap down as the caution came out and Montoya hadn't passed him yet to reclaim the lucky dog position that he had before Jeff went down pit road?

Is there scoring posted online that shows the position of every car at the moment of caution? I'd like to think what you're saying isn't true, but now I'm wanting to see stats since I (and the rest of us) have seen NASCAR manipulate races in the past.

EGR will have a public relations nightmare with fans and sponsors if Montoya continues to do well as he has lately.

Sponsors would be looking at each other and to EGR and say "Why in the world you switched a veteran driver with a rookie ? and they would have to wait until 2014 to prove everybody wrong.

Montoya starts in the second row tomorrow. Would he take the first lap from Logano as he did in the past race against Stenhouse ?

I think he's destined for the 78 ride but honestly, I don't think it's that foolish that EGR let him go. Kyle Larson is a hot commodity as much as I like Juan, he hasn't proven he can win on ovals..I know its just talking in circles but to me, he only really makes EGR look foolish if he wins over the next ten.

Gordon was on the lead lap and Montoya was one lap down. Gordon pitted and the caution came out while he was in the pits. Once the caution comes out they go back to the last scoring loop to determine their positions. He passed the last scoring loop ahead of Montoya. It's as simple as that.

There is still a lot left in the 2014 Nascar Sprint Cup; 10 races.

If it is about winning and percentages Montoya is due for a win; Montoya wins every two years so he is due.

It would take "Earnhart Ganassi Racing" to put it together; including the owners Ganassi, Sabate, and Ameli

Things that can take away Montoya´s lane to redemption:
  • Loosen lugnuts
  • Knowing how much fuel is left in tank
  • Not speeding on pit lane
  • No yellow flags when Montoya is about to win a race
  • Two or four decisions
  • 14 or less in every pit stop
  • No jet dryers
  • Proper assignments of "Lucky Dogs" by the officials
  • No wrecks or concerted actions to affect restarts.
  • Jaime Mac Murray winning in one of the last 10 races of the 2014 Nascar Sprint Cup Chase
Montoya needs to let all of the other racers that he is entitled to winning and positioning himself as a contender for GLORY. If you are one in the 13, you should be aware that Montoya wont take any dirty tricks from anyone and they might find themselves in the 35 position of the race. "13" is in the air and the game´s witches and wizzards are mastering the final scene of the 2014 Sprint Cup show for the enjoyment of Nascar fans; me included.

Montoya has said: His ideal choice would be in a Hendricks´s car and specifically mentioned the 24 of Jeff Gordon. So now, he needs to keep his head cool and finished like the CHAMPION RACER he has been since he already has offers on the table.

There are good teams, good sponsors, and businesses of opportunities to be cashed by Juan Pablo in Nascar.

Juan Pablo would based his decision on whatever the most sense to Juan Pablo and his wife.

Montoya has an abundant amount of leverage to get sponsors, even after target and Texas Oil Co, TEXACO HAVOLINE and many other consumer brands marketed or not yet marketed to Hispanic Americans. Hispanics are very diverse according to their country of origin, education and income and mostly bonded by a common language.

It all come to EGR, hopefully they are learning the lesson about low balling Juan Pablo´s contract. If EGR does not get a win with Jaime Mac Murray in the remaining 2014 Sprint CUP, it is going to be a long winter for Sabates and Ganassi.

As a result, the EGR would be the next one to go.

MUCHO DINERO MUCHOS DOLARES !

Gordon was on the lead lap and Montoya was one lap down. Gordon pitted and the caution came out while he was in the pits. Once the caution comes out they go back to the last scoring loop to determine their positions. He passed the last scoring loop ahead of Montoya. It's as simple as that.

# 42 was the leading car of all of the overlapped cars. He should have gotten the "Lucky Dog"

Nascar, The Greatest Show on the Face of the Earth. It is a show.

"THE REPLAY"

Whose on First ?
Lou Costello is considering becoming a ballplayer. Bud Abbott wants to make sure he knows what he's getting into.
Abbott: Strange as it may seem, they give ball players nowadays very peculiar names.
Costello: Funny names?
Abbott: Nicknames, nicknames. Now, on the St. Louis team we have Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third--
Costello: That's what I want to find out. I want you to tell me the names of the fellows on the St. Louis team.
Abbott: I'm telling you. Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third--
Costello: You know the fellows' names?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: Well, then who's playing first?
Costello: I mean the fellow's name on first base.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The fellow playin' first base.
Costello: The guy on first base.
Abbott: Who is on first.
Costello: Well, what are you askin' me for?
Abbott: I'm not asking you--I'm telling you. Who is on first.
Costello: I'm asking you--who's on first?
Abbott: That's the man's name.
Costello: That's who's name?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Costello: When you pay off the first baseman every month, who gets the money?
Abbott: Every dollar of it. And why not, the man's entitled to it.
Costello: Who is?
Costello: So who gets it?
Abbott: Why shouldn't he? Sometimes his wife comes down and collects it.
Costello: Who's wife?
Abbott: Yes. After all, the man earns it.
Costello: Who does?
Abbott: Absolutely.
Costello: Well, all I'm trying to find out is what's the guy's name on first base?
Abbott: Oh, no, no. What is on second base.
Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.
Abbott: Who's on first!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Costello: St. Louis has a good outfield?
Abbott: Oh, absolutely.
Costello: The left fielder's name?
Abbott: Why.
Costello: I don't know, I just thought I'd ask.
Abbott: Well, I just thought I'd tell you.
Costello: Then tell me who's playing left field?
Abbott: Who's playing first.
Costello: Stay out of the infield! The left fielder's name?
Costello: Because.
Abbott: Oh, he's center field.
Costello: Wait a minute. You got a pitcher on this team?
Abbott: Wouldn't this be a fine team w i t h o u t a pitcher?
Costello: Tell me the pitcher's name.
Abbott: Tomorrow.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Costello: Now, when the guy at bat bunts the ball--me being a good catcher--I want to throw the guy out at first base, so I pick up the ball and throw it to who?
Abbott: Now, that's he first thing you've said right.
Costello: I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
Abbott: Don't get excited. Take it easy.
Costello: I throw the ball to first base, whoever it is grabs the ball, so the guy runs to second. Who picks up the ball and throws it to what. What throws it to I don't know. I don't know throws it back to tomorrow--a triple play.
Abbott: Yeah, it could be.
Costello: Another guy gets up and it's a long ball to center.
Abbott: Because.
Costello: Why? I don't know. And I don't care.
Abbott: What was that?
Costello: I said, I DON'T CARE!
Abbott: Oh, that's our shortstop!

# 42 was the leading car of all of the overlapped cars. He should have gotten the "Lucky Dog"

The caution was created by # 48 Johnson who happened to be # 24´s team mate.

If Montoya get the lucky dog he would have easily gotten a Top-5 at Richmond.

You know what that would have meant to Jeff Gordon who was on the pits under a green flag stop ? The repercussions of Montoya getting Top-5 or even Top-10 would have shuffled the deck of cards and everyone knows where # 24 Jeff Gordon would be standing for today´s race in Chicagoland. The 2014 Chase was decided by a couple of points.

Jeff Gordon got in and I am ok with it since he drives the fastest cars in Nascar. He had to be in and that´s how much pull Hendricks got in Nascar.

The caution was created by # 48 Johnson who happened to be # 24´s team mate.

If Montoya get the lucky dog he would have easily gotten a Top-5 at Richmond.

You know what that would have meant to Jeff Gordon who was on the pits under a green flag stop ?

The repercussions of Montoya getting Top-5 or even Top-10 would have shuffled the deck of cards and everyone knows where # 24 Jeff Gordon would be standing for today´s race in Chicagoland.

The 2014 Chase was decided by a couple of points.

Jeff Gordon got in and I am ok with it since he drives the fastest cars in Nascar. He had to be in and that´s how much pull Hendricks got in Nascar.

Gordon was on pit road and he drove out of it, not in the pit. He had another time this year when he did get caught in the pit and lost a lap, but not this time. So the what if's didn't happen, it is what it is. Juan has had his share of bad breaks in the racing game.

Nascar, The Greatest Show on the Face of the Earth. It is a show.

"THE REPLAY"

Whose on First ?
Lou Costello is considering becoming a ballplayer. Bud Abbott wants to make sure he knows what he's getting into.
Abbott: Strange as it may seem, they give ball players nowadays very peculiar names.
Costello: Funny names?
Abbott: Nicknames, nicknames. Now, on the St. Louis team we have Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third--
Costello: That's what I want to find out. I want you to tell me the names of the fellows on the St. Louis team.
Abbott: I'm telling you. Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third--
Costello: You know the fellows' names?
Costello: Well, then who's playing first?
Costello: I mean the fellow's name on first base.
Costello: The fellow playin' first base.
Costello: The guy on first base.
Abbott: Who is on first.
Costello: Well, what are you askin' me for?
Abbott: I'm not asking you--I'm telling you. Who is on first.
Costello: I'm asking you--who's on first?
Abbott: That's the man's name.
Costello: That's who's name?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Costello: When you pay off the first baseman every month, who gets the money?
Abbott: Every dollar of it. And why not, the man's entitled to it.
Costello: Who is?
Costello: So who gets it?
Abbott: Why shouldn't he? Sometimes his wife comes down and collects it.
Costello: Who's wife?
Abbott: Yes. After all, the man earns it.
Costello: Who does?
Abbott: Absolutely.
Costello: Well, all I'm trying to find out is what's the guy's name on first base?
Abbott: Oh, no, no. What is on second base.
Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.
Abbott: Who's on first!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Costello: St. Louis has a good outfield?
Abbott: Oh, absolutely.
Costello: The left fielder's name?
Costello: I don't know, I just thought I'd ask.
Abbott: Well, I just thought I'd tell you.
Costello: Then tell me who's playing left field?
Abbott: Who's playing first.
Costello: Stay out of the infield! The left fielder's name?
Costello: Because.
Abbott: Oh, he's center field.
Costello: Wait a minute. You got a pitcher on this team?
Abbott: Wouldn't this be a fine team w i t h o u t a pitcher?
Costello: Tell me the pitcher's name.
Abbott: Tomorrow.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Costello: Now, when the guy at bat bunts the ball--me being a good catcher--I want to throw the guy out at first base, so I pick up the ball and throw it to who?
Abbott: Now, that's he first thing you've said right.
Costello: I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
Abbott: Don't get excited. Take it easy.
Costello: I throw the ball to first base, whoever it is grabs the ball, so the guy runs to second. Who picks up the ball and throws it to what. What throws it to I don't know. I don't know throws it back to tomorrow--a triple play.
Abbott: Yeah, it could be.
Costello: Another guy gets up and it's a long ball to center.
Abbott: Because.
Costello: Why? I don't know. And I don't care.
Abbott: What was that?
Costello: I said, I DON'T CARE!
Abbott: Oh, that's our shortstop!
Whoever the fluk you are you have a lot of typing time on your hands that's for sure.

That means both drivers got screwed. Montoya because he didn't get his lap back, and Gordon because whoever gets the lucky dog has to restart behind the lapped cars.

Whoever the fluk you are you have a lot of typing time on your hands that's for sure.
Excuseme No Hablo Ingles. I learned how to copy an paste today while watching the new restart rules. No more copy and paste.

There is still a lot left in the 2014 Nascar Sprint Cup; 10 races.

If it is about winning and percentages Montoya is due for a win; Montoya wins every two years so he is due.

It would take "Earnhart Ganassi Racing" to put it together; including the owners Ganassi, Sabate, and Ameli

Things that can take away Montoya´s lane to redemption:
  • Loosen lugnuts
  • Knowing how much fuel is left in tank
  • Not speeding on pit lane
  • No yellow flags when Montoya is about to win a race
  • Two or four decisions
  • 14 or less in every pit stop
  • No jet dryers
  • Proper assignments of "Lucky Dogs" by the officials
  • Jaime Mac Murray winning in one of the last 10 races of the 2014 Nascar Sprint Cup Chase
Montoya needs to let all of the other racers that he is entitled to winning and positioning himself as a contender for GLORY. If you are one in the 13, you should be aware that Montoya wont take any dirty tricks from anyone and they might find themselves in the 35 position of the race. "13" is in the air and the game´s witches and wizzards are mastering the final scene of the 2014 Sprint Cup show for the enjoyment of Nascar fans; me included.

Montoya has said: His ideal choice would be in a Hendricks´s car and specifically mentioned the 24 of Jeff Gordon. So now, he needs to keep his head cool and finished like the CHAMPION RACER he has been since he already has offers on the table.

There are good teams, good sponsors, and businesses of opportunities to be cashed by Juan Pablo in Nascar.

Juan Pablo would based his decision on whatever the most sense to Juan Pablo and his wife.

Montoya has an abundant amount of leverage to get sponsors, even after target and Texas Oil Co, TEXACO HAVOLINE and many other consumer brands marketed or not yet marketed to Hispanic Americans. Hispanics are very diverse according to their country of origin, education and income and mostly bonded by a common language.

It all come to EGR, hopefully they are learning the lesson about low balling Juan Pablo´s contract. If EGR does not get a win with Jaime Mac Murray in the remaining 2014 Sprint CUP, it is going to be a long winter for Sabates and Ganassi.

As a result, the EGR would be the next one to go.

MUCHO DINERO MUCHOS DOLARES !

Montoya just got hit from behind and got a flat tire and damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom