Montoya out of EGR in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Montoya is just another open wheel driver that can't get the hang of driving a loose racecar. Some drivers can make the transition, some cannot. I think open wheel drivers could benefit from running a year or so in a dirt sprint before coming to NASCAR.
good point, they got all kinds of sissy stuff. Ground effects and huge wings out the yazoo, traction control (super woosy) paddle shifters(limp wristed), brakes and tires as big as a box car and on top of all that,,not much for competition

Hey if a Danica fan is gonna come in this thread and bash a guy who has a couple wins and made the chase, I'm not going to just let that pass.

No need to police the thread.
Yeah, you're right, I was way off base. It was five up on the right. ;)

Completely wrong. She will do great things in NASCAR.

Tried to warn you DanicaFan , but any attempt to defend your driver will be met with absolute hate by some on this forum. Better if you try not to mention her. Somehow the macho guys really get off on bashing her. On the positive side , they get off on bashing other women too.:D

Montoya started 3rd and ends 7th in Atlanta Motor Speedway.

19th place in the standings with 11 races to go in 2013.

Montoya is among the Top-20 drivers in Nascar´s Sprint Cup.

Richmond here we come !

What about Montoya´s restarts ? He did it again !

First Jimmie Johnson making silly excuses and now Jeff Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamie McMurray: (1) Top 5s, (5) Top 10s.

Juan Pablo Montoya (4) Top 5s, (7) Top 10s

Not sure what your point is . If it's that Chip chose the wrong driver to fire , I think you're wrong . Jamie brought a great deal of prestige ,money and fame to the organization with his big wins . Chip owes him big time . If it's that Juan is a solid Nascar driver and deserves a shot with another team , I think you're right .Don't see him getting a better ride than he had though.

Not at all Mr. ted@economy. There is no way I would dare to try comparing one driver to another driver. The reason why I made the numbers is because both drivers drive for EGR and Montoya is on his way out of EGR. I like Jamie and he himself had to deal with EGR cars in 2011, 2012 when they had nothing going for them. Cars are a huge part of this business and also the car adjustments and the calls made by their respectives crews. Driver can make up for some mistakes made by their crews with his driving skills but not in all cases.

The point is Montoya is a pretty good driver himself and EGR is not going to take that away from Montoya.

There is more than one team willing to give Montoya a try as a driver.

The question remains if Nascar fan base and advertisers are willing to give another shot to someone who is a very hard sell due to the fact that he does not have the typical Nascar driver genotype. I would like to make clear that I am not making a racist statement at all; it is just pure marketing and most of you would understand. He has made a lot of progress in the Nascar fan base due to his driving skills, but yes, it is an uphill battle since it appears like the guy from the other side of town coming to beat the home boys. It is pure marketing and does take a while for the nascar fan base to accept such a proposition easily. Basically, he always plays as the visiting team.

Not at all Mr. ted@economy. There is no way I would dare to try comparing one driver to another driver. The reason why I made the numbers is because both drivers drive for EGR and Montoya is on his way out of EGR. I like Jamie and he himself had to deal with EGR cars in 2011, 2012 when they had nothing going for them. Cars are a huge part of this business and also the car adjustments and the calls made by their respectives crews. Driver can make up for some mistakes made by their crews with his driving skills but not in all cases.

The point is Montoya is a pretty good driver himself and EGR is not going to take that away from Montoya.

The question remains if Nascar fan base and advertisers are willing to give another shot to someone who is a very hard sell due to the fact that he does not have the typical Nascar driver genotype. I would like to make clear that I am not making a racist statement at all; it is just pure marketing and most of you would understand. He has made a lot of progress in the Nascar fan base due to his driving skills, but yes, it is an uphill battle since it appears like the guy from the other side of town coming to beat the home boys. It is pure marketing.
give a rest their is a reason he is racing in nascar,it,s the end of the road.

I think Montoya would be more marketable if he had more success. I think he'd have a larger fan base if he were more successful.
Guys like Dale Jr. do not need to be successful to have a large fan following; his last name is Earnhardt.
you think?

The question remains if Nascar fan base and advertisers are willing to give another shot to someone who is a very hard sell due to the fact that he does not have the typical Nascar driver genotype. I would like to make clear that I am not making a racist statement at all; it is just pure marketing and most of you would understand. He has made a lot of progress in the Nascar fan base due to his driving skills, but yes, it is an uphill battle since it appears like the guy from the other side of town coming to beat the home boys. It is pure marketing and does take a while for the nascar fan base to accept such a proposition easily. Basically, he always plays as the visiting team.

cochole......enuff w/ tha jpm stats....ok.

his "visiting team" status is tha very thing that may keep him in nascar. ??
IF...a sponsor/team thinks he also has appeal ta tha fastest growin minority group in usa...hispanics.
we'll see....if visser thinks so.

Montoya visits Furniture Row Racing: #78-Front Row Racing general manager Joe Garone confirmed to FOX Sports that Juan Pablo Montoya visited the Denver-based shop on Tuesday and remains on the teams shortlist to replace Kurt Busch in 2014. Garone also told FOX Sports that there has not been discussion between Furniture Row Racing and Jeff Burton, who will part ways with Richard Childress Racing at the end of the year (FoxSports)(9-5-2013)

Montoya visits Furniture Row Racing: #78-Front Row Racing general manager Joe Garone confirmed to FOX Sports that Juan Pablo Montoya visited the Denver-based shop on Tuesday and remains on the teams shortlist to replace Kurt Busch in 2014. Garone also told FOX Sports that there has not been discussion between Furniture Row Racing and Jeff Burton, who will part ways with Richard Childress Racing at the end of the year (FoxSports)(9-5-2013)

I really hope the 78 snags Montoya. I feel he is best of the rest still available. Hopefully they stay the hell away from Burton.

I really hope the 78 snags Montoya. I feel he is best of the rest still available. Hopefully they stay the hell away from Burton.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence. I do NOT want to see JPM go to FRR. Doesn't seem like a good fit. I wish Kurt would have stayed and they expanded to a second car, but oh well.

Burton, Montoya - Montoya, Burton. It's basically a wash between those two with Burton holding the edge over Montoya over their head to head competition. You don't have to look it up. I already did.

As much as I like Burton, I don't know if he would be a good fit either. If he plans on running part-time after 2014, he shouldn't go to FRR. I think they would benefit from a driver that would stick around for a few years.

As much as I like Burton, I don't know if he would be a good fit either. If he plans on running part-time after 2014, he shouldn't go to FRR. I think they would benefit from a driver that would stick around for a few years.
I'd rather see him go into the television booth on weekends.

Burton, Montoya - Montoya, Burton. It's basically a wash between those two with Burton holding the edge over Montoya over their head to head competition. You don't have to look it up. I already did.

I like em both too , for the same reason , I'd like to see how each would do in the 78 . Personality wise , Jeff is the clear winner . The other factor is (hate to say it) age , and Juan has him by 8yrs .

Tried to warn you DanicaFan , but any attempt to defend your driver will be met with absolute hate by some on this forum. Better if you try not to mention her. Somehow the macho guys really get off on bashing her. On the positive side , they get off on bashing other women too.:D
I'm macho and I like her!;)

Mark Martin would of been good in the 78, but Smoke got him now, too bad.

Juan will do fine in the 78 if he gets it. Burton is done imo and there is no one else ready with the nationwide pretty much getting poached. I think it'll be a one year deal like Kurt and see how he does..

who gives fr more on air exposure,,,,,jpm or jb. ?
that'll prolly be hirin decision. ?

who gives fr more on air exposure,,,,,jpm or jb. ?
that'll prolly be hirin decision. ?
Air exposure is what Juan Pablo Montoya has been getting at the track lately and he has the oportunity to keep it get going in the next 11 races that are left.

The car has been running well and that shall continue. It takes a TEAM to be competitive in Nascar and EGR must put it all together.

The last third of the season could be a good one for both EGR and Juan Pablo.

I see a lot of upside going for Montoya on the exposure side for the rest of 2014.

Kevin Harvick knows Montoya won´t back off and EGR should had known it.

I keep telling; do not to push the Colombian against the wall because he won´t back off.

This is the same thing EGR tried to do to Montoya and Juan Pablo said to them to take his job and shove it.

NO HABLO ENGLISH. MUCHO DINERO MUCHOS DOLARES

upload_2013-9-7_10-20-32.png

Hey if a Danica fan is gonna come in this thread and bash a guy who has a couple wins and made the chase, I'm not going to just let that pass.

No need to police the thread.
The sticky thread is called "All Things Relating to Danica", but it should just be called "Bad Things Relating to Danica". You can praise her anywhere, but if you dare have a negative opinion of her, you gotta take it to the sticky thread.

I think we can call cochole the resident Juan super fan.. he and Sliced bread should meet and gush over their respective drivers :p

I say that as a fan of both Joey and Juan.

Juan will do fine in the 78 if he gets it. Burton is done imo and there is no one else ready with the nationwide pretty much getting poached. I think it'll be a one year deal like Kurt and see how he does..
I think FRR would actually be a slight upgrade in equipment for Juan. Those EGR cars are garbage, which is one of the reasons why I don't see Kyle Larson having the amazing rookie year a lot of people seem to think he'll have. I still don't think JPM would be Chase material in the 78, I'm just curious to see if he can do better in it than the 42.

I think we can call cochole the resident Juan super fan.. he and Sliced bread should meet and gush over their respective drivers :p

I say that as a fan of both Joey and Juan.
I wont argue about it since I consider Harvick to be one of best drivers in the Sprint Cup.

I think FRR would actually be a slight upgrade in equipment for Juan. Those EGR cars are garbage, which is one of the reasons why I don't see Kyle Larson having the amazing rookie year a lot of people seem to think he'll have. I still don't think JPM would be Chase material in the 78, I'm just curious to see if he can do better in it than the 42.
MCMurray had a good car last night, had more experience then most driving the race, His team mate Regan Smith finished 2nd, and he only finished 10th. I think it is the drivers at EGR myself. finishing 10th in a Hendrick prepared car in a Nationwide race, cup regular..pitiful.

Kevin Harvick knows Montoya won´t back off and EGR should had known it.

I keep telling; do not to push the Colombian against the wall because he won´t back off.

This is the same thing EGR tried to do to Montoya and Juan Pablo said to them to take his job and shove it.

NO HABLO ENGLISH. MUCHO DINERO MUCHOS DOLARES

View attachment 8037

So you're saying he quit EGR?? No chief he was fired. He is what he is, a good driver who runs top 15-20 usually, gets the team a few top tens and is strong on road courses. He's never gonna win a lot of races or a championship, as far as drivers in Cup I'd rank him anywhere from 18th to 20th.

As far as pushing him against the wall, he's an afterthought to the rest of the drivers in the field, nobody goes into a race thinking I gotta stay clear of Montoya, I mean unless you drive the jet dryer.

Neither is your Avatar. Just because Martin is driving Chevy and got out of one of those rice burner hand grenades. The man is looking out for his safety..Turex with a broken wrist..Hamlin, with his back, oh the carnage. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom