MWR under siege lets help them out

uh nope..that's is true, been that way for years, should have run Vickers out of gas if ya want to do it the right way. but anyway..Nascar has lost TV exposure in one swell poop. Advertisers are taking the hit with reduced TV coverage..you getting this, I am not yelling like a ninny. so although you think it is just because of cheating, advertisers are also looking for ways to get out, or get reduced rates because they are getting screwed..just like racing fans are by reduced coverage.
tv shows are based on numbers, if the numbers were there the shows would still be on tv.

Johai had a good point MVR is only half Waltrips, buy out his part and run him off, or shut it down and have a Kauffman reset with a different partner if Mikey gets difficult. Possibilities

Hands down, he is the worst driver to ever strap into a stock car and add on the shady activity as an owner.. Nascar would be better without him

So Hidesert, not everyone feels the same way about MWR after all.

This thread gets an F for fail.

thread-fail-stamp.gif

ok I know we have other threads but this is kinda different topic. The majority of people here feel sorry for MWR. good people are going to loose their jobs. I am not a particular fan of MWR or its stable of drivers. However I have deep respect and admiration for what they have done as an organization. Remember mikey and dale jarrett running the 55 and 44 cars and how terrible the cars where?? thats what they started with. MWR is an american success story. The company was built with savvy marketing and hard work. don't be a freaking hater, you don't have to love mikey and his cheesy acts. love the sport of nascar like I do. If MWR goes away it will be a very sad day in the sport.

so what to do, post on the facebook pages of MWR, 5 hour and aarons your support for them. if you want to go further place a phone call or email. The decisions are being made right NOW as to what these other sponsors do. and frankly ask yourself if MWR hadn't been caught NAPA would be celebrating a chase birth. They would probably be expanding their role with MWR instead of leaving.

there will be haters on this thread ignore them. the majority here feel as I do that MWR should not go away and they have gotten more than their share of punishment.
I'll use Clint Bowyers words...."You sound like a RETARD"....How does it feel

you know I have never seen a more hateful group of people in my life than here. I suppose you have never made a mistake, I suppose you have never done anything wrong. we are talking about an organization possibly loosing everything and some of you "oh they get what they deserve" seriously come on. what about the families that depend on this race team up and running. and yeah MWR is a top teir team I rate them as number 3 or 4 at the top of organizations. lets see jack roush arrive on the scene 5 years ago in this day and age start out with terrible cars, terrible engines and build the race team from the ground up into a 3 car race contending team. lets see any of the sports old timers and big names do that. without the benefit of history and big name drivers. I say none of them would be as successful as MWR. our country was built by people who found a way to succeed. Our country still has an equal chance for people to excel MWR has excelled in a way that is truly admirable. I am a business man. I own multiple business and constantly try to get an edge over my competition. as a businessman I admire MWR and their success story.

mikey does the TV stuff, why?? because he is actually promoting his race teams. by him doing those shows and his relationship with the media he has skillfully promoted his race teams in unique ways. He is able to go to them and say look what we did here. There was this special show that we got your company in front of and on TV. you don't have to like the man, admire the accomplishment and tip your hat. oh why am I saying this most of the people complaining and hating on MWR will never be a business owner, will never try to gain an edge over the competition, will never do anything innovative. And thats fine its those that have done those things that make this country and the sport of nascar great.

[quote="hidesert cowboy, post: 671480, member: 7229"

so what to do, post on the facebook pages of MWR, 5 hour and aarons your support for them. if you want to go further place a phone call or email. The decisions are being made right NOW as to what these other sponsors do. and frankly ask yourself if MWR hadn't been caught NAPA would be celebrating a chase birth. They would probably be expanding their role with MWR instead of leaving. [/quote]

Sorry Bud but manipulating the results to exclude those that deserved to be in the Chase for you own benefit is both shameful and unacceptable. MWR is learning a tough lesson right now and they have still not admitted to it.

They made their bed.... now lie in it.

You must not remember Kevin Conway...
I remember the Extenze douche but he was only around for a season or so...Mikey has been spinning out and wrecking for just under 30 years.. Not to mention he has never gotten a win on anything but an RP track

you know I have never seen a more hateful group of people in my life than here. I suppose you have never made a mistake, I suppose you have never done anything wrong. we are talking about an organization possibly loosing everything and some of you "oh they get what they deserve" seriously come on. what about the families that depend on this race team up and running. and yeah MWR is a top teir team I rate them as number 3 or 4 at the top of organizations. lets see jack roush arrive on the scene 5 years ago in this day and age start out with terrible cars, terrible engines and build the race team from the ground up into a 3 car race contending team. lets see any of the sports old timers and big names do that. without the benefit of history and big name drivers. I say none of them would be as successful as MWR. our country was built by people who found a way to succeed. Our country still has an equal chance for people to excel MWR has excelled in a way that is truly admirable. I am a business man. I own multiple business and constantly try to get an edge over my competition. as a businessman I admire MWR and their success story.

mikey does the TV stuff, why?? because he is actually promoting his race teams. by him doing those shows and his relationship with the media he has skillfully promoted his race teams in unique ways. He is able to go to them and say look what we did here. There was this special show that we got your company in front of and on TV. you don't have to like the man, admire the accomplishment and tip your hat. oh why am I saying this most of the people complaining and hating on MWR will never be a business owner, will never try to gain an edge over the competition, will never do anything innovative. And thats fine its those that have done those things that make this country and the sport of nascar great.
Bud, don't pull the shame shame shame thing and the holier then thou routine. You will end up going to your room in a time out.

no thank you.. sucks for anyone to lose their job but that's what happens when an organization makes a critical, pr nightmare type of mistake.. People in this country get laid off all the time; I'm not gonna make it a crusede to save someone's nascar job. if they're good enough at what they do on the ground level and worse comes to worse that MWR has to let go some people, I think they'll still land on their feet.

I'm more worried about the people just trying to get by being laid off by Wal-mart.

Besides, I don't think MWR is going to go out of business. it was a mistake, one they're are paying dearly from but its not a deathblow for a guy like Mikey who knows how to work sponsors.

Nascar is 1 part legit racing and 1 part WWE.

Take away either component and NASCAR dies.

Embrace the clownish drama the same way you embrace the legitimate competition. It's good for the sport.

Winning smoke is that you?

Did not read!

A lot people who worked for Bear Sterns and Lehmen Brothers and depended on the income lost their jobs too ;)

lotsa good stuff above......lots not so good.
mikey's ONLY skin in tha game w/ kaufman was his smooze w/ fans/media/etc.
remember....he was ch 7 material when they formed corp.
which is why it's mwr. not rkr.

he thought he'd smooze outa this too.
if france had put both gordon and truex in chase.....this woulda been non issue...over with.
smooze mighta worked........
but no ....nascar had already tossed truex out.....can't do that.
but gordon in is ok ?? an ya can bet rick's crew gave penske audio ta nascar.

whole lot harder ta put tha ****e back in tha bull......than it was ta produce it.

nascar threw mikey under bus ta cover their ass....
we'll see how that goes.

note---i hate mikey's tv crap. never a fan...booth or track.

Last edited:
...Not to mention he has never gotten a win on anything but an RP track

He won The Winston (now the All Star race) at Charlotte once. Not an official race I know, but he raced his way into the main event from the qualifying race and won for DEI.

lotsa good stuff above......lots not so good.
mikey's ONLY skin in tha game w/ kaufman was his smooze w/ fans/media/etc.
remember....he was ch 7 material when they formed corp.
which is why it's mwr. not rkr.

he thought he'd smooze outa this too.
if france had put both gordon and truex in chase.....this woulda been non issue...over with.
smooze mighta worked........
but no ....nascar had already tossed truex out.....can't do that.
but gordon in is ok ?? an ya can bet rick's crew gave penske audio ta nascar.

whole lot harder ta put tha ****e back in tha bull......than it was ta produce it.

nascar threw mikey under bus ta cover their ass....
we'll see how that goes.

note---i hate mikey's tv crap. never a fan...booth or track.
c'mon Dawg, Hendrick crew giving Nascar the audio..Don't ya think Nascar can afford their own scanners? But I wonder who gave it to the press? Or are they allowed to have scanners with the private crew only channel? Who da rat investigative reporter

c'mon Dawg, Hendrick crew giving Nascar the audio..Don't ya think Nascar can afford their own scanners? But I wonder who gave it to the press? Or are they allowed to have scanners with the private crew only channel? Who da rat investigative reporter

why ?????.........tha 4 day long lag in 2 nascar press conferences...
.........if nascar had ALL tha audio scanner stuff from prev weekend .....sat. nite.
surely they heard penske stuff before 1st press conference. ??
an why did gordon suddenly go on his "cryin tour" ??? A: they had tha audio.
an thowed it in nascar's lap. !

How can you possibly have the mindset that "the family's of the crew will starve & lose their homes" because of a job loss at MWR? Do you know how much money them boys make a year for being a part of a competitive NASCAR team? Probably more than any of is will ever make in a lifetime. If they do get fired all of the mechanics, engineers, technicians etc... will spread themselves out into other team workshops. You sound like one of those people that make a thousand dollar commercial for Africa, then turn around & ask you to send money to Africa.

mikey does the TV stuff, why?? because he is actually promoting his race teams.. by him doing those shows and his relationship with the media he has skillfully promoted his race teams in unique ways. He is able to go to them and say look what we did here. There was this special show that we got your company in front of and on TV. you don't have to like the man, admire the accomplishment and tip your hat. oh why am I saying this most of the people complaining and hating on MWR will never be a business owner, will never try to gain an edge over the competition, will never do anything innovative. And thats fine its those that have done those things that make this country and the sport of nascar great.
These are opinions and they are mine.

First, It wasn't a mistake, It was a premeditated act of theft and he got caught stealing from his competitors. How much do you think a chase berth is worth? Millions.
Second, I don't know if our country was built by people that thought the only way to succeed was to cheat and steal their way to the top but if so that is ancient and history that has nothing to do with this.
Third, see first above, what is admirable about that.
Fourth, It is your right to have that opinion and I respect your right to think that.
Fifth, Michael Waltrip is a narcissistic personality that has got to be the center of attention at all times, while It is true that he has parlayed that trait into financial gain.

A reminder, these are my opinions and I am entitled to them. Do I want MWR to go out of business? NO. Do I want MW out of the sport? NO. But I do want him to own up to his actions and get off of our TVs at least for a couple of years while this settles down a bit. My entire working life I ran multi million dollar company's (Ships actually) and for thirty five years I have owned my own company that started out as a hobby but is now a full time business and I would immediately fire anyone that thought cheating or stealing is the way to do business.

He won The Winston (now the All Star race) at Charlotte once. Not an official race I know, but he raced his way into the main event from the qualifying race and won for DEI.
Whoa I never said that... And he won the Winston driving for the Wood Bros... Juuuust sayin

How can you possibly have the mindset that "the family's of the crew will starve & lose their homes" because of a job loss at MWR? Do you know how much money them boys make a year for being a part of a competitive NASCAR team? Probably more than any of is will ever make in a lifetime. If they do get fired all of the mechanics, engineers, technicians etc... will spread themselves out into other team workshops. You sound like one of those people that make a thousand dollar commercial for Africa, then turn around & ask you to send money to Africa.

There's plenty of people earning less than 100k a year in the NASCAR job market, a job market that is beyond flooded.

A reminder, these are my opinions and I am entitled to them. Do I want MWR to go out of business? NO. Do I want MW out of the sport? NO. But I do want him to own up to his actions and get off of our TVs at least for a couple of years while this settles down a bit. My entire working life I ran multi million dollar company's (Ships actually) and for thirty five years I have owned my own company that started out as a hobby but is now a full time business and I would immediately fire anyone that thought cheating or stealing is the way to do business.

won't happen:

“I’ve said it repeatedly, there was no master plan to manipulate the race,’’ Waltrip said. “That was never discussed or brought up. Do they want an arm? What are you looking for? I hope that we can put it behind us.
Clint did not spin on purpose. I stand behind him. We made some mistakes during the course of those final laps. We’re sorry for that. We apologize to the fans. We totally understand their concerns. We will race ahead with much dignity and respect as humanely possible.

So we should support a cheater just so he can continue to provide for his employees? What about Gordon and Newman's teams? If they didn't make the chase how many of their employees would have been out a job? The 24 wasn't running too good earlier in the season and if they failed to make the chase I guarantee you there would have been some employee shake up. Newman is gone from SHR at the end of the year. There is no guarantee that his team stays with SHR. Don't you think there are people over their fighting for their jobs, or auditioning for others? Why should they have been screwed when they and their drivers earned a spot, that was potentially taken away by the cheaters at MWR?

Sorry, I'm just not buying the whole "MWR leaving the sport would be a big blow" thing.
It would not be that big of a deal. Mikey is going to survive this. If they lose one car big deal. People lose their jobs everyday. The free market will sort it all out. I would hate to be Mikey trying to get another 20 million out of some big company in this situation. I dont care what happens to them to be honest.

It would not be that big of a deal. Mikey is going to survive this. If they lose one car big deal. People lose their jobs everyday. The free market will sort it all out. I would hate to be Mikey trying to get another 20 million out of some big company in this situation. I dont care what happens to them to be honest.

Like I said, MWR will rebuild. They're not going to disappear.

MWR screwed up. They lost a ton of sponsorship money. This will not go unnoticed by the other teams.
You're only a thief if you get caught. MWR got caught and now they're feeling the repercussions.

Nope, Napa wants out same as Nationwide, nascar is losing fans at an alarming rate and some big sponsors can no longer justify the cost. This was a perfect out for Napa and they took it, we will naver see them as a primary sponsor ever again.

Back
Top Bottom